Carousel of Progress problem

I have experianced it many times. Poeple decide they want out and than just get up and leave. Here comes the announcement, every time. It was so bad one day they stopped the ride, CM's came in and asked if anyone wanted out now to please leave. The entire contingent of Brazialians got up and left accomapnied by applause from those of us who stayed.

Yep it's happened to me too. More than once. I love the COP greatly. But this happens almost every time I go.

It also happened to me once in the Haunted Mansion. We were in the circular room and two people pushed their way out. Which stopped the ghost host's spiel. The ghost host didn't even get to "There's always my way." I think I was muttering jerks under my breath.

There was a time when we were on it and they kept stopping it not because someone left; but because people were not staying seated. Thankfully we didn’t have to watch any segments over again; but I began to wonder if it was some people just trying to be annoying because I think it had to be interrupted 7 times. It was really frustrating as this is one of our favorites. We ended up not repeating it that trip.

I rode the carosel of progress once years ago because I didn't know what it was. I can fully sympathize with the desire to get up and leave once you see the first scene lol, but it's crazy that people can be that stupid and disrespectful of all the other guests by actually doing so. I'm a rule follower so it bothers me to no end when other people think they are above the rules, one of my biggest pet peeves is the philharmagic and people stopping in the middle instead of going to the end of the row as instructed. Hate that! If I have to walk past someone who has sat down before they are supposed to I purposely bump into their legs as much as possible while passing.

I'm another one who has ridden it dozens of times and have never had that happen, I feel left out. I love that ride and would probably enjoy getting to watch a couple of scenes over again.

And to think my daughter almost peed on herself because she declared she had to go right when it started and I had no idea we could leave. oops.

Tell me about it. I know they will never get rid of it but I can't stand it.

I can definitely see people's frustration with it.
I love it, but kinda nod when people say how outdated it is and it has to go.
It just holds a tremendous amount of nostalgia for some.
Don't know of another ride (maybe POTC) that instantly transports me back to my childhood.

Search youtube and you'll find some videos where the CMs have had to say the announcement...multiple times. I really can't blame them for getting frustrated.

The thing about CoP is for whatever reason people treat it like a normal show where you can get up and leave if you want (I'm thinking like Indy for example) but it's an attraction and it's a moving one (on Disney's website it's even listed under Attractions not Entertainment like other shows that Disney calls 'stage shows').

Why people can't just treat it like a ride where you know you shouldn't get up (of course we know some do even on rides) is beyond me.

Well, we all think that Walt was a genius, but if he had designed it so the stages rotated instead of the seating, then it wouldn't be a ride and you could leave at anytime. You would just have 4 different areas to queue to load into the first theater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!