CCV projected to increase from $188 to $210 on 6/1/19

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
The cost per Vacation Point at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge is projected to increase from $188 to $210 on June 1, 2019, or before. I cannot help but wonder if this will push VGC, VGF, and PVB closer to $300 per point.

The cost per Vacation Point at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge is projected to increase from $188 to $210 on June 1, 2019, or before. I cannot help but wonder if this will push VGC, VGF, and PVB closer to $300 per point.

Lol. When I first got into dvc they advertise it could save you up to 70 percent off. This was in 2000. I know they downgraded it. What are they advertising now? Last I seen think it was 50 they might have to lower it if it’s still 50.

Not coincidentally that's when CCV should sell through an they'll be pushing Riviera. That's the thing about the jump.

Any clue why? Does this drive up riviera?

With riviera’s limited resale potential is there a chance they’ll be conservative on point price?

I do not believe it will push VGF, VGC, Poly, or any other resort to the $300 point. That being said, I feel certain in the next 5 years, that particular pp amount will become the new normal for newer resorts.

Any clue why? Does this drive up riviera?

With riviera’s limited resale potential is there a chance they’ll be conservative on point price?
I believe the way the email is phrased that stated this increase is it’s the sold out price of the resort. Recent resorts have seen their prices drastically increase once it sold out. This pretty much puts it inline with the other MK resorts (less BRV). It says to add on at the 188 before the resort sells out. So that was my basis for this assumption. Plus June 1 is projected for when CCV is expected to be sold out.

I think since this is likely a sold out price extrapolating this to Riviera is difficult. Especially since BWV is selling at 190 and BCV selling at 225 they are setting themselves up for failure with some potential buyers if they set it above 200. I’m guessing 190-195 for a price before incentives.

Yes, it's the "sold out" price. Other resorts are unlikely to be impacted.

What could you save at that price, like 15%, unless they start raising the cash price of these rooms a good bit. Hilarious.

What could you save at that price, like 15%, unless they start raising the cash price of these rooms a good bit. Hilarious.
That is the objective of the sold-out price. Disney doesn't want to be actively selling it but actively selling the current build, in this case Riviera. Same as Beach Club Villas at 225 right now is crazy mostly because they didn't want it to be standing at it's old price against Riviera.

WOW!!!!
Anyone know what BRV is now $pp.
Is it even available for current owners?
Thanks
Kerri

Why would increasing CCV to $210/pt. Effect pricing at VGF, VGC, Poly?
I think the idea that poster might have been getting at is that it prices CCV closer to those resorts (perhaps they didn't realize this was the sold out price or they feel those resorts are worth much more than CCV). Though I don't think it will effect it much this price movement isn't because DVC valuing all resorts to a higher degree. However, this is to push CCV higher than Riviera (since this is the price CCV will be at once it is fully sold out and I suspect Riviera closer to 190). It's really meant to be a deterrent from people wanting to buy CCV over Riviera once CCV is sold out and Riviera is live.

Same as why PVB was pushed up to 220 after it sold out.

Glad we bought in in September 2017 at CCV for $165/point with incentives. I still think Rivera will start out at $199/point with incentives. We shall see...
Stay tuned!!

How does a direct buyer make the math work at these prices? I assume they don't and go with the "magic pixie dust" but maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

How does a direct buyer make the math work at these prices? I assume they don't and go with the "magic pixie dust" but maybe someone can convince me otherwise.
def "magic pixie dust."

The explanations I have seen range from a misunderstanding of how RTU dates work ("When you buy from Disney you get a full 50 years!"), beliefs that it gives you more rights at 11 months beyond basic home resort (yeah, the logic involved was weird), I've seen a few concerned about booking to Riviera and Reflections (would not recommend buying super-expensive direct points for future network access, aka VGF/Poly/CCV or, really, BWV/BCV when you consider end dates), and I have definitely seen people overvaluing their use for cruises.

Have to wait and see what the incentives are. When I bought CCV my incentives took me to resale prices while keeping all the perks, no brainer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter