Celebrities in the World?

AliceNDinah

DIS Veteran
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has ever been to one of the parks and spotted a celebrity? Just being a fellow tourist like everyone else. That would be kind of fun to be a part of :) I've love to hear any good stories!

I saw one of the guys from the Sy Fy Channel show Ghost Hunters. Loved the show so recognized him right away.

I've seen quite a few. Just a handful that come to mind....
Michael Jackson several times back in the day. Once with Macaulay Culkin.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. just hanging out leaned up against a fence at American Adventure drinking a beer and shooting the breeze.
Vince Vaughn
Jennifer Garner
NPH multiple times
Quite a few Disney Channel "stars". Used to see the Mickey Mouse Club kids a bunch when that was filmed at Disney-MGM Studios. Several are, of course, much more famous than they were then.
many more... can't think right now.

I did but they aren't a celebrity that the masses would recognize. Last year DD and I saw Napoleon and Tabitha (NappyTabs) at MK with their little boy. They are a married couple who do Hip-Hop choreography for So You Think You Can Dance
We left them alone but DD saw they posted a photo at Disney so she posted that we'd seen them. They said they'd wished we'd said hello. I wish I had, I love their work. But I hate to bother folks out being real people. Especially when they are with family.

ETA - I didn't even see them at first, DD did. I admit, I don't pay much attention to others when we are out and about. I could probably walk past my own parents at the parks and not see them, if I wasn't looking for them

Last edited:

I'm planning my first trip to WDW, so I don't have any for there, but I usually frequent DLR and have seen a couple there.

When I was 11, my family sat next to Jack Nicholson and his family at Goofy's Kitchen. Back then, I loved Witches of Eastwick (wildly inappropriate for an 11-year-old BTW), so I knew who he was. My mom basically talked me into asking for his autograph when he was getting up to leave (thought he wouldn't be annoyed with a kid- he wasn't). He was so kind when I asked and said "certainly" in that total Jack voice and signed my autograph book which I have since lost like a dummy. I've also seen Mariska Hargitay (of SVU fame) on main street. I can't recall any others, though I'm pretty certain I've seen others.

Aside from various concerts, soap weekend, and seeing Dan Akroid when HoB opened we've seen Alex Day and Carrie Hope Fletcher

I saw Mike Love of the Beach Boys at DLR (which annoys me because I've been going to DLR for years and the one time I see a celeb it's Mike Love, widely acknowledged to be one of the less pleasant persons in music).

My friend and I ate at a hibachi table at Teppanyaki with the 3 kids from the show 8 Simple Rules (Kaley Cuoco, Amy Davidson and Martin Spanjers.)

We saw Eddie Van Halen on one of the resort boats to MK or one of the Epcot resort area boats, can't remember.

We saw Lorenzo Lamas in the lobby of the Beach Club.

We saw Green Bay Packer Reggie White (RIP) running on a treadmill in the gym at the Boardwalk.

We saw Whoopie Goldberg during our Grand Floridian stay a few years ago. I think she was staying there for her Candlelight Processional spot.

Many years ago we saw Seal. You could tell a few people kind of recognized him and then there were the others that looked and thought maybe he was someone but not sure who he was. Growing up in SoCal I saw more celebs in grocery stores than out on the street.

I think celebrities are much more often going to go to DLR rather than WDW. A lot already live in LA or have business there, so it's an easy side-trip. WDW usually would involve an actual trip! Not to say they wouldn't do it, just it seems to be rarer, while it is not uncommon to see someone at DLR (in the past few months I've run into Angelina Jolie, Kardashians, Kobe Bryant)

We saw Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley way back when their daughter Alexa was still in a stroller. That's probably our most high profile sighting. But we have seen quite a few TV and movie actors over the years just out and about with their families. Back when they held the Disneyana Conventions in WDW, we were seated at a table next to Fess Parker at dinner one evening. Restaurant sightings are kind of fun because they last longer than a quick walk by in the parks.

Well once they were filming Dnacing with the Stars I saw several, but only remember Jenny Garth. More recently saw Holly Madison.

DD and I scanned our bands to get into Stormalong Bay right behind Warwick Davis a few years ago, but I'm not sure that counts as it was Star Wars Weekend and he must have been staying there for that.

I think celebrities are much more often going to go to DLR rather than WDW. A lot already live in LA or have business there, so it's an easy side-trip. WDW usually would involve an actual trip! Not to say they wouldn't do it, just it seems to be rarer, while it is not uncommon to see someone at DLR (in the past few months I've run into Angelina Jolie, Kardashians, Kobe Bryant)
I think there is even a Facebook page or Twitter feed that reports when a celebrity is spotted out in DL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter