Cast members discount white card check?

silva87

Earning My Ears
Has anyone experienced cast members denying discounts for resale DVC (white card) holders? I wanted to know if still possibility of getting some discounts As resale buyer or if they are strict?

They are pretty strict and I doubt you will get a CM to give you the discount with the white card.

The white card entitles you to:
  • Pool hopping, such as it is
  • Access to TotW Lounge, except when it is closed for paid events
  • DVD rentals

They are pretty strict and I doubt you will get a CM to give you the discount with the white card.
I have read that some people have taken pics of their online card and shown CMs and still received discounts. Guess it’s luck of draw.....

I have read that some people have taken pics of their online card and shown CMs and still received discounts. Guess it’s luck of draw.....
Are you sure that they were referring to a white membership card? Blue card members can also screenshot their online cards to show for discounts. It beats having to carry the physical card around.

Are you sure that they were referring to a white membership card? Blue card members can also screenshot their online cards to show for discounts. It beats having to carry the physical card around.
That’s what I have read that most CMs don’t really care to question what kind of member you are and just give the discount.

Attachments

• DF63F59A-C08E-4F81-8C08-5B7F022D0463.jpeg
    DF63F59A-C08E-4F81-8C08-5B7F022D0463.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 43
I have the credit card but don’t see much value in it for discounts

Edited to remove quote of deleted post - Chuck S

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s what I have read that most CMs don’t really care to question what kind of member you are and just give the discount.

I’m not sure that is accurate. There have even been reports that some CMs gave a blue card member a hard time with the digital version. So, I would be very surprised to find CMs breaking the rule.

There is an incredible level of variability in giving discounts to DVC members in my experience. I've had CM's give me discounts (mostly in restaurants, but occasionally in stores) simply because I was staying at a DVC resort. At the other extreme, I had a CM give me the third degree because I didn't have a blue plastic card, only a screen shot. In the last few years, most stores have gotten strict about asking to see the screen shot or the card, but the restaurants are more lax and relying on a scan of my magic band only.

BIL received a DVC member discount using an old member card with my husbands name and his DL. We were stunned.

If you need the discount, just add on direct and you good to go. Did you knot know about this when you did resale?

Yes, there is a chance an inexperienced CM might mistakenly give a discount with no Blue Card. If so, the CM would likely be reprimanded & trained further - why even ask for something you clearly know you're not entitled to, when there is a real possibility it could adversely affect someone else? :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter