Castle Collection- Frozen?

Just read on shopDisney:

The Imperial Palace from Disney's Mulan

The Disney Castle Collection continues soon with Series 3 inspired by Mulan. This high-end figurine and other Imperial Palace products will be available 9/4 starting at 7AM PT.

...Did they actually listen??? It sounds like they're releasing this one without MerchPass! :yay:

Just read on shopDisney:

The Imperial Palace from Disney's Mulan

The Disney Castle Collection continues soon with Series 3 inspired by Mulan. This high-end figurine and other Imperial Palace products will be available 9/4 starting at 7AM PT.

...Did they actually listen??? It sounds like they're releasing this one without MerchPass! :yay:
I'm not sure that's better. That just means website crashes and bots snatching them up before they even go live. They need a better overall solution.

I'm not sure that's better. That just means website crashes and bots snatching them up before they even go live. They need a better overall solution.
I agree that they need a better solution, but at least without MerchPass everyone has the opportunity to attempt to buy the product. You can set an alarm and be ready at the computer. You can have multiple devices ready if needed. With MerchPass, if you’re not chosen you’re completely out of luck.

I agree that they need a better solution, but at least without MerchPass everyone has the opportunity to attempt to buy the product. You can set an alarm and be ready at the computer. You can have multiple devices ready if needed. With MerchPass, if you’re not chosen you’re completely out of luck.
I agree and am excited

Site was a mess again this morning. Lots of errors trying to check out via web and mobile app. Finally got it working on an incognito window and was able to get the Mulan castle pin.

I got the Mulan castle pin at 10:03. The checkout process gave me a little trouble - I received an error message 3 or 4 times after pressing checkout. It eventually brought me back to the "My Bag" page, so I tried again and it worked. Received my confirmation email so I know I'm in. So much better than MerchPass! I hope they continue this way for the rest of the series. Good luck to anyone trying!

Edit to add: I signed in before 10:00 and just kept going back to the homepage until it was available. I only used a regular browser window.

I really only wanted the pin, so I purchased that quickly. I just went back on the homepage to see what the other items looked like and found this message. I closed the page so my browser doesn't take up space. Good luck everyone!

Welcome to our Virtual Waiting Room!
Please don’t refresh or click back.
In an effort to make our Guests’ experiences a positive one, shopDisney.com has created an online waiting room.
When it’s your turn, the page will automatically load, and then you’ll have 10 minutes to shop and add items to your bag.

You may see this waiting room again if you try to access the page later.

Thanks very much for your patience, and have a magical day.

I really only wanted the pin, so I purchased that quickly. I just went back on the homepage to see what the other items looked like and found this message. I closed the page so my browser doesn't take up space. Good luck everyone!

Welcome to our Virtual Waiting Room!
Please don’t refresh or click back.
In an effort to make our Guests’ experiences a positive one, shopDisney.com has created an online waiting room.
When it’s your turn, the page will automatically load, and then you’ll have 10 minutes to shop and add items to your bag.

You may see this waiting room again if you try to access the page later.

Thanks very much for your patience, and have a magical day.
I got that very briefly when I switched to the incognito window. It was just a couple seconds at that time. The problem with releases like these for Disney is that if I could have gotten the ornament for each release I would continue to do so. But I wasn't able to for the first release so now I don't bother trying for the subsequent sets. I don't want an "incomplete" set and I won't pay ebay prices. So now i just get the pin and get out. :).

I got that very briefly when I switched to the incognito window. It was just a couple seconds at that time. The problem with releases like these for Disney is that if I could have gotten the ornament for each release I would continue to do so. But I wasn't able to for the first release so now I don't bother trying for the subsequent sets. I don't want an "incomplete" set and I won't pay ebay prices. So now i just get the pin and get out. :).
My thoughts exactly! I saw and purchased the Cincerella castle pin and display case at random. I had no idea it would be work to complete the set. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn’t have done it. So I have the same strategy, get the pin and get out! :rotfl:I hope they continue without the MerchPass for the remaining sets. Although the error messages are frustrating, at least we have the ability to try!

I originally had plans to collect the pin set and got the first castle pin. Then the MerchPass fiasco happened and I wasn’t able to get the 2nd pin, so I’m not even bothering with the rest now 😒

I originally had plans to collect the pin set and got the first castle pin. Then the MerchPass fiasco happened and I wasn’t able to get the 2nd pin, so I’m not even bothering with the rest now 😒
I was able to get the pin without any issues
I just looked again and the pins are still available. I started thinking about the fact that there are people that probably gave up on the collection, and then I came here and read @Keetchino’s post. I’m sure a lot of people are in the same situation! Poor planning on Disney’s part in my opinion. I know the resellers are an issue, but the new system really wasn’t better, and the items still ended up on eBay.

(For the record, I looked back and without even realizing it I purchased the first pin over 24 hours after it was released. In my opinion, I don’t think MerchPass was even necessary for this collection.)

Was the Mulan release even advertised? The only reason I knew about it is because I have a Shopdisney problem and saw that it was releasing on the 4th so I set an alarm. Looks like everything except the ornament is still available, which is weird.

Well, judging from the fact that the entire Mulan castle collection is *still* available on ShopDisney, I'd say they seriously shot themselves in the foot in regards to their decision to use MerchPass for the Frozen castle collection and caused a lot of people to give up.

I'm curious to see how Snow White does. Although I find it very annoying there's no timeline for releases (or at least none I can find)

Was stuck in waiting room hell for awhile--I think they must have had problems this morning. You'd get in, click, and it'd send you right back to the waiting room. Then when I had everything in my cart tried to sign in...and it booted me again. Finally was able to do it by NOT logging in and just checking out as a guest. But got all 4 of the things I wanted so yay!

Well I’m back in the game for this collection, found the Frozen and Mulan pins for close to retail. Just got the Snow White pin now too.

Was stuck in waiting room hell for awhile--I think they must have had problems this morning. You'd get in, click, and it'd send you right back to the waiting room. Then when I had everything in my cart tried to sign in...and it booted me again. Finally was able to do it by NOT logging in and just checking out as a guest. But got all 4 of the things I wanted so yay!
I got stuck in the waiting room for along time too. Finally got the pin I was after so it worked out fine.

This Snow White castle was the one I was least looking forward to but I have to say it has the best production values. On all the rest they're really sloppy--Cinderella's castle has paint everywhere and mine has a slip of paper inside the plastic window, the Frozen castle has crooked windows and frames everywhere, and the Mulan one came with one of the plastic windows pushed halfway in in such a way that I can't get it (and don't know if I could fix it even if I did). But this one is...well, perfect! Well done paint job, really detailed, pretty nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts