Carousel of Progress problem

Ugh, I would die if I had to sit through a repeat of a scene (or scenes) in CoP. We call it Carousel of Boringness. I'd rather be stuck in IASW for an hour. Well, maybe that's going too far. Either way, FOLLOW THE RULES PEOPLE! How hard is to just SIT DOWN for 20 minutes? Dang. Poor CMs.

You're probably right.
Seriously, though, if you are using the Carousel of Outdated Technology as an escape from the heat, then the repeat scene is a good thing. But last time it happened to me, my gf were just killing time until our SM fastpass would be active. So getting stuck for an extra scene just made us anxious to get off as our FP became active while Dad was overcooking the turkey for the second time

Seriously, though, if you are using the Carousel of Outdated Technology as an escape from the heat, then the repeat scene is a good thing. But last time it happened to me, my gf were just killing time until our SM fastpass would be active. So getting stuck for an extra scene just made us anxious to get off as our FP became active while Dad was overcooking the turkey for the second time

At this point I'm tempted to try to get the audience to sing/clap along with the song, and maybe do some Rocky-Horror style audience callbacks at the characters just to liven things up. I think the CMs would frown upon these practices, though.

Nobody walked out when we rode it, but the operator got pretty PO'd when a couple wouldn't sit in their chairs. They also kept completely ignoring the cast member's repeating of the line "PLEASE SIT DOWN". At some point, another guest turned around and said something rude to them. It wasn't very magical. lol

Saturday dinner time? We sat through the first scene, then the cast member came on and said people must remain seated - and then the first scene again. It was right around 6 (we had just enough time to do CoP and then get to a dinner reservation.)

It was around dinner time, but the show repeated two scenes. So maybe we just missed the show you were at.
But it seems like from this thread that it happens more often than usual. ha

I think it would help if they announced how long it was at the beginning.

Like "This show is 20 minutes long and you cannot leave in the middle, please exit now if necessary" and then give people a chance to get up and leave if they can't commit to the 20 min.

I love CoP but it is annoying when the scenes repeat

I truly went into it not knowing anything about it, I guess I should've YouTubed it lol... I thought it was an 'interesting' spectacle to do once, a good experience to check off your list but it isn't something I would do multiple times. It didn't help that the PA System is 10,000 times louder than the ride itself. It is very harsh... having a thick accent also doesn't help!

No. you really don't. As someone who has sat through the last scene multiple times, there is no novelty
Alright - let's start that scene again "It's a great big beautiful tomooorrrrrooooowwwwww"
no... No.... NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:scared:
(almost as bad as getting stuck on IASW for 30 minutes...:) )

I am surprised they allow people to just leave against a CMs instructions........ a CM was actually killed on this ride several years ago, it is not something to mess around with.

Also we were stuck and saw one scene about 6X in a row, it was actually fun because the audience was saying the lines along with the ride.

people should just sit and enjoy the AC? I'm guessing that locking the doors so no one could just leave at any time must be for safety reasons. Other wise just lock the doors

At this point I'm tempted to try to get the audience to sing/clap along with the song, and maybe do some Rocky-Horror style audience callbacks at the characters just to liven things up.

YASSSSS! Let's do this. What a GREAT idea!

Father: "And I even hear tell about two brothers from North Carolina who are working on some kind of flying contraption. (Chuckles.) It’ll never work."
Audience: "Never, ever, EVER!". <cry>

Father: "Now James, I thought I told you to ask my permission before using my new stereoscope. That’s not a toy you know."
Audience: "INTERNET, Jimmy! TRY THAT NEW INTERNET!"

Seriously! If the Original Mickey Mouse Club song got that silly addition..."Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me? M I C..K E Y..M O U S E...MICKEY MOUSE!....(DONALD DUCK! ugh...) then surely we can liven up the Carousel of Progress-ively Rude Guests Standing Up with a little Rocky Horror style back 'n' forth.

Awesome suggestion, TavieP, I am so down with this.:worship:

It looked like the situation was snowballing out of control. The CM is getting more frustrated as people leave, and the opening scene starts over. As the scene starts over, the guests get frustrated that the carousel isn't progressing, and decide to leave. The CM has to warm everyone, again, not to leave, the scene starts over, again, and more people get frustrated and leave...

Can't win.

YASSSSS! Let's do this. What a GREAT idea!

Father: "And I even hear tell about two brothers from North Carolina who are working on some kind of flying contraption. (Chuckles.) It’ll never work."
Audience: "Never, ever, EVER!". <cry>

Father: "Now James, I thought I told you to ask my permission before using my new stereoscope. That’s not a toy you know."
Audience: "INTERNET, Jimmy! TRY THAT NEW INTERNET!"

Seriously! If the Original Mickey Mouse Club song got that silly addition..."Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me? M I C..K E Y..M O U S E...MICKEY MOUSE!....(DONALD DUCK! ugh...) then surely we can liven up the Carousel of Progress-ively Rude Guests Standing Up with a little Rocky Horror style back 'n' forth.

Awesome suggestion, TavieP, I am so down with this.:worship:

HAHAHAHA these are hysterical! :rotfl:

This is interesting. So if one theater messes up, everyone pays because it's a rotating theater?

The attraction is a huge circle. Think of it like a pie, cut into slices. Each scene is a different slice of the pie. They are all connected. So if someone gets up 2 scenes away, the whole attraction must reset, not just that theater. There is no way for the other theaters to continue.

We go to WDW 2 or 3 times a year & probably do COP twice a trip. We have had it happen occasionally, but not often. I think people everywhere are just less polite, less compliant with instructions & more inclined to just do what they want no matter what. So things like this are happening more.

Personally, I think guests who get up & leave a moving attraction after instructions not to should be met by security. Maybe a threat to remove them from the parks would put a stop to this trend. Yes, I know emergencies happen & you might have a legitimate reason to leave. That's an easy explanation to a CM or security. But getting up because you are bored or don't like it? Maybe a little visit with security would inconvenience them the same way they are inconveniencing other guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter