Cataract Surgery - any experience?

marlasmom

DIS Veteran
Rejected for my driver's license (but I'm going to get one anyway because the doctor says I can see well enough out of the other eye) (so you may want to watch for me driving around WDW) but I am totally blind in one eye and need cataract surgery. Anyone have any experience? Any pitfalls? Does it restore eyesight? Thanks very much.

My father has had both eyes done. he still wears glasses but it did improve his eyesight before he had the surgery. :D

My 89 YO MIL has had both done. The second one gave her a little trouble with the recovery process, but she did great and has great eyesight again.

The preop time takes longer than the actual procedure. Our patients usually leave within 45 minutes after surgery. A lot of people don't even need their glasses after surgery. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter