CCV - which is better room?

Can_Dannn

Mouseketeer
Deluxe Studio vs Deluxe Studio with walkin shower

We do not need a walkin shower, so wondering if we should change to regular DS?

exact same room...difference is if you "need" a tub or not. Walk in does not have a tub.......

Size wise, they are the same. So it comes down to do you want a tub or walk-in shower.

You might want to look at which shower type is in those alternate studio's with the larger setup - just to increase your odds of being put into one.

You might want to look at which shower type is in those alternate studio's with the larger setup - just to increase your odds of being put into one.
I don't understand what you mean. Right now, our room type for Nov Trip is Deluxe Studio with Walk-In Shower.

Is that a better room to have for any reason? Larger bathroom? Etc?

I don't understand what you mean. Right now, our room type for Nov Trip is Deluxe Studio with Walk-In Shower.

So this is what I mean - There are two room selections for a studio:
1. Deluxe Studio (the bathroom has a bath tub that you have to step over the side to get into)
2. Deluxe Studio Walk In Shower (the bathroom does not have a tub so you can just WALK INTO the shower)

So the only difference is your preference in shower.

I mentioned the Alternate Studio because there are two layouts for studios and they are assigned totally at random - regular studio and alternate studio.

This is an Alternate Studio - do you see how it's split into two rooms basically? So for the same amount of points - you are kind of almost getting a one bedroom:

As you can see it's not a tub shower - it's a walk in shower - so if you selected deluxe studio - you would get a tub shower and you would NOT have a chance of getting randomly assigned to an Alternate Studio.

Does that make sense?

There are eight studios which are considered "alternate" studios. They are larger (by 60 sq feet or more) than the other CCV studios. One is a dedicated and the other 7 are part of 2-bedroom lock-offs. From what I can figure out, they have a tub so not part of the walk-in shower booking category.

So this is what I mean - There are two room selections for a studio:
1. Deluxe Studio (the bathroom has a bath tub that you have to step over the side to get into)
2. Deluxe Studio Walk In Shower (the bathroom does not have a tub so you can just WALK INTO the shower)

So the only difference is your preference in shower.

I mentioned the Alternate Studio because there are two layouts for studios and they are assigned totally at random - regular studio and alternate studio.

This is an Alternate Studio - do you see how it's split into two rooms basically? So for the same amount of points - you are kind of almost getting a one bedroom:

As you can see it's not a tub shower - it's a walk in shower - so if you selected deluxe studio - you would get a tub shower and you would NOT have a chance of getting randomly assigned to an Alternate Studio.

Does that make sense?
Hello - the video you post shows a tub - but it seems that that room is more like a 1-bedroom. Is this the alternate studio you speak of? Tub and a few rooms?
Sorry having a hard time understanding which is better

Hello - the video you post shows a tub - but it seems that that room is more like a 1-bedroom. Is this the alternate studio you speak of? Tub and a few rooms?
Sorry having a hard time understanding which is better

Ok - that IS the alternate studio - so whatever kind of shower configuration is in there - is what is in there....

It's not a room you can request - it's assigned randomly.

There is no substantial difference between size of bathroom or room based on those two types - it's shower preference....

As far as having a hard time understanding which is better it is literally personal preference - i'm not sure that you can quantify which is better. I prefer walk in showers. Someone who needs to bathe an infant would prefer a tub.

If I remember correctly, the majority of the regular (tub) studios are on the first floor, something like 30 of them? My number may be off. The only ones on higher floors with tubs are the alternate layout. So if a higher floor matters, you probably want the walk in shower kind.

I think DVC missed an opportunity on the Alternate studios. Put a king bed in the bedroom. Charge 3 more points a night and call is a King studio and make it a separate category. They would go fast like value studios at AKV.
It’s not too late. If they could split SSR into Standard and Preferred they can split these as well, so long as the total number of studio points stays the same.

As if CCV needed fewer “cheapest” studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter