Celebrations vs Orlando Atractions Magazine...

speedyf

DIS Veteran
I am currently a subscriber to Orlando Attractions Magazine and I was looking to give a subscription to this magazine to fellow Disney fanatic friends as a Christmas gift. I noticed that another magazine, Celebrations, is now in circulation.

Does anyone have any insight into which one is better? I'm looking more for a comparison in the amount of content between the two magazines.

I would like to get an issue of Celebrations to compare, but I'm afraid that by the time I get the issue and then make the decision, it may be too late for Christmas.

Thanks....

Speed :teleport:

I have only read the one copy of Orlando Attractions magazine that I got from Ricky at MouseFest last year. All my other information come from listening to him talk about it on Inside the Magic and Twitter.

Also in the case of full disclosure, I need to point out that I write for Celebrations Magazine.

The biggest and most noticeable difference is that Orlando Attractions is not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort. They cover all things of interest in the Orlando Resort region.

So, I would say taht part of the decision should be determining what scope of coverage you are interested in. If you want to read about other Orlando offerings, then obviously you'll need Orlando Attractions magazine to get that coverage. If you aren't interested in that material, then Celebrations Magazine may be more your cup of tea.

But it should be noted that we at Celebrations Magazine doesn't view Orlando Attractions as competition. In fact, I believe Lou Mongello still advertises the magazine on both his website and podcast.

I think we are more companions with some overlapping content. One should be able to be happy with both magazines in their mailbox :).

Thanks for the reply, harra.

I am already a subscriber to Orlando Attractions magazine. I have ordered a single copy (1st copy) of Celebrations Magazine to check it out. I will probably end up with a subscription to both.

I just wanted to get some insight on which would be a better subscription for my friends. Since they are Disneyworld fanatics, it sounds like Celebrations will be the right mag for them....but, I hate to give a gift subscription to a magazine I've never seen or read before. I'm hoping my single issue of Celebrations makes it here soon, so that I can make a more informed decision.

I think it will work out perfect. My friends are fanatics, but they don't go online much to keep up with all the Disney news (they usually ask me). I think this magazine subscription will be a perfect gift for Christmas.

Thanks,
Speed :teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter