Cass, Rob & Kira - Universal & 10-night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy 2017

"People Soup"! Whahahahahahaha!!! You are soooo right though!:scared:

Don't you just love when you see all the other nearby ships lingering in the ocean to watch Disney's fireworks? Haha:love:

I have to tell you again, I'm loving all the pictures. Well, except the one's you're sharing with all that raw/red meat. :sad2:

Day 8, Part 1

Today was Aruba day and also it was Canada Day!
canada2.gif

We were celebrating our country's 150th birthday today...in another country! :laughing: That's a first for us!

I woke up to this...

494.jpg

We were almost there :banana:

My family woke up around then....probably because I came back from the verandah into the room and yelled HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! :rolleyes1

495.jpg

Rob and I stayed on the verandah, watching us sail into Aruba and Kira went back to bed and texted Claire :rolleyes2

496.jpg

The island was very flat, which is a stark contrast to what we're used to seeing as well as the rest of the ports on this cruise.

497.jpg

498.jpg

It was very exciting to be sailing into a port for the very first time.

We didn't have anything planned for Aruba. I knew it would be stinking hot and that we would be somewhat limited in what we did, for all the ports really not only because of my illness but also because Kira doesn't do well in the heat and is not very adventurous.

I am totally okay with this and gladly so is my family. We are all happy as clams just to explore a port for a couple hours and then get back to the ship. We all cruise for the ship and not for the ports, which I know is probably the exact opposite of most people but it works for us and each to their own and all that jazz ::yes:: :P

The best thing about not having any set plans is that we can just go with the flow, which sums me up in a nutshell :D

While everyone else was rushing around trying to get to their excursions we had a nice leisurely breakfast ::yes::

499.jpg

500.jpg

My daily fix :cool:

501.jpg

Back to the room to get ready. We always turned on the TV in the morning and watched the morning report from the cruise director and the assistant cruise director.

We all really loved this, it was entertaining, funny, informative and a great start to every day.

This morning the cruise director told us that there were 82 Canadians on the ship and 44 of that 82 were Cast Members working. He said that the youngest Canadian on board was his daughter, Gia at 7 months old and he went and grabbed her from her stroller to show her off :rotfl2:

We ran into them all later in the cruise and we chatted with them for a bit. Turns out his wife is from Montreal, where they live together and that she was born in the same area of Montreal as I was! Small world, ya know :scratchin :rotfl2:

502.jpg

Rob set our Canadian flag up on the balcony by zip tying it to the two chairs :thumbsup2

487.jpg

We slathered on the sun block and off we went!

503.jpg

Here's Kira pointing to our flag, which is just slightly above her fingers. It was so bright out, I could barely see my screen so I was kind of guessing that her finger was in the right place when I took this :laughing:

504.jpg

A little closer...

493.jpg

My only goal was to walk down to the I :love: Aruba sign for a pic. I also knew that the mall that is attached to the Renaissance Hotel had free wifi and anything beyond that was just a bonus. :rolleyes:

It was hot. I mean HOT!!!! :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Thankfully though there was a breeze which helped tremendously! That's how I feel about Hawaii, super hot but it's very bearable due to the constant winds.

Without that breeze though, I don't know long I would have lasted. :scared:

505.jpg

Can you see Timon on my shirt?? Go on, look hard...he's on there :magnify: :rotfl2:

488.jpg

506.jpg

507.jpg

489.jpg

490.jpg

508.jpg

I always take pics of license plates and Kira asked me why. I dunno, just because it's so different from what we always see :goodvibes

509.jpg

Eventually we made it down there and some kind folks took our pic.

511.jpg

Right at this intersection, there is this freaky wind tunnel. Kira almost lost her hat, it was so windy! Kira and I were standing there for a bit, enjoying the amazing breeze :worship:

512.jpg

We walked back to the mall/hotel which is really quite neat!

The Renaissance hotel has a private boat that whisks their guests over to Flamingo Island. If we were staying there I would totally do it but if you're not staying there the passes to go see them are pricey and the flamingos are only on the adult side of the island and there's no shade so for us, it just wasn't a good deal.

Actually, the one thing that I thought of doing in Aruba was Philip's Animal Garden where they rescue tons of animals from the area but it was on the other side of the island and I figured with the heat we wouldn't last long. I was probably right because I was feeling it already and Kira was too :crazy2:

513.jpg

The lobby here was pretty amazing though!

514.jpg

We found some seats in the lobby and connected to the free wifi. We checked emails and I uploaded some pics to FB.

Oh look, another selfie :rolleyes:

518.jpg

At every port we visit, we let Kira pick out a little souvenir. Just something small to bring home to say that she was there.

She picked out a little phone purse at one of the kiosks at the mall.

515.jpg

We said if we found an ice cream place we would get one but we walked around for a bit and couldn't find one. Since we were so close to the ship and we all had enough of the heat, we decided to just head back to the ship and have a free one 8-)

491.jpg

Back we went!

492.jpg

Honestly, I would have preferred to explore more but the sun just sucks the energy out of me. Kira just wanted to hit the pool anyway and well, I wanted to hit the air conditioning :upsidedow

Last edited:
All these wonderful pics to see! I loved so many of the ones from pirate night too. Such a cute one with Kira and the Mickey bar and Kira and your hubby walking... such a nice shot. It's so helpful to see these pics and so much fun. Wow, that crowded buffet on pirate night!!!! And who zoomed in to read every single flavor of ice cream from your previous post? I did! I did! :-)
Thanks again for sharing!

I guess I didn't realize you guys were on deck for the fireworks. Claire skipped them and I went up front to 13 and watched them from there all alone.

I have given up on that buffet too. I think I have done it twice, but it never seems to have much I really like and I am full already anyways. It's always a madhouse too. Like for some reason food that late at night is hard to find or something. LOL.

Gia at 7 months old

I saw her several times on the ship. She was so darn cute. I really liked Mike. He was so friendly.

The Renaissance hotel has a private boat that whisks their guests over to Flamingo Island. If we were staying there I would totally do it but if you're not staying there the passes to go see them are pricey and the flamingos are only on the adult side of the island and there's no shade so for us, it just wasn't a good deal.

I didn't even know this existed. That sounds really cool.

Great update! Dh and I cruise for the ships and not the ports, too. We hardly ever do excursions.

P.S. Dh always takes pics of license plates, too!

Last edited:
I just booked the weekend before my October cruise at the Hard Rock Hotel based on your review! Can't wait to go see all the new Harry Potter stuff! You are also making me wish I didn't have to wait another year for my Fantasy cruise!

Jill in CO

Day 8, Part 2

Back on the ship, we went straight to the ice cream machine, which totally became our little tradition :p

519.jpg

Here's the types of ice cream served this cruise...

516.jpg

Basically, chocolate, vanilla, choc/van swirl and banana or banana/choc swirl.

517.jpg

Back to the room so I could cool off and Kira could change into her swimsuit.

Rob took Kira to the pool and I went and got this:

520.jpg

It was delicious and I watched the rest of The Founder while eating it :cloud9:

Rob and Kira ate at Flo's. Rob asked if they had any Hawaiian pizza but they didn't. They noticed that he was wearing his Canada shirt and they said they would make one just for him since it was Canada Day :D

I think he assumed that they would make a Hawaiian pizza and then give him a slice or two but nope, they gave him the whole pizza! :lmao:

525.jpg

He was very appreciative and ate as much of it as he could :o

They had this special today...

524.jpg

And Rob ended up getting it as well.

527.jpg

526.jpg

With some food and pool time in her, Kira was in a good mood :rotfl2:

523.jpg

And not too much later, I joined them for a bit. I snuck up on them :laughing:

529.jpg

530.jpg

I just had to try the poutine :rolleyes:

Oh Good Lord, that was the most disgusting poutine I have ever had :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

They used some type of red wine based sauce instead of brown gravy and I almost spit it out, it was horrid! I sure hope non-Canadians didn't eat that crud and think it was real Canadian poutine :sad2:

I looked out the starboard side and saw the cutest little divi-divi tree all by itself!

521.jpg

And the most beautiful scenery too :love:

522.jpg

And now, port side...

531.jpg

532.jpg

Back to the room where we all had showers and got into our matching Canadian garb :teeth:

A nice lady offered to take a family pic...

533.jpg

We headed down to play Canadian Trivia.

534.jpg

Hosted by Dino...an Irishman o_O

535.jpg

This made it a little challenging because some of the questions were very vague and when some groups had questions about them, he had no idea because he said he knew nothing about Canada :rolleyes1

The questions were RIDICULOUSLY hard mostly but then they would throw in a really easy one! It was like what are the ingredients of poutine or how many polar bears are in Canada? I don't know who chose these questions but they were not Canadian, that's for sure!

There were about 8 groups playing and everyone felt the same way as us.

Embarrassingly, we only got 14.5 out of 25 but like I said, they were crazy questions and we actually WON!! :eek:

The next highest score was 14, so we won by half a point LOL! The half was because one of the questions was very vague "Who was Winnie the Pooh based on?" and he said he would give half a point each for three different answers....Bear in the Winnipeg Zoo by A.A. Milne.

So, he said one half point for Bear, Winnipeg Zoo by A.A. Milne, which is actually wrong because the bear was Canadian but he was in the London Zoo when Milne visited him and the bear's owner named him Winnie because he once lived in Winnipeg, not Milne.

See what I mean about the questions? :rolleyes1

So, I wrote bear in zoo, A. A. Milne and the people that checked our answers gave us 1.5 points, so that half point won us the game :lmao:

Whatever! We are the big wieners!! :p Hee hee!

536.jpg

After we were done, I went to the bathroom around the corner, the really cool ones just outside of The Tube. I had visited this particular bathroom a few times but this time was when I noticed that the ceilings were mirrored :scared:

I personally don't think mirrors belong in bathroom stalls :rolleyes1

Such a neat bathroom though!

538.jpg

After trivia we went to the WDT to watch Cars 3.

537.jpg

And Rob took a theatre family selfie :p

528.jpg

The movie was awesome, we loved it! It was really neat to see it after I watched that behind the scenes presentation the other day, made me appreciate it even more!

Rob and I then decided to check out the family act in the Tube. We tried to get Kira to join us but she refused and I think she went to play Mid Ship Detective Agency on her own.

541.jpg

The show was seriously high on the cheese factor and we snuck out early. :rolleyes2

Back to the room to find this...

542.jpg

544.jpg

543.jpg

We had a great stateroom host this cruise. We ended up having an abnormal schedule more often than we thought we would but he did such a great job working around our schedule and getting everything done. He was always very friendly and very good with all of our requests. We didn't have many...Kira wanted to keep her bed as a bed and not have it as a couch at all, I asked for ice when he made up our room and the last request came a few days into our cruise when I realized that he would turn the shower head towards the wall whenever he cleaned it and it turned into a gong show episode every time I tried to turn it back. I got water everywhere, sprayed my face, my clothes, it would have been funny to watch but it got old real fast so I eventually asked him to not turn the shower head :p

Last edited:
I loved your Canada Day shirts. Kira was so cute when she was telling us you all won.
This day was so much fun. Well every day was. I love seeing the beautiful scenery and water....though I thought the port area itself was not the greatest...at least you didn't have to walk too far to get to stuff.

Wow, I feel like you are in my head. On our last Fantasy cruise in May the food was awful, ship felt crowded (I will never go to the buffet on embarkation day again), and everything felt closed all the time. The aquaduck, the ice cream, the pools, the kids club, the quick serve on deck, the buffet. Drove us crazy. We had fun, but I do not know for the life of me why Disney got rid of the pretzels on deck and closes the pools earlier now. Those things just do not cost much at all.

Yup, that's pretty much how I felt about this sailing :scared:

Right! The pretzels!! I will be talking about that soon but yes I was so disappointed that they didn't have them! We only got them once on the Wonder last cruise and they were so freaking delicious I was kicking myself that I hadn't gotten more. So when I booked this cruise, I thought ohhh, we can have pretzels by the pool every night!

Yeah, not so much :sad1:

I have never gone into Pirate buffet because we take the late dinner seating and we are still full from dinner, but that picture and your description makes me happy with our decision.

And that picture was from about 35 minutes after they opened and the crowds were way worse than that when it first opened! CHAOS!!! :sad2:

Yup, stay away :p

Oh it was such a happy day to find this trip report! I have been reading your trip reports prior to Kira's arrival into this world! I love all your details, but most of all I love how you tell it like it is! And I also love all your wonderful pictures! So thank you for that! You and Rob have not changed a bit (only for the better) in all these years. And I love seeing how much Kira has grown. She is such an adorable young lady!

We cruised the Fantasy on the 15th of July for the 3rd time. We love the Fantasy and Disney cruises as well. We had Danijel and Veri for our servers...best servers ever! But like you, I really had to listen to Veri to understand what she was saying. The girls (my daughter (13) and niece (15) ) understood her perfectly every time though.

We also were in the parks for a couple of days and it was HOT! I love the heat (coming from North Dakota heat is always a welcome thing), but it is excessive at times! We did Universal Studios last year for the first time (staying at Hard Rock Hotel) and I was just so sure I wouldn't like it being such a Disney fan and I didn't want to "cheat" on Disney. Boy was I wrong! I cannot wait to get back there next year! Loved everything about it! Except the pools closing so early like you mentioned! What is up with that!?!

Looking forward to reading more of your trip report!

Thanks for the kind post :hug:

Glad you had great servers on the Fantasy, they can make all the difference :thumbsup2

I'm glad you enjoyed your Universal time, it's still very underrated, in my opinion :goodvibes

I was at the Poly last February and their pool closed at 8pm!! I was livid!!! That is just ridiculous! :eek:

Yes, I've only seen those chicken sandwiches on CC. Oh so delicious!

Favorite movies are Ratatouille and The Lion King. But Ratatouille is hands down my absolute favorite.
And you just know I haven't seen them all. I do have Wall-E, watched it and didn't really like it much. Lol
Different Strokes....eh? :)

You didn't like Wall-E?????!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

"People Soup"! Whahahahahahaha!!! You are soooo right though!:scared:

Don't you just love when you see all the other nearby ships lingering in the ocean to watch Disney's fireworks? Haha:love:

I have to tell you again, I'm loving all the pictures. Well, except the one's you're sharing with all that raw/red meat. :sad2:

The only time we were even close to any ship was in Tortola, so I don't think anyone was watching our fireworks. Then again, I am too busy enjoying the fireworks to notice anyone else enjoying them :p

All these wonderful pics to see! I loved so many of the ones from pirate night too. Such a cute one with Kira and the Mickey bar and Kira and your hubby walking... such a nice shot. It's so helpful to see these pics and so much fun. Wow, that crowded buffet on pirate night!!!! And who zoomed in to read every single flavor of ice cream from your previous post? I did! I did! :-)
Thanks again for sharing!

LOL! Hopefully you could see them all :magnify:

I guess I didn't realize you guys were on deck for the fireworks. Claire skipped them and I went up front to 13 and watched them from there all alone.

I have given up on that buffet too. I think I have done it twice, but it never seems to have much I really like and I am full already anyways. It's always a madhouse too. Like for some reason food that late at night is hard to find or something. LOL.

I saw her several times on the ship. She was so darn cute. I really liked Mike. He was so friendly.

I didn't even know this existed. That sounds really cool.

Claire skipped fireworks?? :eek: We love fireworks. I watched them from deck 4 on the Magic last year, so peaceful and quiet, it was awesome :cool1:

Yeah, that was my last time going to that buffet :scared1:

I liked him on the TV and during the presentations but he seemed very different when we talked to him privately but yeah, he was good in public. :groom:

Oh...and here is MY room. LOL

504 by Jenseib, on Flickr

LOL, there's your hole :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Great update! Dh and I cruise for the ships and not the ports, too. We hardly ever do excursions.

P.S. Dh always takes pics of license plates, too!

Two peas in a pod :goodvibes

I just booked the weekend before my October cruise at the Hard Rock Hotel based on your review! Can't wait to go see all the new Harry Potter stuff! You are also making me wish I didn't have to wait another year for my Fantasy cruise!

Jill in CO

HAHAH! Well, I hope you like it :thumbsup2

Oh Good Lord, that was the most disgusting poutine I have ever had :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

I've only eaten poutine once in my life (as you know from my current TR) and it looked nothing like that. Sounds like it tasted nothing like that either. Ick!

I personally don't think mirrors belong in bathroom stalls

I totally agree. I think these bathrooms must be the most photographed though. I know I have pictures of them too!

I was pretty busy the last days planning for our vacation. Checking out FP+, change plans and change them back. :rotfl2:
You did a lot of installments. So I had a really nice read, reading them all at once now with my coffee. :thumbsup2 And I enjoyed the pictures again a lot!

The Hawaiin pizza story is just one of these extra "magic" disney moments, that I love. Rob seems so happy. I hope we have one of these moments in October, too. I admit, I'm now"disney-spoiled" with super high expectations!!:lmao:

I loved the cruise director story. How cute with the baby!

I'm wondering how you spotted and recognized the banana bread. Is it the shape? Can't see anything banana-like.
This picture almost looks like you took it in black and white. Wow!

I also take pictures of license plates, Cass! And the same as you, for really no apparent reason. But the license plate you snapped a pic of appears illegal. Looks like they combined two plates together and maybe even expired. Hmmmmmmm :drive:

What were those little yellow cars at the entrance back to the ship used for? They look like fun!:dogdance:

Last edited:
Love Kira’s Canada headband. Was that a ship purchase or did you bring it from home? Super cute!!:cutie:

You should’ve had Chuck there for the Canadian Trivia. He would’ve had every answer correct. For some reason, he is sooooo lucky with multiple choice questions and GUESSES correctly 99% of the time. Makes me crazy when we watch Caribbean Life on TV and he gets all the answers right…every.single.time!!! LOL Awesome lanyards. I hope you got to keep them.

Your bathroom picture is too funny. A car dealer here has a full length mirror IN THE STALL of the ladies restroom. Ummmmmm, no thanks!! :rolleyes1

I'm so excited you are doing another trip report. I loved your last one. I'm even more excited that it's a report on the Southern Caribbean. We booked and then had to cancel this itinerary this year, so I'm hoping to do it in the future. Although the no family hot tub on the Fantasy bit might be a deal breaker for my family.

Day 8, Part 3

It was now time for dinner at Royal Court. I liked this restaurant best because the table we were seated at was half a booth and since I am a booth girl, I was very happy to be sitting in the booth part as opposed to the chairs.:thumbsup2

560.jpg

Notice Kira's headband? Two of the maple leafs have already come off and the rest would fall off before we got home! :mad: I'm not buying anything from Claire's again, it always falls apart :headache:

For Canada Day, they had an international menu.

545.jpg

546.jpg

547.jpg

Kira had some chicken strips, which surprised me because she won't eat them up on deck 11, she claims to not like Disney chicken strips!! :rolleyes:

Who's kid is this?? :p

548.jpg

She was acting very weird this evening. Just about this time during dinner, she kind of broke down. She got very cuddly with me, she didn't talk, even to me. She said she was feeling off but couldn't really say what was wrong. She just leaned against me while I rubbed her head. I asked her if she wanted to go to the club, she shook her head, I asked if she wanted dessert, she just shook her head.

I think she was feeling lonely, she had kind of withdrawn from things (clubs, activities) which just wasn't her really as she loves to do that stuff. I think not having someone to do it with though was getting to her and she was really sad. :sad1:

Later on in the room, she said her neck was hurting so I think that was part of the problem too. I gave her some Advil, which helped and Rob promised her that they could do the Mid ship Detective agency together tomorrow.

549.jpg

I got the Empanadas, which were pretty tasty.
550.jpg

The Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup...

551.jpg

552.jpg

I asked for the potato from another entree...but instead he brought me an extra potato from my entree. Wooops! Oh well.

553.jpg

Here's my entree...

554.jpg

555.jpg

556.jpg

557.jpg

This one was not bad...

558.jpg

Back to the room and after getting Kira some Advil, we tucked her in and I perused the Navigator for Curacao.

559.jpg

We were staying very late in Aruba, 1am I think and it was neat to see a port in the dark as it doesn't happen very often.

562.jpg

563.jpg

564.jpg

Rob was thinking about going to the adult exclusive open house in the Club at 10:30pm.

This was something we had never seen before, having adult exclusive time in the Clubs, so I told him to go check it out for research purposes :rolleyes1

He said it was very crowded and super high on the cheese factor :scared:

565.jpg

He was glad to see that they had celebrated Canada Day in the Club (even if they did get it a little wrong) and was sad that Kira hadn't taken part.

566.jpg

567.jpg

568.jpg

Once he got back, we both hit the hay, another port day tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I loved your Canada Day shirts. Kira was so cute when she was telling us you all won.
This day was so much fun. Well every day was. I love seeing the beautiful scenery and water....though I thought the port area itself was not the greatest...at least you didn't have to walk too far to get to stuff.

HAHA too funny because she was a little grumpy playing it with us. She kept giving us silly answers and then got mad at me when I didn't write them down :lmao:

The ports were all great in that we didn't have to walk too far to see stuff. It helped that I did my research and knew just where I wanted to go :thumbsup2

I was pretty busy the last days planning for our vacation. Checking out FP+, change plans and change them back. :rotfl2:
You did a lot of installments. So I had a really nice read, reading them all at once now with my coffee. :thumbsup2 And I enjoyed the pictures again a lot!

The Hawaiin pizza story is just one of these extra "magic" disney moments, that I love. Rob seems so happy. I hope we have one of these moments in October, too. I admit, I'm now"disney-spoiled" with super high expectations!!:lmao:

I loved the cruise director story. How cute with the baby!

I'm wondering how you spotted and recognized the banana bread. Is it the shape? Can't see anything banana-like.
This picture almost looks like you took it in black and white. Wow!

Fast pass window, very exciting! :cool1:

Rob is easily pleased, just give him lots of food :laughing:

It was the colour of the bread that gave it away although it's hard to see in the photos.

I also take pictures of license plates, Cass! And the same as you, for really no apparent reason. But the license plate you snapped a pic of appears illegal. Looks like they combined two plates together and maybe even expired. Hmmmmmmm :drive:

What were those little yellow cars at the entrance back to the ship used for? They look like fun!:dogdance:

Yes, it looked a little suspicious :scratchin :rotfl2:

They were cars you could rent ;)

Love Kira’s Canada headband. Was that a ship purchase or did you bring it from home? Super cute!!:cutie:

You should’ve had Chuck there for the Canadian Trivia. He would’ve had every answer correct. For some reason, he is sooooo lucky with multiple choice questions and GUESSES correctly 99% of the time. Makes me crazy when we watch Caribbean Life on TV and he gets all the answers right…every.single.time!!! LOL Awesome lanyards. I hope you got to keep them.

Your bathroom picture is too funny. A car dealer here has a full length mirror IN THE STALL of the ladies restroom. Ummmmmm, no thanks!! :rolleyes1

I bought that head band from Claire's for like $12 in Calgary and now it's just a plain red head band :sad2:

I would have LOVED to have Chuck there with us (and maybe you too :teeth:) but the trivia was not multiple choice! You had to answer them on your own! I am pretty sure only a handful of people know how many polar bears there are in Canada and I am not one of them. :P

Yup, the lanyards are hanging in my office as a fun reminder :woohoo:

Full length? UGH! :scared1:

I'm so excited you are doing another trip report. I loved your last one. I'm even more excited that it's a report on the Southern Caribbean. We booked and then had to cancel this itinerary this year, so I'm hoping to do it in the future. Although the no family hot tub on the Fantasy bit might be a deal breaker for my family.

I'm sorry you had to cancel :sad:

Yeah, Kira wasn't pleased about the no hot tub situation but thankfully it was warm enough that she didn't need it. Any winter cruises in our future will not be taken on the Fantasy, that's for sure :scared:

Day 9, Part 1

Welcome to Curaçao! :flower:

We slept in a bit that morning and got some more snuggle time with my hubby :cloud9:

When we woke, we were already docked. :teleport:

569.jpg

570.jpg

571.jpg

572.jpg

573.jpg

We got dressed and went up to Cabanas for breakfast.

574.jpg

575.jpg

576.jpg

I got the exact same thing as every other time so no need for pics :rolleyes2

Back to the room to bathe in sun block and grab our hats.

Who doesn't stop at this sign for a pic? :rolleyes1

577.jpg

Again, we had nothing planned. I knew I wanted to walk over to Queen Wilhelmina Park to get a photo with the giant letters and anything else was just a bonus.

Again, it was super duper hot and not as windy as Aruba although now and again there would be a nice breeze.

610.jpg

To get to Queen Emma Bridge, you need to go through Rif Fort. There are tons of shops in this area as well as places to eat and there were several bathrooms too.

578.jpg

It was quite beautiful here and I think it's my favourite port shopping area of any of the ports we have ever been to.

579.jpg

580.jpg

Once you are completely though and out of the Fort, you can see Queen Emma floating bridge.

It's pretty unique in that when large ships needs to pass, it floats to the side.

611.jpg

Our destination was around the right side of this pic, further back....

582.jpg

583.jpg

We crossed the bridge..

584.jpg

585.jpg

And headed into the downtown area.

586.jpg

Looking back at our ship from the bridge.

587.jpg

We found Queen Wilhelmina Park and got some pics :thumbsup2

588.jpg

Dushi means sweet, something Kira was not being in this pic :laughing:

She refused to stick her head out of the S so that I could actually see her :cool:

589.jpg

There is a little playground here as well as a little water fountain splash area but I don't think the water was working.

590.jpg

Around the park were some government buildings, including the Prosecutor's Office, which I swore I took a photo of but I guess I only got some video.

That's the toughest part of doing both photos and videos, sometimes I mean to take a photo but it was a video I got and my brain just blurs them :scratchin

Old run down cinema.

591.jpg

I love trees, any kind of tree really. My favourite, of course, are palm trees but I love them all and they had some gorgeous ones on this island!

592.jpg

Should we eat at McDonalds??

After watching The Founder in our stateroom, I don't think I ever want to eat there again, I'm too mad :lmao:

593.jpg

At this point my kid was getting G-R-U-M-P-Y! :darth:

Rob and I would have loved to explore some more but I couldn't take her crabbiness any longer! :(

So we started to head back. I wanted to see the floating markets first though so we walked down there and then back.

594.jpg

595.jpg

597.jpg

598.jpg

Back over Queen Emma Bridge..

600.jpg

601.jpg

602.jpg

603.jpg

And back to the fort.

604.jpg

Have to stop here because of image limits :)

Curaçao looks like a really cool port. I love all of the colorful buildings. Your pictures are great!

My kids will really enjoy the ice cream machines on the ship. I will too.

Wow, very cool that Canada Day was acknowledged on the ship - love your shirts! That poutine however....I have NEVER seen it made with such huge fries :crazy2:

Adult night at the kids clubs, that's hilarious :rotfl:

Curacao looks like a really cool and colourful port!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!