CCV Purchase

Jerry5788

Mouseketeer
where is the best place to buy/shop as it seems difficult to find inventory

Thanks!

There's a few I've seen - just need to check the various sites. As mentioned there aren't a lot yet as it has been open less than a year.

Depending on how many points you're looking for, buying CCV direct with incentives was comparable to the resale prices I've seen so far. Plus buying direct you can choose your UY, split your purchase into multiple contracts if you wish, get all current points, and access the points pretty much immediately (plus get access to direct benefits if buying at least 75 points).

The resale contracts I've seen for CCV are almost all over-priced and stripped. The cost difference between direct and resale is not significant yet. If you want CCV home resort, buy direct, or wait 5-8 years for resale to become worthwhile.

I see three on one site, but all three are under contract.

Last edited:
We're considering CCV, and I ran the numbers with incentives - depending on how many points you buy, the incentive can bring down the price to effectively $165/pp. The few resale contracts I've seen have been $150-155/pp and stripped. I think I'd go direct for that.

Thanks I will look into that then. Just hard to justify twice the price vs. BRV on resale

Thanks I will look into that then. Just hard to justify twice the price vs. BRV on resale

I think you need to do more research then. If you look at cost per point per year, they are actually not far apart. BRV expires in 2042.

I think you need to do more research then. If you look at cost per point per year, they are actually not far apart. BRV expires in 2042.

Yeah that is a good way to look at it I guess. Is there any other forum or site I can look at to better understand historical trends of where direct sales vs. resales were priced over time.

Yeah that is a good way to look at it I guess. Is there any other forum or site I can look at to better understand historical trends of where direct sales vs. resales were priced over time.
I think historical data is completely useless. They cost what they cost today,. OKW originally sold for under $50pp.

No one has a real sense of where prices will go for 2042 WDW resorts in the last 10 years of contract.

I have owned BRV for 15 years, and the time has flown by. I think the end date should be considered. Also there are GVs in Copper Creek and you are actually staying in the Wilderness Lodge, that means something to me. The Cabins may not come into play, I have booked two stays in one without the home booking advantage.

If you figure about $105pp for a BRV resale, and $165 (with incentives) for CCV, the base for cost per point per year is $4.38pp for BRV, and $3.30 per point for CCV. Even if you assume small contract for CCV, at $182pp, that's still only $3.64pp for base cost, and for a small resale contract I'd figure to pay closer to $110-115 for BRV depending on how small.

The dues, right now, have a decent little gap (about 30 cents per point) but it's hard to tell if BRV will catch up in a few years or not.

Also, depending where you are in your life, younger buyer or older buyer, CCV with double the contract life could be a lot more attractive for an extra $6000 today for 100 points.

I've been monitoring the resale contracts for CCV since the first one showed up and so far, other than one contract that was taken a couple months ago, most them have been stripped and asking too much per point. If you are 100% sold on CCV vs. other resorts, I recommend buying direct. I'm currently saving up for a 175 point contract and hope to buy this year. However, if you don't mind a stripped CCV contract and you can find a buyer willing to sell for less than $130/point, then maybe buying resale would be the way to go.

I forgot to mention another "bonus" of buying CCV direct - we put the entire purchase on our credit card (paid off fully so no interest) which meant lots of points since Chase coded it as "travel" and we have a travel card. We could then use those points towards our flights for a future trip. When buying resale, for the most part we had to pay using cashier's checks which meant no bonus points.

I forgot to mention another "bonus" of buying CCV direct - we put the entire purchase on our credit card (paid off fully so no interest) which meant lots of points since Chase coded it as "travel" and we have a travel card. We could then use those points towards our flights for a future trip. When buying resale, for the most part we had to pay using cashier's checks which meant no bonus points.

Buy with Chase Disney and no interest for 6 months.

:earsboy: Bill

Buy with Chase Disney and no interest for 6 months.

:earsboy: Bill

I had read about that. Is there a limit for how much you can charge with no interest for 6 months?

Personal preference, I looked into the Disney credit card and decided it wasn't worth it for us to get compared to our other cards considering card benefits/rewards and the fact that we prefer to consolidate our rewards into as few programs as possible.

I've been monitoring the resale contracts for CCV since the first one showed up and so far, other than one contract that was taken a couple months ago, most them have been stripped and asking too much per point. If you are 100% sold on CCV vs. other resorts, I recommend buying direct. I'm currently saving up for a 175 point contract and hope to buy this year. However, if you don't mind a stripped CCV contract and you can find a buyer willing to sell for less than $130/point, then maybe buying resale would be the way to go.

Disney took back a CCV contract in ROFR? Do you know what the details were (price, points left, etc.). I always bought they didn’t really buy back points from resorts they were actively selling, but I guess if the price is super low!

I had read about that. Is there a limit for how much you can charge with no interest for 6 months?

Personal preference, I looked into the Disney credit card and decided it wasn't worth it for us to get compared to our other cards considering card benefits/rewards and the fact that we prefer to consolidate our rewards into as few programs as possible.

I'm pretty sure it's just up to your credit limit for the Disney card.

But yes, there are a couple better cards, like the American Express Everyday (0%/15mo + sign up bonus) and the American Express Blue for Business Plus (0%/15mo + 2x membership rewards points). Little more danger pushing it out 15 months if you can't pay it off responsibly but it is a good option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!