Category 9 stateroom suggestions please

nisiemouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Ok. Now dh has to have a porthole for our cruise. Can anyone give me recommendations for a Category 9 room. Thanks. This should be my last location question.:rolleyes: I hope to book today. Thanks.

I love the second deck category nine rooms. Huge porthole and great view. I do not have much to compare with since it is the only deck I have stayed on, but I liked it enough to request the same one again.

Hope that helps.

I was going with another DIS'ers recommendation about their favorite cat 9 deck 2 cabins. I was able to get one of their favorites cabin #2118 for our cruise next August. It is close to the aft elevators on the port side of the ship.:boat:

I agree with Verandah man....2118 is an excellent choice...as is 2120, 2620, 2618, 2114....aft staterooms put you near least used elevator, all the rotation restaurants, as well as other venues used often on the cruise. ...Also, some say that aft staterooms on lower decks offer less motion...

Before we upgraded ourselves to a Cat 6, I had chosen cabin #2026 on Deck 2, which is a Cat 9 cabin. I know it's a bit forward but it's right near the forward elevators and wasn't on the "noisy" cabins list. This summer my DH and I sailed aboard Royal Caribbean's Nordic Empress in an inside cabin and it was forward and we enjoyed this location. We sailed the Atlantic ocean so we could feel the movement of the ship a bit, especially one night on the return trip, but we enjoyed it. :goodvibes

Let us know which cabin you end up with, I hope you get a good one!

Originally posted by alexandrew
I agree with Verandah man....2118 is an excellent choice...as is 2120, 2620, 2618, 2114....aft staterooms put you near least used elevator, all the rotation restaurants, as well as other venues used often on the cruise. ...Also, some say that aft staterooms on lower decks offer less motion...

It was your recommendation that I went with alexandrew to get this cabin, we first tried for 2120 but that was booked, 2118 was our second choice and we were able to book it. Thanks for the recommendation!!!

:boat:

We too have always booked a cat 9 and have always been very happy with our room (still waiting on that MAGICal upgrade)......they were near mid-ship on the starboard side (in the high 2500, low 2600 #'s) ..... the rooms were very convenient for us....1 deck below where you board, close to the Walt Disney Theatre, close to the shops, and close to the restaurants....Andy

Originally posted by xABearx
We too have always booked a cat 9 and have always been very happy with our room (still waiting on that MAGICal upgrade)......they were near mid-ship on the starboard side (in the high 2500, low 2600 #'s) ..... the rooms were very convenient for us....1 deck below where you board, close to the Walt Disney Theatre, close to the shops, and close to the restaurants....Andy

And close to the Internet Cafe!!!!!!!!! Right Andy???????:tongue:

I couldn't help but notice your countdown clock.....are you cruising on the nov. 6 cruise......we will be there too.

Originally posted by Verandah Man
And close to the Internet Cafe!!!!!!!!! Right Andy???????:tongue:
You got that right Andy man.....can't live without that internet !!

Originally posted by minnieluvzmickey
I couldn't help but notice your countdown clock.....are you cruising on the nov. 6 cruise......we will be there too.

Yes, I will be on that one. My daughter and I are cruising to celebrate her birthday.::MinnieMo

Well if u r going to Go Cat 9 I Suggest that u GO CAT 10
on Deck 5 and get yourself a secret port hole room

u can find out more about them at WWW.castawayclub.com look under stateroom section ....

Personally I would not like being on deck 2 as a matter of fact
we r going to upgrade at the port..... for our cruise next week

That's if you can get a SPH cabin. We tried when we rebooked on our cruise this past August for a SPH cabin for next August, and they were all sold out. They need to be booked well in advance is what we were told. I thought a year out would have been far enough in advance, I was wrong, at least for our cruise anyhow.:(

I have sailed 3 times on the Magic and I have always taken a Cat. 9 on Deck 2. Rooms 2084/2086. They are only good for 3 people though. I love those rooms and being right near the Deck 3 atrium.

DARWIN

we have 2084

for our cruise next week, first of all it has made it on 2 lists for being in the noisey section of the ship ?????

Second we seem to be dreading this location .....

we have stayyed on decks 5,7,8

Hi Hygiene99 - we met on the Western May 03 cruise up on Deck 4 the final evening. I was with my DH and DD(was asleep on blue lounger).

I made an error - I actually stayed in 2086 and 2088 3 times. My friends stayed in 2084. They had no problems nor did I. They re-booked with us and are staying in room across from 2084 as they do not want a window (he gets seasick when he looks out).

I love the location of these rooms - they are extremely convenient at night when we are running late for dinner and when I am exhausted from a night out - it is a hop skip and jump. I never hear any noise and sleep like a baby.

I
remember thanks for info...
We r still going to upgrade at Port if possible we would just once love to try CAT 3 if it is avaliable, if not we need a verandah at least .... Jen is not very happy with this stateroom
location , was just trying to save a couple of bucks
was laid off for 6 months and started to worry about money..
so we downgraded from Cat 7 to cat 9
so back up we go..... She has worked a couple of extra
Shifts at the Dental office , not for the normal Doctor She works for for the Old Doctor She worked for and well he has been paying Her more money than the doctor she works for full time and oh yea CASH lol peter so every dollar she has saved ....
told her i would MATCH lol

I hear you Hygiene - DH out of work for a few months-trying to recover now. Hopefully by August 2004 I will be back on track. I get concerned I might have to cancel that one. DH always wants to get a veranda - I just feel the amount of time I spend in the room - I would rather put those extra bucks towards my spending $$$. One day I'll get the Walt Suite - LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter