Carnival Cruise Ship Also Hit by a Virus

we must have been reading the same thing :) I posted this at the same time as you.

Thanks for posting this -- it's interesting that the Fascination was only a three-day cruise -- that dispels the notion that it's happening on the Magic rather than the Wonder because of a longer incubation period! I'm keeping my fingers EXTRA crossed now!!! ;)

Disney Reps had no problem confirming the illnesses on board.;)

From Cnn.com - [regarding Carnival]
Florida's Department of Health alerted police officials Sunday that the ship would return to port with numerous sick passengers, although Carnival spokesman Tim Gallagher refused to confirm if anyone aboard was ill.

"We got a call advising us that the Fascination was coming in with 86 people aboard with some type of illness," Miami-Dade police spokeswoman Ama Tangelo said

— MIAMI (Reuters) - U.S. health inspectors boarded the Carnival Fascination in Miami on Monday to investigate another seaborne outbreak of suspected Norwalk-like virus that sickened 194 people during a weekend cruise.

The 855-foot Carnival Cruise Line vessel is the third ship in recent weeks to report large outbreaks of vomiting, diarrhea and other symptoms of Norwalk-like virus, which is considered nondeadly and generally clears up within a few days.

Carnival will not be giving refunds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter