Cass, Rob & Kira - Christmas on the Wonder 2019 - "Seriously??? We just ate!!!"

All caught up! Yay :flower1: Awesome couple of days, love the stingray pictures. I just love how you guys know how to relax, I mean really relax. On the verandah with a book, at the pool, oh its awesome. I remember having the verandah, and every time I sat on it, I'd feel like, what am I missing?? So I couldn't really relax out there. Next time we do it, I will remember what Cass and Rob do, and not feel guilty for taking the time for themselves to do nothing! Too funny he went to the buffet tonite without you, why doesn't this surprise me though lol. Keep it coming!:yay:

I guess since you said “no husband but more importantly no chapstick”, Rob can “leave you for food”! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

good thing I know you guys better than that. 😍🥰😍
As for your table location at AP, you should’ve told them “nobody puts Baby in the corner” 🤪❤️

I guess since you said “no husband but more importantly no chapstick”, Rob can “leave you for food”! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

As for your table location at AP, you should’ve told them “nobody puts Baby in the corner” 🤪❤️

All caught up! Yay :flower1: Awesome couple of days, love the stingray pictures. I just love how you guys know how to relax, I mean really relax. On the verandah with a book, at the pool, oh its awesome. I remember having the verandah, and every time I sat on it, I'd feel like, what am I missing?? So I couldn't really relax out there. Next time we do it, I will remember what Cass and Rob do, and not feel guilty for taking the time for themselves to do nothing! Too funny he went to the buffet tonite without you, why doesn't this surprise me though lol. Keep it coming!:yay:
It wasn't entirely my fault, they told me there was still ice cream there and when I got there, I kind of got side tracked. When I remembered how long i was taking, I ran back to the ice cream station and Cass wasn't there. So I ran back to the pool and then remembered I had the only key, so here I am running around with a plate of food all over the ship and ran down to deck 5. I wasn't entirely happy with myself about making her wait and have apologized profusely for my oversight. It was very rude of me :(

It wasn't entirely my fault, they told me there was still ice cream there and when I got there, I kind of got side tracked. When I remembered how long i was taking, I ran back to the ice cream station and Cass wasn't there. So I ran back to the pool and then remembered I had the only key, so here I am running around with a plate of food all over the ship and ran down to deck 5. I wasn't entirely happy with myself about making her wait and have apologized profusely for my oversight. It was very rude of me :(

Hi Rob, I feel like I've known you for years and years and that we're old friends :-). Oh gosh, I'm afraid what I typed came out wrong, darn technology. So what I meant by "why am I not surprised", what I meant is you love to eat lol! It was really all in jest, I hope it wasn't taken wrong. My husband would have done the exact same thing, trust me. Where there's food, he is there! I'm so enjoying this trippie as always, but I don't want it to ever end. I hope you have another one booked already.

December 24th, Part 1

Today we sailed to Falmouth, Jamaica. :hippie:

We had no plans for today other than exploring the little area where we port. Rob and I have been to Jamaica before, back in 2003 and we did the whole Dunns River Falls thing and we had no desire to do it again. I looked at some excursions here but they are all too far away from Falmouth for me. :scared:

I wanted to go to the Blue Hole, but that was even further away and with my health issues, it's just not feasible for me.

We were okay with that though, we cruise for the ship, not the ports. ::yes::

When I woke up, we were already docked...

463.jpg

Kira stayed in bed so Rob and I got ready and then headed up to Cabanas to eat.

We decided to eat outside since the weather was perfect for me. It was a little cool, very cloudy and it had just been raining. :cloud9:

464.jpg

465.jpg

466.jpg

The tables were wet so I took a napkin and dried off the seats and the table and we got to enjoy a lovely, quiet breakfast. :lovestruc

This is one of the shirts I bought Rob at Box Lunch...it was SO perfect for him!! 8-):rotfl2: We actually quote this movie at home a LOT, especially when it comes to "second breakfast" :lmao:

467.jpg

468.jpg

This was my favourite morning on the ship, it was nice and quiet as everyone was inside and just as we were finishing, it started to rain. :umbrella::lovestruc

469.jpg

We heard the crew doing some drills, which made sense why there were dirty tables everywhere! Normally, they are so good at cleaning, they are constantly roaming, taking dishes away for you and cleaning tables for the next guests.

470.jpg

Rob took his coffee to go and we walked around the top decks for a bit, checking out the port area. It kind of reminded me of Tortola, minus the stifling heat. :rolleyes:

Note the heaters, above the tables, that's new to us too!

471.jpg

We had the Holland America Eurodam next to us..

472.jpg

473.jpg

Back to the room to relax a little. Eventually, Kira got up and got dressed and then got herself some..err...breakfast :p

474.jpg

There were no good activities going on at the moment, so we figured it was a good time to head down now. Nice empty ship...

475.jpg

And off we went!

476.jpg

477.jpg

We basically just wanted to get off the ship so that Kira could say she's been to Jamaica now :laughing:

478.jpg

479.jpg

Walked through the Customs building and then into the plaza...

480.jpg

481.jpg

There is a place where people hang locks, which they had for sale, of course! ;)

482.jpg

They had a couple areas to get jerk chicken...

483.jpg

There were, oddly, three or four sets of bathrooms. Quite a few for such a small area :scratchin

484.jpg

485.jpg

486.jpg

487.jpg

488.jpg

489.jpg

490.jpg

We walked all the way down to where the secure area ends, at these gates...

491.jpg

492.jpg

Rob read all of the signs, with the history of the country and the port.

494.jpg

495.jpg

Aaaaaand then, we headed back. :lmao:

493.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah! Fantasy for SWDAS (solo) and then the Wonder for Alaska with the whole family!

Very nice!!! Have fun!! :cool1:

One of my favorite DCL foods also!

They must put something in those tenders, I swear! :laughing::rotfl2:

Glad you guys had a great time on that excursion! :fish: That last sunset you just posted is just wow! Those clouds were kinda cool looking 8-)

I love the colours and light every time we go to Grand Cayman, and the look of the ocean, it's usually like glass! Must be something in that area :lovestruc

Thanks again for the awesome report.
If I ever do one I will copy your style.. loved the pictures. Your family seems so cool.
We're also 3 and our DD is close to your daughter's age I think. she's 14.

May I ask you: Who was the club/activities host? And what did you think of her/him?
There's a good chance we'll get the same.

We enjoy adult activities & are hoping we get a good host.
A good club host adds so much to the cruising experience.

We are the opposite of cool...we are total dorks :p

The Club host was Chris...say it with me...Chris! :rotfl:He said that at every activity! :earboy2:

He was good, not the best, certainly not the worst. ;)

He did the adult trivia, which was way better than the family trivia :rolleyes1

Oh my goodness, little baby Kira circa 2007!! Smoooooshhhhh :love1::love:

I always love looking at photos from the sting ray adventures people do because I know my kids would NEVER in a million years agree to this excursion :( Maybe one time dh and I could do it and leave the kids on the ship :flower1:

Oh my goodness, I could so go for a plate of those chicken tenders right now!

HAHAH, too funny! It's definitely something very cool to experience at least once. ::yes::

Oh man, I am missing those tenders something fierce. :sad:

Finally reading this on a regular computer and WOW....the pictures are sooooo much nicer. :love: Whodathunkit?

No way, you don't say!!?? :rolleyes2

You just can't do it all but the more cruises we take, the more time we spend just relaxing, doing what we like instead of doing stuff we think we should be doing. ::yes::

As for your table location at AP, you should’ve told them “nobody puts Baby in the corner” 🤪

No...I said "lip balm" :earboy2: And he's the one that got me addicted so it's ALL his fault. :rotfl:

Is there an echo in here?..... 🥴

:teleport:

Hahah, it's totally okay babe! You are always forgiven. :love2:

Hi Rob, I feel like I've known you for years and years and that we're old friends :-). Oh gosh, I'm afraid what I typed came out wrong, darn technology. So what I meant by "why am I not surprised", what I meant is you love to eat lol! It was really all in jest, I hope it wasn't taken wrong. My husband would have done the exact same thing, trust me. Where there's food, he is there! I'm so enjoying this trippie as always, but I don't want it to ever end. I hope you have another one booked already.

He didn't take it wrong, he just still feels bad for leaving me like that. :p

We are doing a short trip to see Galaxy's Edge next month but no trippie for that and it's just Rob and I. ;)

Awwww oops :(
Now I just want to know WHEN did you pee???? :rotfl2:

The second I got into our bathroom!!!!! :lmao:

I'd have to say Falmouth is one of our least favourite ports we've stopped at (with Ensenada being the absolute worst one we've done) and if we did a Western again, I would stay on the ship (well, probably meander in the port area like you guys did and possibly do Margaritaville :rotfl2: )

I'm not sure when those patio heaters were added but they were definitely there when we sailed to Alaska this past August so they were put in before this most recent dry dock. They are LOVELY in Alaska :love:

I'd have to say Falmouth is one of our least favourite ports we've stopped at (with Ensenada being the absolute worst one we've done) and if we did a Western again, I would stay on the ship (well, probably meander in the port area like you guys did and possibly do Margaritaville :rotfl2: )

I'm not sure when those patio heaters were added but they were definitely there when we sailed to Alaska this past August so they were put in before this most recent dry dock. They are LOVELY in Alaska :love:

Did you do something while you were there? What made it your worst port? I'm curious now. :scratchin :rotfl2:

Hmmm, I don't have pics from last year (Dec 2018) but I'm fairly sure they weren't there then. I looked at my Dec 2017 pics, they for sure weren't there then.

I wonder when they were put in :confused3

This is helpful to see pictures of the port in Falmouth. We will be there in April and our plan is to just go to Margaritaville and take advantage of the pool. I suspect everyone else will too. :)

We did the Green Grotto Caves excursion in Falmouth (FA73 on the DCL website), it was ok, interesting, but not thrilling. My kids didn't want to do Dunn's River and a few other excursions so we did this one then go right back on the ship. The bus ride was a bit intense/sketchy and I dunno...the whole area just felt "icky" Don't get me started on Ensenada and the excursion we did there..... :headache:

So we do our first Eastern the end of February, I am starting to count the days I am so ready to get away. I was almost drooling over the chicken tender pictures they are so good on the ship!

I LOVE Rob's t-shirt! My adult daughter is a huge snacker and she gets lots of teasing from us. She refers to that quote all the time. So cute!

The way they wrapped that clock! Sooo pretty!!

So, is that another Straw Market beyond the gates? I don't recall seeing all those information signs and the walk being that pretty when we were there in 2015. Must be newer since then or is my brain that fogged up and it was there all the time? Hmmmm, don't answer. I already know what you're going to say. :)

December 24th, Part 2

While Rob was busy reading all about the history of Falmouth, Kira and I copped a squat on a bench and talked with a family who was on the HAL ship. They were a middle-aged couple with two teenage boys, around 14 & 17 I would guess. I was wearing my Castaway Cay shirt that day so they started asking us questions about our cruise and what it was like. I felt bad because with each story we told them, the boys got sadder and sadder. They said they were so incredibly bored on their ship and by the time we finished talking, they said that their next cruise might be a Disney cruise. :earboy2:

We walked around a bit and explored...

496.jpg

497.jpg

498.jpg

499.jpg

Let's just say we were thrilled to be getting back on the Wonder instead of the Eurodam. :rolleyes1

500.jpg

Instead of going through the metal detector and x-raying our bags on the ship, it was done inside the custom house in the terminal building. And I should point out that getting back on the ship, both here and in Grand Cayman, did not require photo ID, only your KTTW card, which is weird because they always harp on you about bringing government issued photo ID when you leave the ship. :cool:

Back to the room where we all showered and chilled in the room together watching Tangled.

502.jpg

Rob likes the buffet for lunch because of the selection and it closes almost every day at 2pm so Kira and I joined him for some company before it closed.

On the way, I took a pic of the drink options at the 24-hour free drink station on deck 9...

503.jpg

504.jpg

505.jpg

Kira ended up getting buns and fries. :rotfl2:

506.jpg

Rob was satisfied with his array of food selections...:goodvibes

507.jpg

And I went and got a couple of hockey pucks for my kid...I don't know why the buffet cookies are so different from Daisy's and room service ones. :confused3 I much prefer the other ones. ::yes:: My girl is not picky though :laughing:

508.jpg

About half-way through Rob's meal, I left them to go grab my lunch. I prefer to eat in my lovely quiet room. :thumbsup2

I kind of felt like a hot dog but I didn't want to miss out on my tenders so I got both. 😋

509.jpg

They were almost done with their drills...

510.jpg

Rob came back and was chomping on an ice cream cone. I was laughing at him, asking him which meal he was on now but he refused to show me 😂🤣

511.jpg

He finally turned around but was sucking in his gut :lmao::lmao::lmao:

512.jpg

Kira and I enjoyed some verandah time as she was waiting for her friends to come back from their excursions.

513.jpg

We noticed off in the distance some waves where it was super shallow, cool!

514.jpg

Kira went off to join her friends and Rob and I went to the Crown & Fin for Villains Quotes Trivia, which was fun and quite hard.

rob65.jpg

Then we saw Frozen 2 in the Buena Vista Theater. Rob and Kira had seen it while I was on an NCL cruise with my friend Jen back in November but this was my first time seeing it.

I really enjoyed it, I loved the story but I didn't care for the music, except for one song. For a sequel though, I thought it was great and I made sure we stayed until the very end because Rob and Kira hadn't and they missed the little clip at the end.

515.jpg

As soon as it was done, I ran out to deck 4 and was thrilled to see that we were just pulling away from the pier. One of my favourite things to do on a cruise is watch the sail away. :boat:

The fact that it was raining made it 1000 times better!! :woohoo:

Just look at the color of that water, oh my!!! :worship::worship::worship:

516.jpg

517.jpg

518.jpg

519.jpg

rob66.jpg

We watched as the Pilot left the ship and went back on his boat. Usually the boat says "Pilot" on it and they are dressed in their uniform but I guess in Jamaica, they do things differently :p

520.jpg

521.jpg

As we sailed on, the storm got bigger and the rain really started coming down! We looked over in the distance and saw the HAL ship, it looked like a ghost ship, it was soooo cool!! :cool:

522.jpg

523.jpg

524.jpg

Every once in awhile, it would peek through the cloud and fog but otherwise, it looked like we were trying to catch up to a ship from Pirates of the Caribbean :rotfl2:

This might have been my favourite sail away, ever!! :worship::love::cloud9:

525.jpg

526.jpg

527.jpg

528.jpg

We were in our happy place :lovestruc:lovestruc

rob67.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhhhh, nothing like a good rain storm on a cruise, eh? Jamaica had the best one for us too. Lots of thunder and lightning. It was absolutely glorious!!! :love::love:

I laughed at our neighbours delivery...wow, they even deliver on the ship! :rolleyes1:lmao:

That is hilarious!

It's funny how, on a ship with 2700 people, we always run into or see the same 20-25 people everywhere we go. :p Same thing every cruise!

Exactly. I always see the same people over and over and may know of someone else on the ship and never see or see them once and thats it.

My daughter wasn't much different as she refused to pack any shorts so she had to wear jeans!

I have one like that! She actually said she may wear shorts next summer.

Let me finish off the night with a funny story that Rob probably won't want me telling you.

So funny!

All caught up. Loving all the updates. I need a cruise...but mr. grumpy pants is having a fit about me going anywhere lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!