Carol Bowling

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Merry Mousketeer, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Merry Mousketeer

Merry Mousketeer Hey there, hi there, ho there!

For many years, you our friends and DIS family, have poured out your love, prayers and pixie dust for my wife, Carol Bowling. I know you all share my family’s sadness in hearing that Carol passed away peacefully Tuesday morning. Her indomitable spirit and positive attitude carried her through a 10-year battle with Pulmonary Hypertension (PHA) and non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Her spirit and love will continue to live on in every life she touched.

Carol found so much joy, friendship, and freedom through The DIS. Some of our dearest friends were made through Dreams Unlimited Travel Adventures by Disney: Backstage Magic, DIScruises and my being a part of The DIS Unplugged Team. Carol frequently served as "my lovely research assistant" for The DIS Unplugged Connecting with Walt Podcast. So many of our happiest memories were with family and friends at DIS events and at the Disney Parks. I know whenever I visit a Disney park, I'll always hear Carol saying, "It's a great day to be alive!"

Our family invites you to make a donation to the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) in memory of Carol. Carol was a long-time volunteer with PHA, leading in-person and telephone support groups. She was a generous fundraiser and spoke at many events, including PHA’s International PH Conference. Donations may be sent to 801 Roeder Rd. Suite 1000, Silver Spring, MD, 20910 or made online at www.PHAssociation.org/donate where you may select that you are making a tribute gift in memory of Carol Bowling.

Thank you for all your prayers, love, and support.

2. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

Carol was always delightful. I shall miss her much. I’m so very sorry.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 2hapykdz

2hapykdz Mouseketeer

So sorry Michael:(

5. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

So sorry Michael. You and your family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

BigRed98, BlvInMagic and Tonyz like this.
  6. soniam

soniam Wooden leg named Smith...

Saw your FB post and it brought my day to a halt. I am thinking of you and your family. I admire the relationship you and Carol had. Stay strong.

rteetz likes this.
  7. Daisybelle

Daisybelle I'm just happy to be here

I'm so sorry to read your news, Michael. I have always admired how lovingly you speak of your family. And I so enjoyed when Carol was on the podcasts in the past. I hope your lovely memories of her continue to be a comfort to you and your family. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

8. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss Michael. She always made me smile on Facebook and Instagram. Praying for your family.

9. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Constantly craving a zebra dome...

I am very sorry for your loss. I shall keep your family in my prayers, and send all the love I can.

10. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Sending you, your family, and all others who knew, loved or were somehow touched by Carol a virtual hug, Michael. I know every time I interacted with her here or on social media, or saw a post by her, or a picture of her beautiful and courageous smiling face, I always had the biggest smile, and a full heart, despite never being lucky enough to actually meet her (or you). Thank you for making it possible for us to honor her, and possibly help others with PH. I hope all of you find comfort in your loving memories in the near future.

disneyland_is_magic likes this.
  11. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear that Michael. Clearly, you had a very special relationship together and we will all be thinking of you and your family.....

12. TCups4Me

TCups4Me DIS Article Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing with your DIS community.

13. WebmasterMaryJo

WebmasterMaryJo Techarita Staff Member Administrator

Michael, People use the word 'inspiration' too often these days, but Carol really was an inspiration. Her strength humbles me. You have my deepest condolences. :hug: Much love.

14. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

My condolences, Michael. She seemed like a great person. You have a lifetime of happy memories to look back on... I hope you can find some peace and comfort in those memories.

And if you ever need to take a break with some mindless Disney discussions, we’re here to serve you!

Sending good thoughts your way.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  15. dvc at last !

dvc at last ! DVC Member 2006!

I am sorry. Good thoughts and prayers sent your way.

16. Jafar30

Jafar30 DIS Veteran

Very sorry to hear this. I lost my sister last year to PHA just two months after she was diagnosed.

17. pooh'smate

pooh'smate Stuck in the Middle

Sorry for your loss

18. Ron from Michigan

Ron from Michigan DIS Veteran

So sorry for you and your families loss. I remember seeing you both on the Disneyland show and could tell how special she was. Take care Michael.

19. kbelle8995

kbelle8995 DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry Michael. My thoughts are with you and your family.

20. piglet1979

piglet1979 DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

21. NeuroCindy

NeuroCindy DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss. Carol was a wonderful woman. Sending you good thoughts.