Car Rentals / Experience with Bus @ VWL

breps83

Earning My Ears
Curious how many of you drive / rent a car for use @ Disney.

We stayed at OKW a few years ago and had some bad experiences using the bus. We waited over an hour a couple times in the morning trying to get to some places. It was even worse trying to get back to OKW. Magic Kingdom wasn't too bad but the other parks had a huge delay. We are looking to stay at VWL in a few months so hoping that might be a bit better.

I don't mind paying a few bucks for parking at the parks if it gets us in and out quicker. We will have a 1 year old with us for the first time. Renting a car seems like it might be easier & quicker.

We also want to make sure we can get to Star Wars early in the morning for a boarding pass.

We always rent a car. If staying on site you don’t have to pay to park at the theme parks. If staying at the lodge the boats are easy to get to MK. But the other 3 parks I drove to when I stayed at the lodge. Plus you share a bus with the campground sometimes unless that has changed. You need to shop around for a rental though. Prices vary. Check out the transportation forum on these boards. There is usually a thread for car rentals for each month.

Thanks I will take a look at the transportation forum. I didn't even realize there was an area dedicated to that!

We always rent a car to have the flexibility t go where we want when we want (like early mornings at HS for RoTR).

Curious how many of you drive / rent a car for use @ Disney.

We stayed at OKW a few years ago and had some bad experiences using the bus. We waited over an hour a couple times in the morning trying to get to some places. It was even worse trying to get back to OKW. Magic Kingdom wasn't too bad but the other parks had a huge delay. We are looking to stay at VWL in a few months so hoping that might be a bit better.

I don't mind paying a few bucks for parking at the parks if it gets us in and out quicker. We will have a 1 year old with us for the first time. Renting a car seems like it might be easier & quicker.

We also want to make sure we can get to Star Wars early in the morning for a boarding pass.
If you are staying on site you get free parking in the parks.
Denise

We always rent a car for the flexibility, but we've found we often don't need it. Especially when staying at WL - the boat to MK is the way to go! In the morning, WL does not share a bus with any other resort so that works out nicely. WL did share buses in the afternoon (during non-busy bus times) last time I was there.

We always rent a car but will often take Disney transportation if its more convenient. We never drive to MK because of the ticket and transportation center and when we stayed at Pop and AoA, took the gondolas to Epcot and HS, but we love the convenience of having the car if we need to get somewhere like ROTR or go offsite for
dinner (rarely) or stuff like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!