Castaway Cay excursion feedback!

skwak

Can't wait to work for Mickey someday!!
Has anyone done the Castaway Cay "Walking and Kayak Nature Adventure" port adventure? Is it fun?

Looking for something new to try this cruise.

Haven't done that one, but sounds fun. Our favorite is riding the bikes around, first time we did a package that had bikes included. So last time we just enjoyed some beach time and water slides, then just rented the bikes from rentals and did our own bike tour. Then rented pedal boat and kayaks and just cruised the lagoon.

We did this excursion last month and it was perfect for us. We had our 2 adult children (20yo & 24yo) with us and they loved it as well. You walk about a mile or so with a tour guide who stops and shows you different things native to the island such as plants, trees and such. You end up at a private beach and you kayak into the native mangroves and thru a waterway and back. My DD and I had never kayaked before and we got the hang of it quickly, even tho it was extremely windy. Would totally do it again!
It does take up several hrs out of your day. Ours started at about 1pm and ended at 4:30ish. So by the time my family did the 5k in the morning. Then snorkeled for awhile it was time for lunch, excursion and back to the boat. If you want some quality time on the island to swim and lounge then this will take up a lot of that time.
But now that we have done it, our next trip we will spend just enjoying the island and all that it has to offer.

This is my favorite excursion at CC. The previous poster covered what happens on the excursion. Our nature walk guide was very funny as he would make fun or try to scare bicyclist along the path. I am a solo cruiser so I had my own kayak and the mangroves and waterway was very fun and guide pointed out all sorts of native animals and sea life (mostly jellyfish). It was fun watching some couples fight while they tried to get into the routine of how to get in sequence as they paddled. I highly recommend this excursion.

We are looking at this one but aren't sure about the kayak size. Would we all fit in 1 kayak? There are three of us, me DH and DD9.

My wife and I did it a few years ago and we thought it was fun. However, it was windy that day in November and there was a young couple in the group. Clearly they had never gone kayaking or canoeing as a couple. It takes team work especially when the conditions are rough. They were not getting along by the end of the excursion. It can test a relationship. My wife and I had gone canoeing before and I know to listen to her directions as she is much more experienced. However, if you remind yourself you are there to have fun it is better.

BTW the water depth was around 5-6 ft at most when we went so you really aren't in much danger so if things go wrong it really isn't a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!