Castle lighting?

Antonia

DIS Veteran
We'll be there the day after Christmas. Is there a special lighting of the castle since it's the holiday season?

That's what I want to know - castle lighting in the Christmas season......

OP, in case helpful:

A Frozen Holiday Wish
Behold an enchanting performance to melt a frozen heart. Royal sisters Anna and Elsa lead a celebration on the Castle Forecourt Stage nightly Nov. 9-Dec. 31. Featuring special appearances by rugged mountain man Kristoff and lovable snowman Olaf, this merry-and-bright seasonal show culminates in Queen Elsa using her incredible powers to present a gift to everyone in the kingdom – transforming Cinderella Castle into a glimmering, shimmering ice palace for the holidays.

Check the Times Guide when you are there for showtimes. Here's a link to the this weeks FWIW: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

I'm not sure if this is one of those things they do twice nightly during that busy week, I'm sure someone will know and correct me.

Last edited:

Great info. from GADisneyDad14. Definitely worth seeing if you can plan to be in front of the castle at the time - very magical to see it light up! Enjoy!

We made sure we saw it 2 years ago (in the week leading up to Christmas) and it was really really fun to watch. It was EXTREMELY crowded, like shoudler-to-shoulder with people which we expected. They do a little show on the stage (that we couldn't see because of where we managed to find a spot....to the right side of the hub facing the castle) and it culminates in Elsa "freezing" the castle and they turn the lights on. My understanding is that the lights then stay on for the rest of the evening, but they repeat the show portion a 2nd time on busy nights. That might be incorrect, but that was my understanding.

My DH and I saw this a couple of years ago and loved it. We are planning a Thanksgiving trip with our family for 2019. I know things can change between now and then, but can anyone tell me if a Frozen Holiday Wish took place on Thanksgiving Day this past year. I know the Christmas party does not take place during Thanksgiving week, but I'm wondering what other holiday happenings will possibly be occurring. (Planning on the Candlelight Processional the night after Thanksgiving.)

My DH and I saw this a couple of years ago and loved it. We are planning a Thanksgiving trip with our family for 2019. I know things can change between now and then, but can anyone tell me if a Frozen Holiday Wish took place on Thanksgiving Day this past year. I know the Christmas party does not take place during Thanksgiving week, but I'm wondering what other holiday happenings will possibly be occurring. (Planning on the Candlelight Processional the night after Thanksgiving.)

Frozen Holiday Wish takes place every night during the holiday season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter