• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car seat requirements

sbouncer

<font color=red>I am starting to think it is for r
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me what the California requirement is for car seats/booster seats for a toddler? We are headed to California for two weeks in a week with our son who is 6 1/2 years old, 54" tall and 55lbs. Do the laws out there require that he be in a booster seat in the rental car? Thanks in advance, trying to determine if I need to bring one or buy one when I get there.

The law states 6 years or 60 pounds though the state is now recommending children sit in boosters until age 8. Legally he would be fine without a booster seat. Ideally he would sit in a booster until the seatbelt can fit him properly and you're the best person to evaluate that. My DS is 7, 51" tall and 85 pounds. He still sits in a booster seat 99% of the time because the seatbelt cuts across his neck when he doesn't. You have to decide what you are comfortable with for your travels. We usually pack a backless booster in our suitcase. You can also buy one at WalMart for $25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter