Cell Phones

From what I have read here before, No - it will not work.

Most people stay in touch via email on the ship and/or buy prepaid phone cards and use those when in port.

We were on an eastern carribean cruise on royal carribean last march and our cell phones worked great. You needed to be up on deck (not in the room) but we got great reception!

I was on the Eastern in January and we had Verizon reception in St Thomas only, and there was a slight charge (under $10). You might want to call them to find out the charges, but we did get service there, but no place else....

On our 9/14 cruise, I used my cell phone at CC and Nassau. I had to go out on the verandah, but the reception was fine. We have Cingular not Verizon tho.

Gail

I'm not sure about the eastern ports, but my verizon service got great reception on the Wonder in CC, Nassau and Freeport. Also got great service a few years ago when I cruised to the Bahamas with friends (so great that they all wanted to use my phone because their cells didn't get reception). I did have to go up on deck though.

We were on the western cruise in July and got reception.. we were on the upper deck for it to work.. believe it or not when i got my cell phone bill the charge was about a 1.50 or so.. not too bad. Used my calling card though in Cozumel Mexico on a pay phone and that charge was about $50.00.

We were on the Eastern cruise last year and my phone (AT&T Wireless) only had service in St Maarten and the 1 day at sea that we were off the coast of Puerto Rico. I was surprised that I had no service at all in St Thomas or the rest of the time at sea. If there is an emergency you can get a phone call on the ship. I know because my bosses called me TWICE because they couldn't get thru on my cell phone. LOL

Take your phone. You never know!

MCMom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter