Cases rising or dropping by you?

That's good news, but the numbers are still really unacceptable here, and they're (the state) not releasing numbers, and not telling how many people are being transferred from the hospital to nursing facilities.

The number of deaths in Florida is up for the third straight day. 252 reported today. Nearly 10,000 more cases, and testing is closing today because of Isaias. Maybe the labs will get caught up with the tests. I read today that one person is dying of Covid in the USA every minute.

In Orlando I saw a car from Nova Scotia yesterday. Nowhere near the parks, but? So many out-of-state plates not in the Disney area that you'd swear nobody was sick here. There were tons of them at AK on Tuesday late afternoon. California, Illinois, entire eastern seaboard every southern state, Missouri. Americans just can't stay home I guess.

Here's an example of what I think is wrong with USA in general:
https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/fli...tically-less-than-ones-in-the-us-on-the-radar
Interesting graphic. Honestly, there are so few planes over Calgary now that one stops and looks for a minute when you spot one.

That's good news, but the numbers are still really unacceptable here, and they're (the state) not releasing numbers, and not telling how many people are being transferred from the hospital to nursing facilities.

The number of deaths in Florida is up for the third straight day. 252 reported today. Nearly 10,000 more cases, and testing is closing today because of Isaias. Maybe the labs will get caught up with the tests. I read today that one person is dying of Covid in the USA every minute.

In Orlando I saw a car from Nova Scotia yesterday. Nowhere near the parks, but? So many out-of-state plates not in the Disney area that you'd swear nobody was sick here. There were tons of them at AK on Tuesday late afternoon. California, Illinois, entire eastern seaboard every southern state, Missouri. Americans just can't stay home I guess.

Here's an example of what I think is wrong with USA in general:
https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/fli...tically-less-than-ones-in-the-us-on-the-radar

Partly because there are groups of people that are needing to travel for work regardless of the current situation.
But, also, because the airline industry bailout that was handed out by the gov required airlines to keep employees on payroll and still fly airplanes (even if nearly empty).

Orange County CA: local news reported hospitalizations down 19%. Uh, yeah, vs the peak. Doesn't look so great if you go back one month. I'm worried because such statements will lead people who don't pay much attention to let their guard down, leading to a third wave.

Btw, 31 deaths reported on Saturday. Highest one-day total by far.

Florida's new cases and deaths are way down, but we should disregard the next several days. The numbers are down because many testing sites were closed for Hurricane Isaias, and cause of death determinations were also probably paused.

Our # of cases have been here in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas has been steadily rising 15-20 percent a day for at least a week. We've had several convention centers around the Valley converted to Covid-19 medical treatment centers.

Today Florida reported fewer than 5,000 cases, but the testing sites were closed.

Total cases 486,000 (trailing California by 30k)

Florida's numbers Sunday-Sunday are:
1,230 dead (brings the total to more than 7,100)
63,277 new cases (10,000 fewer than the week before)
3,086 new hospitalizations

Orange County CA: local news reported hospitalizations down 19%. Uh, yeah, vs the peak. Doesn't look so great if you go back one month. I'm worried because such statements will lead people who don't pay much attention to let their guard down, leading to a third wave.

Btw, 31 deaths reported on Saturday. Highest one-day total by far.

View attachment 515576

Third wave?
Most of the country is not even out of the first wave. Cases need to be near none to be considered having completed a “wave.”

Today Florida reported fewer than 5,000 cases, but the testing sites were closed.

Total cases 486,000 (trailing California by 30k)

Florida's numbers Sunday-Sunday are:
1,230 dead (brings the total to more than 7,100)
63,277 new cases (10,000 fewer than the week before)
3,086 new hospitalizations
The one number I saw that was probably not affected by the hurricane was the positivity rate and that continues to improve slowly. Here's the data, and you can see the continued lessening of the positivity rate. The rate would not be affected by the number of tests; new cases obviously would be affected.

And here are the numbers on total test results.

I think we will continue to see lower numbers for another day or two because we were bracing for the hurricane on Thursday and Friday. Many test centers were not open at all Friday through Sunday, so I don't think the testing dropoff is fully reflected yet.

Third wave?
Most of the country is not even out of the first wave. Cases need to be near none to be considered having completed a “wave.”
Actually that isn't true. I'm on a homeschooling board and all the statistical moms(as in math degrees or jobs in that area) told me that it doesn't need to be 0. I didn't understand the explanation, but mathematically it doesn't need to be 0 to be a second wave.

Actually that isn't true. I'm on a homeschooling board and all the statistical moms(as in math degrees or jobs in that area) told me that it doesn't need to be 0. I didn't understand the explanation, but mathematically it doesn't need to be 0 to be a second wave.

I never said it has to be zero.

Our numbers are going back down. Problem is our hospitals are taking care of patients from other counties. Less than half of the hospitalizations are from my county.

Florida in general:
Today's wonderful Florida Covid news:
Added 225 to the death total bringing it to 7,627 lives lost
Added 5409 new cases, so a total of 502,739 infections.
Infection rate is 18.2%, and they've only contact-traced 4% of the infections.
600+ new hospitalizations today, which is highest so far.

Orange County, FL update

I still don't believe half the numbers states are reporting. Numbers can be analyzed to say whatever they want them to say because of how they decide what information to track. For instance, RI was just taken off the low risk list for MA because their positivity rate through John Hopkins was double what the state itself says it is. They are saying John Hopkins numbers are wrong. It is funny because John Hopkins numbers are the same ones RI has been using to make other state visitors quarantine when they go to RI. Now that they are the ones being told their numbers are too high all of a sudden the same number calculations are wrong.
It is all ridiculous all around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!