CCV studio availability 11-8 months out

igrsod

DIS Veteran
Debating about buying a resale contract at CCV... wondering how difficult it is to get a studio 11-8 months out due to the cabins at this resort. I would only want this contract to actually stay here and it's a small contract of 50 points so not useful for 1 bedroom.
If I were to use these points to sleep around, I would be better buying at SSR or AKL sooooo, wanted to know what to expect as far as studio availability here and whether it makes sense to purchase.

The reservation patterns for CCV are still developing but indications are that studios are trending toward being difficult to get, even at 11 months out for some times of the year. During the DVC high demand season which runs from late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, there were a number of days for 2019 time that disappeared right at 11 months out, and I suspect that is going to become a worse problem for that time period for 2020.

Moreover, even for parts of the low to moderate demand season, which runs from mid-Jan to late Sep, there have been some days in 2020, particularly in Jan and Feb, when studios disappeared quickly at 8 a.m. at 11 months out. That is sometiing historically that has happened only for categories of rooms know to be extremely competitive to reserve, such as BWV standard view and AKV value studios.

I have been able to get studios on all the days I wanted. However, I was online at 8 am 11 months out.

Availability depends on when you plan on going. June 2020 is about half booked and July is mostly available. The first two weeks of next August are available but for some reason the week of August 18 is fully booked.

It appears as though people have already started walking studios to the fall. If that’s when you travel, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Based on what I'm seeing and hearing, I will probably avoid buying at CCV and Poly. Not worth the aggravation of walking or not getting what you need even at 11 months out.

If you’re looking to buy just for ‘Sleep Around’ points, your best bet is SSR IMO (based on overall price and fees). Waiting to close as we speak and using them for the same reason! Good luck deciding!

Based on what I'm seeing and hearing, I will probably avoid buying at CCV and Poly. Not worth the aggravation of walking or not getting what you need even at 11 months out.

For a noob what is "walking"?

If you’re looking to buy just for ‘Sleep Around’ points, your best bet is SSR IMO (based on overall price and fees). Waiting to close as we speak and using them for the same reason! Good luck deciding!

Lets say we went this route for stays the second half of August, do we need to be open to staying at whatever is available or would we have a selection? We would prefer studio rooms at CCV, BCV, PBV, BLT, and BCV. We would also look to split a 7 week stay between Epcot resort area and MK resort area.

I was originally looking to make BLT our home resort due to the limited STD studio availability at BLT at the 11 month window with the hope that we could get a CCV studio at 7 months. However the replies on this thread lead me to reconsider whether we should prioritize CCV as our home due to the limited 11 month availability there.

Studios at CCV go fast at the 11 month mark. If you don’t own CCV, it is unlikely you will be able to book studios aside from sporadic dates.

If you are looking to stay in mostly studios, I would recommend BLT because the standard views are great value.

Lets say we went this route for stays the second half of August, do we need to be open to staying at whatever is available or would we have a selection? We would prefer studio rooms at CCV, BCV, PBV, BLT, and BCV. We would also look to split a 7 week stay between Epcot resort area and MK resort area.

I was originally looking to make BLT our home resort due to the limited STD studio availability at BLT at the 11 month window with the hope that we could get a CCV studio at 7 months. However the replies on this thread lead me to reconsider whether we should prioritize CCV as our home due to the limited 11 month availability there.
Studios in general are becoming more and more difficult to book. However, August is not a high-demand month for DVC (point charts are higher than September-January, kids are either back in school or starting soon, hurricane season, it’s stinkin’ hot). But that’s not to say that a reallocation of the points charts couldn’t make August more popular in the future.

Walking is the process of booking a reservation for dates that precede the days you actually expect to stay and then modifying the reservation one or more times by dropping and adding nights until you have your preferred nights booked. It is unnecessary in all but extreme cases and I would not be too anxious about needing to do it at CCV or BLT, except maybe during December.

In all honesty, if you really truly want to stay at Copper Creek, I would buy there. You don’t want to end up being stuck somewhere you’re not happy with. If I were you, I’d buy CCV for your first home resort purchase, and down the road, consider buying SAP’s at another resort. Good luck deciding!!!

Studios in general are becoming more and more difficult to book. However, August is not a high-demand month for DVC (point charts are higher than September-January, kids are either back in school or starting soon, hurricane season, it’s stinkin’ hot). But that’s not to say that a reallocation of the points charts couldn’t make August more popular in the future.

Walking is the process of booking a reservation for dates that precede the days you actually expect to stay and then modifying the reservation one or more times by dropping and adding nights until you have your preferred nights booked. It is unnecessary in all but ex
Studios at CCV go fast at the 11 month mark. If you don’t own CCV, it is unlikely you will be able to book studios aside from sporadic dates.

If you are looking to stay in mostly studios, I would recommend BLT because the standard views are great value.

treme cases and I would not be too anxious about needing to do it at CCV or BLT, except maybe during December.

Thanks you bring up a good point about December and our preferred vacation times. We have discussed Christmas at CCV so that may be a reason to make that our home resort over BLT.

Definitely an excellent point!! It’s magical!!

ETA pictures...

View attachment 443210

Loved the pictures by the way. My wife and I honeymooned here (and YC) and our room was one of the rooms on either the second or third floor from where this picture was taken. To this day neither of us has had a more awesome room. It was a special upgrade from the front desk as a wedding gift, very nice indeed. It would have been awesome to be there in December but as it was we stayed in August.

Thanks you bring up a good point about December and our preferred vacation times. We have discussed Christmas at CCV so that may be a reason to make that our home resort over BLT.
Even that might be hard to book exactly at 11 months out. If you can't get that studio, you'll need to wait until seven months out to see what is left. Buy enough points for at least a one bedroom.

The problem with CCV, caused by the huge number of cabin points sold to those mainly purchasing only enough points to get studios with the result that studios have been oversold, is that it is having availability issues at 11 months out not just 7 if you are seeking a studio. You could buy to get that studio for Christmas time, go online at exactly 8 a.m. at 11 months out, and you will have a real risk of getting nothing -- beaten in the reservation system simply by those whose computers communicate a moment faster with Disney's computers than yours does at exactly 8 a.m..

You will then be stuck attempting to get a studio at 7 months out at another DVC resort for Christmas time, but then you will face another real risk -- no other studios may be available anywhere, including possibly SSR, which can happen that time of year.

Based on what has been happening with CCV, and the ever-mounting problem of reduced availability of studios everywhere as time passes, I cannot advise anyone to purchase there if desire is to get studios most of the time because of the risk that you could be severely disappointed. If you are going to purchase at CCV, you should purchase enough points with the plan to get 1BRs or larger rooms most of the time.

The problem with CCV, caused by the huge number of cabin points sold to those mainly purchasing only enough points to get studios with the result that studios have been oversold, is that it is having availability issues at 11 months out not just 7 if you are seeking a studio. You could buy to get that studio for Christmas time, go online at exactly 8 a.m. at 11 months out, and you will have a real risk of getting nothing -- beaten in the reservation system simply by those whose computers communicate a moment faster with Disney's computers than yours does at exactly 8 a.m..

You will then be stuck attempting to get a studio at 7 months out at another DVC resort for Christmas time, but then you will face another real risk -- no other studios may be available anywhere, including possibly SSR, which can happen that time of year.

Based on what has been happening with CCV, and the ever-mounting problem of reduced availability of studios everywhere as time passes, I cannot advise anyone to purchase there if desire is to get studios most of the time because of the risk that you could be severely disappointed. If you are going to purchase at CCV, you should purchase enough points with the plan to get 1BRs or larger rooms most of the time.
That is great advice. I was seriously debating buying a resale contract here... but this is really giving me pause. I'm going to keep watching over the next little while to see the availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter