Carsland here we come - Update 23/10

Carsland sounds fun. We had a similar experience at Blue Bayou, it was the biggest disappointment given the big raves it gets on DIS. The service was super average and the food the same. We had a good seat near the water which was nice, the atmosphere is unique and worth a visit, but it put us off ever bothering to go again.

marvel said:
Carsland sounds fun. We had a similar experience at Blue Bayou, it was the biggest disappointment given the big raves it gets on DIS. The service was super average and the food the same. We had a good seat near the water which was nice, the atmosphere is unique and worth a visit, but it put us off ever bothering to go again.

We found a lot of the cm's this year were 'just' doing their job.... Little bit less pixie dust this trip.

PrincessInOz said:
That's a shame about BB....but it sounds like you had a great time at CarsLand.

Did you buy any food in CL? If so, how was it?

Thanks for sharing.

We did flo's v8 cafe on our 2nd day for dinner. Food was appalling and expensive. We ended up going out of Carsland finding a hot dog stand for a fill up! Then went back in again. Their shakes were great though. They do need to work on the menu for kids and adults. Mains were mostly roast of the day. Kids mini version or macn cheese. Our kids didn't eat it! Sad because the atmosphere is great.

We did flo's v8 cafe on our 2nd day for dinner. Food was appalling and expensive. We ended up going out of Carsland finding a hot dog stand for a fill up! Then went back in again. Their shakes were great though. They do need to work on the menu for kids and adults. Mains were mostly roast of the day. Kids mini version or macn cheese. Our kids didn't eat it! Sad because the atmosphere is great.

Dang! I had them on my list to go eat at. Thanks for the feedback.

August 28

Some well earned rest and a Starbucks breakfast started our day. A swim and splash at the hiltons pool and kids water playground too. It was then time for our art bus up the road for 5m and our day at Disneyland.

We strolled up main st USA and headed for a coffee and bite to eat at the jolly holly bakery . Great treats at this spot. Looks a lot like crystal palace at Wdw but that's the only similarity.

Fuelled up we headed for a day of fun starting in tommorowland. Astro orbiters , star tours, space mountain x4 , a utopia to name a few. The park crowds were very light and that meant multiple rides.

We ventured through fantasyland and enjoyed dumbo, cases jones, it's a small world and took in the parade . It was a hot day but fun filled. We ended up over at the hungry bear for dinner near splas mountain. Great burgers all round but the sweet potato fries were NOT a hit. They were supplemented by a huge milk chocolate, caramel gooey green apple on a stick and a lemon honey bumble bee cake. Lots of goodness. We are drawn to hungry bear as its always quiet,cool and nice views of the lagoon area.

Lots of splash mountain and big thunder railway and then some popcorn and a dole whip whilst we watched fantastic to end the night. Well almost. We made it out the front gates and the fireworks started so we camped in the middle of the 2 parks with about 500 new friends who had a similar idea and enjoyed a terrific view. A very quick art bus back and all tucked up for a big shopping day tomorrow.

August 29

After a long day/ night in the park it was a good sleep in followed by our new daily routine of a swim/ splash at the Hilton pool , some washing ( conveniently located in pool area) , Starbucks brekkie with our Hilton coupons and then up for a change and a quick walk to Sheraton park hotel ( 5m) to wait for our bus up to the citadel outlets for an afternoon of shopping.

Bus was 30 m late which wasn't flash as by the time we arrived it was 130 with a 330 departure ( only other was 6pm and the kids would have killed us by then!!) so it was a power shop....

We came out of the Nike factory shop with all new runners, Lycra, tshirts etc. very good value. Some good shorts at under armour ( 1/3 price of Australia), nautica shop for polos ($20ea) and perfume as well from one of the shops cheap as chips...gap outlet was huge but just not much for us this time around and a quick trip to toys r us for a trinket and it was time to fly...really should have got earlier bus as I am sure there was more good stuff lurking around the next corner. 30 m back to hotel and another dip before art bus to downtown Disney and dinner at the rainforest cafe.

We really like the rainforest. Always something happening. I had made a reservation and was able to walk straight in. We were up on 2nd floor . I didn't realise how big it was. Anyhow a monster platter, ribs, chicken and a few burgers later we were stuffed. Well we did have a little bit of room for a shared 'volcano' for dessert. Now they are something...particularly the theatrics from the servers to announce one being delivered. Lots of fun for everyone including ds1 as it was also a birthday ish party too for his 14th.

Took in all the sites of downtown Disney, brought ds3 his birthday present from Lego shop without him knowing ( amazing) ..some cars Lego. Even at resort prices was at least 40% cheaper than home.

All that shopping wore us out and it was an early night.

Good job on buying the pressie without him spotting it. That's near impossible! :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to taking my boys to the Rainforest Cafe :) I always enjoy it and I think they'll ALL really enjoy it :)

Nice report. The prices of everything is just amazing, even without any discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter