change order of borrowing points

JMelton

Earning My Ears
I have 2 home resorts, 50 points at OKW, and 100 points at BRV. I want to make a 7 month reservation in July (for a January stay). This will use a total of 167 points( at OKW for a 1 bedroom.)
I want to use the 50 current OKW points first, then Borrow the next year's 50 OKW points, THEN finish the reservation with 67 of the BRV points. I want to be able to bank the remaining BRV points for a Christmas reservation the next year. Will MS do this order? I understand about borrowing being final, ect. If they will not do this, can I make a "fake" reservation- using exactly the 50+50 borrowed points, cancel it, and have the borrowed points stay in my use, then use the 67 BRV points at 7 months? Thanks!

In order to do it, you need to do as you mention…book something only with the OKW contract first, with borrowing.

Those points will now be there and will be used first once you book your real trip.

In order to do it, you need to do as you mention…book something only with the OKW contract first, with borrowing.

Those points will now be there and will be used first once you book your real trip.
I only have the one home resort, so I’ve never had to deal with OP’s situation. I thought that since they’d have to specify how many points to take from each contract and which contract to borrow from, and this is a 7-month reservation, they could simply tell the system to take 50 current OKW points, 67 current BRV points, and borrow 50 OKW points. Would that not work?

I have 2 home resorts, 50 points at OKW, and 100 points at BRV. I want to make a 7 month reservation in July (for a January stay). This will use a total of 167 points( at OKW for a 1 bedroom.)
I want to use the 50 current OKW points first, then Borrow the next year's 50 OKW points, THEN finish the reservation with 67 of the BRV points. I want to be able to bank the remaining BRV points for a Christmas reservation the next year. Will MS do this order? I understand about borrowing being final, ect. If they will not do this, can I make a "fake" reservation- using exactly the 50+50 borrowed points, cancel it, and have the borrowed points stay in my use, then use the 67 BRV points at 7 months? Thanks!
I’m not sure if I am reading you correctly, but one thing you can do create a fake reservation where you borrow the OKW points. Then cancel the reservation. The borrowed OKW points will then be trapped in the current year and used FIRST by the computer. Just put OKW as the first resort when you then go make the real reservation. Put BRV second- it will only take the BRV points it needs.

I only have the one home resort, so I’ve never had to deal with OP’s situation. I thought that since they’d have to specify how many points to take from each contract and which contract to borrow from, and this is a 7-month reservation, they could simply tell the system to take 50 current OKW points, 67 current BRV points, and borrow 50 OKW points. Would that not work?

The only way to borrow is if you are out of eligible points. Since they have two contracts and want to use points from both, it is going to take current UY points before it will borrow from either.

Now, MS can probably do it for you by doing the same thing with your real trip, as they can do things behind the scenes without the extra step, but you can not do it yourself online.

I had already asked a Disney person on chat ,and they said that they would not ( or could not) change the order that the computer uses the points. I thought maybe MS could change it anyway --or maybe the person on chat didn't understand what I was trying to do. So I do think that I need to do the fake reservation first-- That should work, and is no trouble since there are several reservation combinations at OKW for exactly 100 points , then I'll use the 67 from BRV and bank the remaining 33.
Thanks for your help!

I had already asked a Disney person on chat ,and they said that they would not ( or could not) change the order that the computer uses the points. I thought maybe MS could change it anyway --or maybe the person on chat didn't understand what I was trying to do. So I do think that I need to do the fake reservation first-- That should work, and is no trouble since there are several reservation combinations at OKW for exactly 100 points , then I'll use the 67 from BRV and bank the remaining 33.
Thanks for your help!
I do this all the time because half of our contracts are direct and then 1/4 of them have the new restrictions (i e can only be used at original resorts). Usually I prefer to use the ones with full restrictions first and if I know I am going to need to borrow for the year I will do this on those “less useful” contracts.

The only way to borrow is if you are out of eligible points. Since they have two contracts and want to use points from both, it is going to take current UY points before it will borrow from either.

Now, MS can probably do it for you by doing the same thing with your real trip, as they can do things behind the scenes without the extra step, but you can not do it yourself online.
Thanks. Having only one home resort obviously eliminates certain complexities of booking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter