celebrating 7th birthday

christophersmom

Earning My Ears
My son will be celebrating his 7th birthday on our first full day in WDW in early August. We plan to make a reservation for a character breakfast, but are interested in hearing about other ways we can celebrate his birthday on that day, which is a Sunday this year. We will be staying at the Beach Club. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Hi, we also are going for DS's 7th birthday this year. Except his happens to fall the week before Easter so hopefully it won't be uncomfortably crowded. Anyway...for his B-day I had originally booked a B-day cruise (#407-WDW-PLAY?), however my parents can't make it so it'll be a little too much $$ for the three of us. So, I made a PS for 8:15 at Cinerella's Royal Table and we're going to try and get a window seat for the fireworks which are at 9 that night. At CRT we're also requesting a small B-day cake (6" I think?) which is an additional $10 charge. Also, make sure you pick up a Birthday button at City Hall in MK. Another surprise we are doing is Disney Quest, DS is a video game-aholic and he is going to be so shocked when he sees the place. Another thing is to make sure the CM's at your resort know it's DS's b-day, AKL made a note of it on our confirmation, but you can casually mention it at check-in, usually they'll leave a little something for him in your room on the big day. There is also a florist around WDW (??) not sure where the link is, it's somewhere on one of these boards, that makes cookie bouquets out of the Disney characters that they will deliver to your room.
Hope some of these help.:wave:

We are going to be celebrating my son's 6 year old Birthday at Disney in September. We are staying at the All-Star for four nights and then on his birthday we are switching over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge (he loves animals) as part of his Birthday. We are looking at doing the Breakfastasauras (sp) w/ Donald and friends or the Rainforest Cafe, but haven't made plans for a cake yet.

We are also considering the Mickey n' You photo session at Downtown Disney. We don't know much about this, but it has been a tradition to always get our son's picture made at a studio on his actual Birthday. If anyone knows much about the Mickey 'n You, please post. We'd love to hear about it.

We do the mickey photos every year and just did it 2 weeks ago - highly recommend it. We've never really had to wait when we get there, you just pay for your package (cheapest is about $20 for 1 5x7 and 4 wallets) and then go in to a room where mickey is. They take two pictures with the castle as a backdrop (in case one doesn't come out). You can see them on the computer to make sure it's o.k. and if not they'll take another one. (Not sure how many they'll take though). After they're done you can take your own pix and video with Mickey and the photographer will even take group shots with your camera. Mickey was very interactive last week and gave an autograph, played with the kids etc. It's definitely worth $20 to have a cute picture and not have to wait for mickey at the parks. Just make sure to let them take their picture first. I think they like to get business out of the way before everyone starts playing. Have fun!

P.S. Let them know if you want Mickey to pose a certain way - kneeling, standing etc. and they'll do it.

We just celebrated our son's 8th birthday at WDW. He actually turned 8 on Feb 12 but we celebrated on Feb 15 and 16. We did our first celebration at Magic Kingdom...got the button from City Hall, which he wore proudly. While picking that up MIL made a ps for Crystal Palace not realizing they would do something for his birthday there...and she didn't realize they had a character dinner...And I didn't speak up just thinking it would be fun...We already had a ps for dinner at Garden Grill to celebrate with FIL and step-MIL and the whole family the next night. Everyone told my son Happy Birthday when they saw the pin...SnowWhite and other characters wrote "Happy Birthday" in his autograph book and blew him b-day kisses. Crystal Palace gave him a cupcake, a card signed by the characters, and decorated the table with confetti. The characters did a little dance around him, which I missed because I was at the buffet...They didn't give us any warning that they were coming around.

He wore his button again at Epcot the next day. We went around the world decorating the masks that Familyfun Magazine, I think, is sponsoring at the FunStops at the different countries. Anyway, some of the countries wrote "Happy Birthday" in their different languages, which was cool. Garden Grill provided a cake (at no charge, I think but FIL paid for the meal so I don't really know), the characters signed a card and greeted him....except Mickey. I was disappointed in Mickey not coming over the whole time until MIL went to the waiter and complained. Mickey made two swipes on the upper level and didn't come down to the lower level at all. Finally he did come down just for a picture with my children and then he was back up.

All in all my son had a great time at WDW. We plan on doing it again when my daughter turns 8 but her's might have to be on her half yr b-day because it will be steaming in JULY for her birthday! Don't think I can take it! But who knows that is another 4 yrs away!

Have fun!

Mandy

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to reply to my question on ideas to celebrate my son's 7th birthday!!!!! I'm looking forward to our trip.......I've only been to WDW once and that was some time ago.

'74 -- Offsite hotel
Aug '02 - Beach Club

We celebrated DD's 7th birthday in June. She had breakfast at Cindy's in the morning. She got a certificate from them about a Memorable Moment and got a cupcake and an announcement it was her birthday. We got a birthday badge at City Hall and she wore it all day. One of the CM's at City Hall had her talk to Goofy on the phone and he wished her happy birthday.

We told the resort and while we were in the parks, they delivered balloons with an autographed picture of Cinderella to our resort.

We told the waiters at the restaraunts it was her birthday and she got sung Happy Birthday to and had a cupcake with a candle.

We ended the day up with a birthday illuminations cruise. They had balloons, streamers, and a birthday cake and sodas for the cruise. We parked under a bridge and ate cake and watched Illuminations. The other pontoon boats sang Happy Birthday to her. After Illuminations, people on the shore, also, sang Happy Birthday to her! Expensive cruise, but quite a memorable time!

Don't forget to bring wrapping paper for presents from home! I forgot that, and had to wrap her presents with WDW bags!

My DD will be turning 7 at WDW on 6/22.
day before (6/21) go to MK and pick up the birthday button at town-hall.

We plan on doing on 6/22:
:) Breakfast in the room with Disney themed paper goods brought from home.
Decorate the windows and/or mirror with some window clings

:) Give her a few gifts we will bring from home (wrap in the room - so we can get though
airport security)

;) Have flowers and balloons delivered from the WDW florist while we are out of the room (Dolphin resort)

:) We have planned a day at MGM with PS at Hollywood & Vine for lunch. My DD loves Minnie.

:) swim in the afternoon

I have heard that WDW sometimes does special surprises for birthday kids. I talked to room service at the
Dolphin. The manager said to remind him it will be our DD birthday, and he'll send a cake up sometime
in the early evening for her (courtesy of the Dolphin resort)

;) If we get a view of EPCOT fireworks (as we have requested - paid for the view) - sit on the balcony that night,
kids in their P.J.'s and watch the fireworks.

Her birthday is our first full day at WDW. Will have arrived on 6/21.
I think the above is enough birthday magic for her - without an overload.
I also like the kids in bed by 9:30 PM latest - or they will never get up early the next morning.

Do what is best for your birthday child - and enjoy :pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter