CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the WHO for now.

I’ve been saying for months that I trust the WHO far more than the CDC. Everyone said I was crazy!

The CDC has close to zero credibility with me at this point. Maybe when the next president picks a new person to lead it things may change.

I’ve been saying for months that I trust the WHO far more than the CDC. Everyone said I was crazy!

The CDC has close to zero credibility with me at this point. Maybe when the next president picks a new person to lead it things may change.

We’re doomed. I’m sticking with MedCram for now.

At least Lord Fauci said he'd bet on having a vaccine ready by November or December.

They all say we’ll magically have one by the end of the year. It sounds a lot like Tesla trying to build lots of cars fast. The reality is that I will be surprised if he can get one by Sept 2021.

Do you almost feel like some of the posters here are rooting against getting through this thing? Because that’s the vibe I’m getting.

I do believe there are many people who have a better life situation now than before the pandemic, in a variety of ways.

I do believe there are many people who have a better life situation now than before the pandemic, in a variety of ways.

I’m a little burnt out on binge watching TV because a lot of stuff is closed. I want this to be over sooner than later. But I can’t realistically see that happening until 2022.

I’m a little burnt out on binge watching TV because a lot of stuff is closed. I want this to be over sooner than later. But I can’t realistically see that happening until 2022.

You could be right. 2021 could be the more of the same. I don't want with the pandemic to linger any longer BUT I must admit I love the school situation with 1/2 days every other day. We are spending much less money, too and air travel is so much easier with fewer crowds. Just hope things are back to normal by fall 2020 so my kid can experience a normal freshman year at college.

I think masks are going to be required for the rest of eternity, though.

why do you subscribe to this timeline?

why do you subscribe to this timeline?

Because phase 3 testing usually takes a year and because it takes time to produce these vaccines and distribute them. Also, I had posted the interview with the public health doc from Harvard that also said this was a reasonable timeline, and I posted it here.

I'm pretty sure it's this one.

You could be right. 2021 could be the more of the same. I don't want with the pandemic to linger any longer BUT I must admit I love the school situation with 1/2 days every other day. We are spending much less money, too and air travel is so much easier with fewer crowds. Just hope things are back to normal by fall 2020 so my kid can experience a normal freshman year at college.

I think masks are going to be required for the rest of eternity, though.

I think going forward masks might sense for flu season. I don't know about the rest of the year.

Because phase 3 testing usually takes a year and because it takes time to produce these vaccines and distribute them. Also, I had posted the interview with the public health doc from Harvard that also said this was a reasonable timeline, and I posted it here.

I'm pretty sure it's this one.

the vaccine candidates have been in mass production for months.

I don't think anyone here wants it to fail. I do think there are people here with a healthy dose of skepticism over what the administration vs the CDC vs scientists are saying.

There is simply no way to get a significant number of people vaccinated by early November.
1. The chief scientist of OWS said himself that is was unlikely a vaccine would be approved by then and that he did not know the announcement regarding this date was going to be made until he heard it on the radio.
2. If one of the current vaccines is deemed effective, there is a certain amount of time that needs to occur when large numbers of volunteers get the vaccine to determine long term safety, and how effective the vaccine will be long term.
3. If one is effective, and safe, there needs to be a national plan to produce, store, and distribute the vaccine. We can't even get enough PPE in this country, and those items do not begin to meet the levels of complexity in production, storage, and distribution that the vaccine will need to achieve all of that safely.

I'm a health care provider in a specialty that has one of the highest rates of Covid transmission for outpatient services. I'm all for the vaccine, and will get it as soon as someone who has a history of being apolitical deems it safe. That may be Fauci, that may be some other person or organization. I do not currently trust the spokesmen for the CDC based solely on their history of comments and assertions that fly in the face of known science recently. That doesn't mean I don't trust the scientists at the CDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter