Carry On a TV-VCR

LinK

Wishes do come true!!
We are driving down from PA and will have this in our car. Can we carry this on with us and when can we put it in our room. We don't want to leave it in the car for four day because of the heat and we don't want to party with it either. Thanks:)

Same here. This TV/VCR has been a lifesaver for us on our
trips to Disney (from PA also) - we are taking the 7 day cruise
in August, driving also, and wondering what to do with the
TV/VCR. Our only answer would be to carry it on-board (cannot
make that drive without it). I assume there is no where
to store it at the terminal?

Can't really help you but I understand the dilemma. We left ours with an uncle who lives 70 miles from the port and then picked it up afterwards on the way home. No, there definitely is no place to store it at the port.

Perhaps if you were staying at the Radisson before and after the cruise they would be willing to store it. You might want to give them a call to find out. (321) 784-0000.

Our TV and VCR stays in our van year round.......and we live in Alabama...........as long as you can keep it out of direct sunlight you should be okay. It has never hurt ours........even locked in on 100 degree days. Just my opinion and we do have a conversion van.......that might make a difference!

Can't you just cover it with a blanket? I'm not sure I'd want to bring it with. And, you'll have plenty to do on board.

Kim ºOº

The only problem we had with leaving a TV/VCR combo in the car was in the winter and the temperature got down to 15 degrees. There was an error message when we went to turn it on in the morning and had to wait for it to warm up. We drove cross country from NV to NC in July and had it in the car for 2 weeks with no problem.

We recently got a portable DVD player that conveniently fits in a laptop type case and we carried that right on the ship. That is the way to go! I would hate to lug our TV/VCR combo onto the ship.

We brought a mini DVD player too . . . the PowerPuff Girls were a lifesaver!

:bounce:

If you do decide to take it on with you, be sure to either have the original receipts showing serial numbers, or register it with customs before you leave. Otherwise you could be charged duty to bring it back into the country.

Personally, unless you are in a catagory 1-2-3 stateroom, you will probably find storage to be tight to begin with, and that much more would be that much more.

Another option--kind of weird but could work...take it to a Mailboxes etc., and ship it to yourself right back to that same Mailboxes etc. They'll charge you a small fee to accept and hold the boxes for you.

Anne

Originally posted by ducklite

Another option--kind of weird but could work...take it to a Mailboxes etc., and ship it to yourself right back to that same Mailboxes etc. They'll charge you a small fee to accept and hold the boxes for you.
That's an interesting idea. I never would have thought of that.

Here's the nearest MBE:

www.mbe.com/usa/mbe1174.htm

But I think the simplest option is to ask Shirley at The Perfect Gift if she'll hold on to it. Shirley has made offers of assistance to cruisers. I've met her. I know her offer is genuine and there's no ulterior or profit motive in her offer. She's just a really nice lady. I'm sure if you asked, she'd be happy to hold on to it for you.

Dave, isn't it wonderful to know that we all have a guardian Angel in the Port Canaveral area -- Shirley must be a VERY special person!;)

My Dh and I decided to just leave it in the car and cover it up. Thanks for all your help. I wasn't that crazy about taking it on the ship. You guys help make that decision. This will be our second cruise and I know that there wasn't much room to speak of the our room.
:D

Dave, could you supply the web site for the perfect gift please? I have seen so many good things mentioned and would love to make use of this fine service.

Thanks again,
Hal

PS. Send some of the snow northward. Things look so much better here in PA when coated in a soft white blanket.

Why thank you sir. But, it's still not snowing. We had 32 inches in the 93 storm. We actually had lightning during it!

The MBE idea sounds like a great idea as a freind had done the same thing during a school break. He did not want to keep his hi-fi equipment in his dorm room.

Thanks again,
Hal

We've always taken a TV/VCR in our vehicle with us to Florida and never had any problems. We just covered it up. Now we have one mounted in the top so it can't go anywhere. About that snow Flyrfan, everytime I go outside in the cold or see snow I wish I was in Florida. I prefer the snow they use at WDW. I like being in shorts, drinking hot chocolate and seeing those fake snow flurries. Nasi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter