Car scuffed today at at M&F parking lot. Should I inform Disney?

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I left the park around 12:30 today. When I got to my car, I saw that it had been scuffed. Should I report it to Disney? I'm not sure if they'd want to know or be in a position to do anything about it. Has anyone had experience with such things?

Nah, I wouldn't bother. They've got an air tight indemnity clause.

I guess theoretically the only reason to contact them would be to see if they might have video footage but if it's just a scuff from parking next to someone and not damage from being hit (like someone backing into or sideswiping your parked car) there's unlikely to be anything identifying on video.

They have video, without question, and I would ask to see the video. Maybe it will implicate they driver who did the damage? Its worth a shot. If you do get a plate and see the violation on video your insurance company will go after the drivers insurance company to collect. Then you don't have to pay your deductible and have your rates go up. Its all probably a long shot but its worth it to ask and see.

If you do ask Disney about it please let us know their response.

They have video, without question, and I would ask to see the video. Maybe it will implicate they driver who did the damage? Its worth a shot. If you do get a plate and see the violation on video your insurance company will go after the drivers insurance company to collect. Then you don't have to pay your deductible and have your rates go up. Its all probably a long shot but its worth it to ask and see.

If you do ask Disney about it please let us know their response.
Yea I doubt they will release a video. Unless it’s Subpoenaed by a court most companies don’t just let anyone watch. I’m sure Disney has an even tighter policy. Cameras are their to protect them from liability not us.

If there is damage, and not a scuff that can be buffed out, I would file a police report with Anaheim PD. This will help with your insurance claim and they or the insurance may ask for the tape and chase down the offender. If there is actual damage, that is a hit and run.

If you do ask Disney don't be surprised if they'll only release any video to the police or your insurance company. Where I work we don't release video to private citizens.

You know, I think you're right. My mother's (ex)housekeeper illegally stole my mom's pain meds then refilled the Rx. The pharmacy wouldn't let us watch their CCTV, but they gave it to the police.

If there is damage, and not a scuff that can be buffed out, I would file a police report with Anaheim PD. This will help with your insurance claim and they or the insurance may ask for the tape and chase down the offender. If there is actual damage, that is a hit and run.
California may be different, but in my state the police don't get involved with cars getting bumped in parking lots because it is on private property. They only get involved if it is on a street. Intentional vandalism may be different, but that doesn't sound like it is the case here.

Thanks for the info, everyone. When I got home last night, I discovered that the scuff wasn't as severe as I'd thought, originally. Much of it came off with water and a paper towel. There's still a little evidence of it but it's not as bad as it looked yesterday afternoon. So that's good :-).

Thanks for the info, everyone. When I got home last night, I discovered that the scuff wasn't as severe as I'd thought, originally. Much of it came off with water and a paper towel. There's still a little evidence of it but it's not as bad as it looked yesterday afternoon. So that's good :-).
I bet that's a relief

That's good to hear. Try buffing it out with white toothpaste (Colgate original) and a microfiber cloth. I had a scuff and took out all the paint transfer with this combo. hth!

I had a pretty good scuff on my car about a decade ago. Took it to Maaco for a cost estimate. Their employee pretty much buffed the scuff away with some wax, a cloth, and a little elbow grease.

If it bothers you, I'd pick up some turtle wax.

California may be different, but in my state the police don't get involved with cars getting bumped in parking lots because it is on private property. They only get involved if it is on a street. Intentional vandalism may be different, but that doesn't sound like it is the case here.

Most police no longer investigate non injury accidents, so getting a police report is of little value to insurance in this day and age.

Most police no longer investigate non injury accidents, so getting a police report is of little value to insurance in this day and age.

Can't confirm this for Anaheim, but definitely in Costa Mesa they won't come out for a non injury accident. Learned this Christmas Day this past December when a lady backed up into the side of my CR-V in a Von's parking lot ($3,000 worth of damage we later learned... her insurance covered it since she was at fault, but it still put a huge damper on my vacation).

It's still recommended in the state of California in the case of a fender bender to call the police in case they do want to come out/local laws differing from other cities even if no injuries, but yeah. They don't tend to come out unless someone was injured. Unseen scuffs from a parking lot is another issue entirely that I'd definitely think the cops wouldn't bother with.

But very glad to hear it was not nearly as bad as it looked :)

Our car was damaged a few weeks ago. We were parked in a marked space on the street where everyone parks on a angle. When we returned, it was obvious the person parked next to us didn't cut the wheel hard enough and their front end did a ton of damage to the rear panel of our car. It was over $2000 in damage, had to replace the whole panel and the bumper. No note, nothing. There had to be quite a bit of damage to their car as well (ours is red, I'm sure the front of their car was covered in red paint). We were parked across the street from a bank so we were hoping the security camera caught it. Called the police, they said we would need to file a police report and request a subpoena for the video. They said to expect 6-12 months to actually get the video (if they still have it after all that time), and that would be only to look at it to see IF the camera picked up across the street - no guarantee the accident was even on the video.

We decided to just submit to the insurance and pay the $500 deductible. It hurt to pay, but not worth the time and effort to "maybe" find out who did it. :guilty:

.....and now that I have wallpapered the morning, I can stop counting flowers and blooms and sprigs that your post bring of great colorful information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter