Carousel of Progress problem

AJP235

Earning My Ears
Hey all, new here.
Just came back from my first Magic Kingdom trip in years. Had a great time!
Just one interesting thing that I felt like this might be a good place to join and ask.
The Carousel of Progress... They announce at the beginning that nobody can leave the show once it starts. Well...someone left during the end of the second part and the ride operator came on the speaker to explain the rules once again and said that we would have to watch that part over and we did. It was kinda funny, but then someone left during the end of the third part and everyone kinda groaned knowing what was about to happen. Once again, the ride operator came on and said to not leave the attraction and we would have to watch that part once again. It was amusing seeing everyone's reaction, but you can tell a lot were getting fed up. ha
Does this happen often? Why don't they just have an employee guard the door? Or was I just at an unlucky showing? lol

Hey all, new here.
Just came back from my first Magic Kingdom trip in years. Had a great time!
Just one interesting thing that I felt like this might be a good place to join and ask.
The Carousel of Progress... They announce at the beginning that nobody can leave the show once it starts. Well...someone left during the end of the second part and the ride operator came on the speaker to explain the rules once again and said that we would have to watch that part over and we did. It was kinda funny, but then someone left during the end of the third part and everyone kinda groaned knowing what was about to happen. Once again, the ride operator came on and said to not leave the attraction and we would have to watch that part once again. It was amusing seeing everyone's reaction, but you can tell a lot were getting fed up. ha
Does this happen often? Why don't they just have an employee guard the door? Or was I just at an unlucky showing? lol
How do you know someone actually left? That message is given every time the ride malfunctions, in my experience. It might be that the ride was wonky when you were there, malfunctioning multiple times, which led to the message to not leave & to the reset of that portion of the attraction.

How do you know someone actually left? That message is given every time the ride malfunctions, in my experience. It might be that the ride was wonky when you were there, malfunctioning multiple times, which led to the message to not leave & to the reset of that portion of the attraction.

We saw them walk out. The ride operator seemed pretty upset. The second couple that walked out you could hear people telling them no, but they still did it. It was just crazy. lol

It doesn't happen often during the ride.

@Shanti I've never heard a recording for the ride. Before it starts a CM in the front left gets on the phone and gives the announcement about the show and no standing up, flash photography, etc. Then the CM leaves the room and I'm assuming their monitoring the show from outside the room.

I was on it one time right in the beginning of the show.. Opening intro and music had just finished and two young boys stood up. The cm that was just inside came over the speakers and said something about not standing and that the beginning would have to get played again. Halfway through the beginning into for the second time, one of the boys stood back up. Cm came back on and gave a more stern warning and then for a third time the intro was played again.

So for everyone, the lesson here is not to get up during the ride. Unless you want to make everyone else mad

It doesn't happen often during the ride.

@Shanti I've never heard a recording for the ride. Before it starts a CM in the front left gets on the phone and gives the announcement about the show and no standing up, flash photography, etc. Then the CM leaves the room and I'm assuming their monitoring the show from outside the room.

I was on it one time right in the beginning of the show.. Opening intro and music had just finished and two young boys stood up. The cm that was just inside came over the speakers and said something about not standing and that the beginning would have to get played again. Halfway through the beginning into for the second time, one of the boys stood back up. Cm came back on and gave a more stern warning and then for a third time the intro was played again.

So for everyone, the lesson here is not to get up during the ride. Unless you want to make everyone else mad

Yeah, they said something like if you can't stay for the full show then please leave now.
I must have been just having bad luck for it happening twice!
Easily solved if they just put a guard at the door maybe?
Not sure why that's the case every time someone leaves it malfunctions. Also, dangerous considering it moves.

I've had it happen before. Can't remember how many parts we had to re-watch, might have only been once. I haven't been to WDW in quite a few years so not sure on how many times people got up to leave.

I filmed the entire ride (i'll post it up this week) and it got stuck on 2 separate scenes and we had to watch them both twice lol... it made for interesting viewing! At least the kids now know the words.....

I filmed the entire ride (i'll post it up this week) and it got stuck on 2 separate scenes and we had to watch them both twice lol... it made for interesting viewing! At least the kids now know the words.....

Nice! This was on Saturday? Pretty cool knowing someone else here witnessed this with me. haha

We were on it on the 8th August, I guess this happens often! lol I think there scariest part was the excessive noise level of the CM announcing to sit down as if there were multiple people trying to escape! lol

Yeah, they said something like if you can't stay for the full show then please leave now.
I must have been just having bad luck for it happening twice!
Easily solved if they just put a guard at the door maybe?
Not sure why that's the case every time someone leaves it malfunctions. Also, dangerous considering it moves.
They would have to put two CM's in each theater. No way would Disney do that, as it would cost money.

We were on it on the 8th August, I guess this happens often! lol I think there scariest part was the excessive noise level of the CM announcing to sit down as if there were multiple people trying to escape! lol

Well geez, this must happen often then. lol. Yeah, they sounded very peeved.
You think by now they would just put a lock on the door or something.

Nice! This was on Saturday? Pretty cool knowing someone else here witnessed this with me. haha

Saturday dinner time? We sat through the first scene, then the cast member came on and said people must remain seated - and then the first scene again. It was right around 6 (we had just enough time to do CoP and then get to a dinner reservation.)

I'm pretty sure that the doors are monitored except for the exit scene and the entrance scene. Once the theater rotates into the regular scenes, I think the doors are monitored so that if they're open, the carousel Estops itself. The only way to reset is to repeat the scene again .

It's either the doors or the pressure mats outside the theater doors, but you could exit while it's in rotation, so it's probably the doors.

for a ride about the future, their p.a. system is worse than a 3rd world airport.

We had to sit through 'that new fella Babe Ruth / blown fuse' scene 3 times in April. Everyone could narrate along.

Count us in - watched the second scene twice late last year. Two folks got up and walked out the back door. We had a good laugh.

This happened to us the last time we were on C of P. Someone left after the first scene had started. The CM came in, asked again that no one leave once the show had started. The first scene stopped, was re-booted and we watched it again before we continued to the next scene.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter