Chance of waitlist coming through during marathon?...

JenSop

DIS Veteran
I booked my home resort (AKV) ages ago for January, but now at 7 months, we tried for BC and could only get it for half of our stay. (The first four days.) There is NOTHING for the 2nd half of our stay (which is the actual marathon weekend.) I've waitlisted BC for the second half, but I'm not very optimistic. Anyone ever had any luck in this situation with their waitlist?

It really seems harder and harder each year to book a room over marathon.

If anyone has any stories of waitlist luck in unlikely circumstances, I'd love to hear them!

I would put your chances very low. Many people are already on the waitlist from home resort.

Although we never had to waitlist, injuries do happen. And sometimes, the injured runner doesn't want to go and "be reminded" that others are running but he/she can't.

Booked my home resort as well (SSR) and was hoping to switch over to BWV or BLT and of course, it is not available. Now I’m debating whether or not to do a split stay. :confused3

Piece by piece I got grand Floridian studio mostly from the waitlist over princess weekend. A five night stay. :) And most of it was pretty much last minute.

There’s hope.

I have had success in the past with wait listing for marathon weekend stays. However, I was trying to get a studio at AKV Kidani, which I am sure is easier than BW or BC.

We got our waitlist at the Poly for the Princess weekend (Thursday-Sunday checkout) this year. I was surprised, but quite pleased. I didn’t stalk as I needed all three nights and figured I wouldn’t get them one at a time.

I’m waiting for my 7 month this year for February 14-15, as I have a grandson who requested fancy...I have BCV booked (home resort), and will put in for Poly standard and Grand Floridian on an off chance of success. He said he is fine with BCV, but last year his cousins were the ones that got Poly.

We will be back at BCV for the Princess...my daughter has talked me into the 5K.

Be aware that you cannot walk to the race starts from the Epcot resorts. You'll need to get up at 3AM and catch a bus.

It really seems harder and harder each year to book a room over marathon.
Being new to DVC, comments like this make me feel better about getting the runDisney Guaranteed Event week at CCV for Marathon Weekend (done this race 7 of the last 8 years). When purchasing I need to justify the extra 10% points needed and the additional cost over resale.

Be aware that you cannot walk to the race starts from the Epcot resorts. You'll need to get up at 3AM and catch a bus.

However, what DH loved was that after the race, he'd get off at the first bus stop (Swan/Dolphin, I think) and walk back from there. It was a good little stretch out for his legs, as well as get him back sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter