Chance to travel- where would you go?

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
With my husband working overseas I will have the chance to meet him abroad once or twice (maybe 3 times) a year for a vacation. I have only been to Canada outside of the states, so this is very exciting to me. Where would you go? Anywhere you would avoid?

Europe
What are your interests? Cities, shopping, historical buildings, museum's, or sun, beach, spa, or activity holiday such as watersports, skiing, or rural country side???? Hot weather, warm weather, cool weather, winter????? Theme parks, amusement parks and dinner/ show evening's???? English speaking country or non English speaking country????

I would and have been to Asian Country's, its just so different , you feel like your in a different planet. Whats your husband do ?

I really love history. I was talking to a gentleman from England last year and he said I should go to Scotland if I wanted to see castles- it is definitely on my list.

We visited Paris, Monte Carlo, Marseille, Florence, Pisa, Rome and Pompeii last spring. Every one of them was magical. You can't go wrong with the Med!

If you have the chance to travel, go for it! Italy is amazing. (As in - amazing wherever you go.) I loved the UK and Ireland. Munich was fun. You didn't specify what part of the world you're looking to visit, but every continent has its amazing, must see places.

I hope you have a wonderful time and get some good use out of your passport!

me? New Zealand, Brazil, Iceland, Thailand. Those are places I really want to go and haven't been yet.
Not having a clue what your interests are beyond "history" , I cannot begin to make a recomendations for you.

I think my favourite castles are in Wales and Denmark---though there are is no shortage of great ones all over Europe

Last edited:
It's hard to say without knowing some of your interests and maybe a general area. Are you talking Europe, or Asia or where?

My favorite city so far has been Budapest, followed by Munich and Prague.

As for my wish list, I'm visiting Rome and Venice this fall so those are off the wish list. I really want to go to Dubrovnik, maybe spend two weeks just exploring Croatia. I also want to go to Barcelona, Madrid, Slovenia, Poland, Russia (Moscow, St. Petersburg), several Asian countries, Australia and New Zealand. I have many, many more on my list, that's just a few!

Norway.....we had a few days there and would love to go back
China....DH used to travel there for business and loves it

With my husband working overseas I will have the chance to meet him abroad once or twice (maybe 3 times) a year for a vacation. I have only been to Canada outside of the states, so this is very exciting to me. Where would you go? Anywhere you would avoid?

Ireland, Greece, Scotland, safari in Africa

I would avoid the Middle East. It's just too unstable, IMO.

If I could go anywhere, I think I'd go to Scotland.

Like you, I've only been to Canada, and that was when I was a kid.

Ireland, Germany, and Switzerland. Although Norway, Austria, Belgium, and Italy are also on the list.

My maternal grandmother is from England and my paternal grandfather’s family is from Scotland so I’d love to make it to one or both someday. Being from Canada, most of our holidays consist of Disney trips to the US and beach trips to Mexico. Perhaps we should broaden our horizons a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter