Cash on Eastern Cruise

Ashley24

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend a dollar amount to bring for the Eastern cruise? We are going on a Disney excursion on St. Maartin (sp?) but plan on buying tropical outfits there. Do you recommend cash for shopping there or a credit card? I know I will use cash for tipping and will probably go to Coral World on our own so will need to pay admission prices and taxi costs. Can you pay with a credit card at Coral World? Any other unexpected "cash" purchases? I have been to CC so I know about having to pay cash for stamps.
Thanks!
Ann

Some of the stores on St. Maarten take credit cards, but some don't. I found it easier to have cash Tropical outfits there are cheap. Dresses for under $20 (I got mine for $12), and mens shirts for $10 to $15. The taxi's and water taxi's only take cash as well.

We brought travelers checks with us, and cashed them on the ship before we went ashore. It was the easiest and safest way we found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter