Cdns and meal prices in Orlando. What food do you take with you to Orlando from Cda?

sillyminny

Love Disney World. Love Survivor and Idol shows as
When you figure in the US $, it costs a lot to eat on site for sure.

We are so happy our Marriot SPring Hills suites has breakfast. We eat lunch in the park and supper at hotel or somewhere else.

Do you take food with you on the plane and what do you take?

Hi: We drive down so we take alot of snack like foods, granola bars, arrowroot cookies, gummy candies, small boxes raisins (these are for our bellybags while in the parks), case of bottled water, drink boxes, corn ships, cereal, pudding cups etc. for the room.

I guess you could take an extra suitcase with some light snacks down and bring back some souvineers in it.

But for places to eat we found on a non park day, say we were out shopping and needed lunch, we would grab the 99Cent wendy's food, chili, burgers, salad, baked potatoe, or ponderosa for lunch buffet and then eat light at supper, or grab a pizza to take back with a coupon from one of those coupon books found in the stores outside disney.

We would also grab fruit and milk, yogurt etc at the grocery store to take back to the room, I have seen the styrofoam coolers for 3 to 4 dollars in the grocery stores. Have a great trip, love wdw.

Deb.

We drive down too so have room for lots. This past trip we took a case of water, diet pop, juice boxes, the little bags of potato chips, granola bars, Kraft cheese and cracker packages, little packages of nuts, seasame snaps plus we also took cans of soup to heat up and eggs and bread for breakfast. Since we drive we also take with us a Koolatron fridge with us plus a toaster and this time we took a portable burner with us as well. I have flown however and would suggest buying a styrofoam cooler and then keeping it filled with ice for drinks or breakfast items. We ate breakfast in the room and took our lunch with us to the parks. We ate dinner in the room a couple of nights and ate in the parks a couple of nights as well. Another thing I just remembered we took were the tins of tuna and crackers for lunch which were really quite good. We got them at Costco.

Have fun on your trip!

Cdnmickeylover

Please no suitcase of food!!!!! My bugaboo...

If you have a car there are grocery stores and probably (most likely) a fridge in the room. Lot's to eat, especially in LBV. I love Outback in the US, along with Jungle Jims, Pebbles and Bahama Breeze and Marconi's Macaroni Grill (SP?).

We had a buffet breakfast included with our hotel stay so we pigged out and didn't need to eat anything more than a snack for lunch. Strangely enough, I lost weight doing this ... must have been all the walking :p

For my next trip, I might bring down instant oatmeal packs, small cereal boxes, granola bars and Kool-Aid mix :) I'm thinking of doing the grocery stop and getting some fresh fruit like grapefruits and apples...

Be very careful on what you take down on the plane. There are many food restrictions at customs at the airport. The last time we flew down we got stopped by the "Beagle Patrol" :eek: snifer dogs and had to go to a seperate inspection area with our whole party. They found nothing, :mad: , but it took awhile!! :smooth:

Friends got back in October.

They did a grocery run on their way from the
airport. They had a rented car but I have heard
others say that even a car service will stop for
you if they know in advance.

I believe they went to Publix and bought a
stryoam cooler, luncheon meats, bread, peanut
butter, 2 cases of water, granola bars, breakfast cereal
and bagels and some dried fruit and snacks.

They kept the cooler in the tub and filled ziploc
bags with ice in the am and again at night.

Saved a bundle and didn't have to take food on
the plane (customs is pretty sticky these days).

We fly (next trip is a driving trip) and we brought lots of food on the plane. We still do a grocery shop for all the neat foods that we can not get in Canada. Goodings had excellent Disney cereals that my kids ate as snacks. I filled baggies with the cereal, it worked perfectly. I buy bread for PBJ's in Orlando, and fruit and veggies too. We tend to eat dinner at WDW, lunch or breakky is in room when breakky isn't a character meal. We have cut down our meal costs with experience. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter