Certainly not the first time this has been asked - help me with a crash (film) prep course!

2vets

Addicted since 1971
I am a 110% certain this has been asked because I've seen it. But there are just unreasonable numbers of posts here, I can't find it here or beyond with a search without running into spoilers, and Star Wars enthusiasts (you know who you are) are a little intimidating in this respect.

I know zip-a-dee-doo-dah about Star Wars, other than vague memories of the original trilogy. Stop laughing, please.

Since the best thing about Disney is attention to detail, and I want to understand what the heck I'm looking at - what are the best SW films to watch for a crash course? And I beg you, don't say "All of them..."

TIA!

Last edited:
All of them :)
No, honestly, the land is focused on the new trilogy, so episodes VII and VIII. no need to watch the latest episode IX because the land is set before that movie
If so inclined I would also try and catch some episodes of Clone Wars and Rebels to get acquainted with Hondo Ohnaka, he's a key character in Smugglers Run

All of them :)
No, honestly, the land is focused on the new trilogy, so episodes VII and VIII. no need to watch the latest episode IX because the land is set before that movie
If so inclined I would also try and catch some episodes of Clone Wars and Rebels to get acquainted with Hondo Ohnaka, he's a key character in Smugglers Run
Awesome, thank you so much for the prioritized list!

You should re-watch the first movie, too. While Batuu is obviously not Tatooine, many aspects of it evoke Tatooine, at least in terms of "feel." Especially the cantina, of course!

Ok, VII down! 7 full movie-watching days remaining before departure..

Lol. Based on recommendations here, we watched VII and VIII. Then ended up watching ALL of them one by one haha. Could not find the first movie though :( Not even on all our various streaming services. Guess that's only availabke on Disney+

Definitely watch one episode with Hondo, or at least one of the youtube clip videos with his best moments. You’ll appreciate knowing who he is when you ride Smuggler’s Run.

Lol. Based on recommendations here, we watched VII and VIII. Then ended up watching ALL of them one by one haha. Could not find the first movie though :( Not even on all our various streaming services. Guess that's only availabke on Disney+

Maybe your library system has it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!