CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for those who have cruised from Miami. What hotel/transport did you use? Any that you would recommend or never use again? I'm looking at Miami Comfort Inn and Suites because they provide a shuttle to the port and I can also book transport to the airport after the cruise. They don't have any pics on their website, so can't tell how nice/yucky it is. Whenever we cruise out of PC, I usually book somewhere with a nice pool since we usually get a morning flight and a lot of time to relax at a pool. We won't be able to get direct flights into Miami, so won't have much time at the hotel. But I still want something clean and non-smoking and pet free(asthma and allergies). So, if you read all this any recommendations? Thanks
The airport is very close to the port. I would Uber or taxi. As far as hotels I’ve stayed at Embassy suites and hyatt house near the airport and Hilton Garden Inn on south beach. South beach is a good distance. Anything downtown or near the airport is going to be close to the port.

The airport is very close to the port. I would Uber or taxi. As far as hotels I’ve stayed at Embassy suites and hyatt house near the airport and Hilton Garden Inn on south beach. South beach is a good distance. Anything downtown or near the airport is going to be close to the port.

Thanks for the info. I originally thought about staying at a beach resort, but most likely we won't arrive until early evening so we wouldn't have time for the beach. I wish Southwest would fly to Miami, I know they fly to Fort Lauderdale, but I haven't been able to convince my dh to fly there and then rent a car. Will just have to wait until I can book flights to see where I can find best deal.

Thanks for the info. I originally thought about staying at a beach resort, but most likely we won't arrive until early evening so we wouldn't have time for the beach. I wish Southwest would fly to Miami, I know they fly to Fort Lauderdale, but I haven't been able to convince my dh to fly there and then rent a car. Will just have to wait until I can book flights to see where I can find best deal.
I've flown to FLL for a Miami cruise. We used a shuttle service to our hotel (once SAS Transportation and once Larrys Limos). Both on time and fine.

Last edited:

I would probably fly into FLL if it is cheaper. Stay near the airport and use SAS or one of the other services. It is only an hour or so from FLL to port of Miami, and hotels there are often cheaper.

I would probably fly into FLL if it is cheaper. Stay near the airport and use SAS or one of the other services. It is only an hour or so from FLL to port of Miami, and hotels there are often cheaper.

That's what I want to do. We can get a direct flight on SW if we fly into FLL. I just have to convince my dh to do it that way. I do all the planning and bookings for our trips, so I should just book how I want and tell him it is the only option! Lol. Our cruise isn't until 2021, so a long time away and who knows what airlines will be doing then.

That's what I want to do. We can get a direct flight on SW if we fly into FLL. I just have to convince my dh to do it that way. I do all the planning and bookings for our trips, so I should just book how I want and tell him it is the only option! Lol. Our cruise isn't until 2021, so a long time away and who knows what airlines will be doing then.

Since the two airports and ports are so close together (I mean they are like an hour apart, so about the same as flying into MCO and cruising from Port Canaveral) it is really common to fly into whichever is cheaper. There are a few transportation services for shared or private between them. So for sure, go with whatever is easier/cheaper! It is a lot easier for us to get to FLL so that's what I am planning to do for my December cruise. Which I am really looking forward to. Planning is a big part of the fun of the trip though!

I cruised out of FLL in Feb and flew home out of MCO. The flight was at 145. We rented a car for 38.00 dollars and we’re at MCO at 1200. We have TSA PreCheck. This was on Royal and deembarkation seemed a lot smoother. The rental car is less than a minute away. I’m not sure I’d recommend this but it was are only option at the time.

I have a question for those who have cruised from Miami. What hotel/transport did you use? Any that you would recommend or never use again? I'm looking at Miami Comfort Inn and Suites because they provide a shuttle to the port and I can also book transport to the airport after the cruise. They don't have any pics on their website, so can't tell how nice/yucky it is. Whenever we cruise out of PC, I usually book somewhere with a nice pool since we usually get a morning flight and a lot of time to relax at a pool. We won't be able to get direct flights into Miami, so won't have much time at the hotel. But I still want something clean and non-smoking and pet free(asthma and allergies). So, if you read all this any recommendations? Thanks

For our last cruise departing from Miami, we stayed at The Epic. I got a great price for it through Hotwire.

Then we took a cab to the port. It was really close so it did not cost us much.

Netflix has added a lot of movies if anyone’s bored.
At least five of my coworkers husbands have already been laid off. Things are getting bad quickly.

Our town has a lot of family owned restaurants. Yesterday while driving I noticed all the signs saying they were still open for take out orders. We don't normally go out for dinner very often, but have decided we are going to order from the different restaurants at least 2 or 3 times each week. Luckily my dh hasn't been laid off yet, which is quite shocking since just about all other businesses are closed here. I saw Disney is putting the movie Outward(I think that's the name) on their new streaming service. We don't have Netflix or any other streaming services, but may have to get Disney's if school stays closed into April. It's been a long week already!!! God bless all school teachers, this new math system is killing me!

Anyone else here in Ohio? My neighbor said the governor hinted that schools will be probably be closed for rest of the year.😭😭😭😭😭 My dd misses her friends and teachers. Her sweet teachers have posted messages every day to let the kids know they miss them. She has the best middle school teachers. I'm going to need a really long cruise once this is over with! Won't even care where it goes to, just let me see the ocean! I think I'm going to watch Moana tonight!

Off topic, but travel related. If you have any Southwest flights booked for this year, I'd check them. Everything is changing, reducing, being disrupted, etc. We have a round trip flight in June to St. Louis for a wedding and I was able to change it due to "extenuating circumstances that might cause a disruption" to our flights. And the flight choices offered now are drastically reduced. I'm not sure what's going to happen in June, but will just have to wait and see.

I also have flights booked in September/October for our planned WDW trip and again, options are majorly reduced now. I had planned 3 one-way trips due to a stop in Atlanta before flying to Orlando. Now, there are zero options to fly from home into Atlanta on the date I need. And Atlanta is a huge airport. So as of right now we're going to have to fly a different airline to get down. We're still able to fly ATL-MCO with no issue, but on our flight from from MCO, there is now ONE option listed (which is what we originally booked on) instead of the 7-8 there were before.

I'm just at a point now where I'm praying to everything that is holy we will get to go to WDW this September!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter