Changed Jewel Southern to Enchantment Bahamas

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
LOL. Miami is just calling for me to return!! :)

Cruise is 4/2-6. I'll stay a night before and a couple of nights after. :) At least that's the plan for now.

Have you cruised on the Enchantment before? I ask because I've just booked my first non-DCL cruise on the Enchantment. I've viewed some YouTube videos, but am still a bit wary.

Have you cruised on the Enchantment before? I ask because I've just booked my first non-DCL cruise on the Enchantment. I've viewed some YouTube videos, but am still a bit wary.

We haven't done enchantment, but a couple other RCCL ships and we were wary coming from DCL as well but we always had a blast! Tons of things to do!

Have you cruised a vision class ship before? They are not as Wow as the rest of the fleet. Not my intent to be a downer, I would recommend you set expectations accordingly. Enchantment was RCCL's first and last attempt at stretching a ship. They cut her in half and added a middle section. In my opinion, they added too many people for the ship's available amenities. Jewel on the other hand was built so the ship feels empty with some great improvements over the vision class.

I just got off Enchantment (4 nighter - Miami, Coco Cay, Nassau, Key West, Miami) last Friday. Was very pleased with the ship and especially the staff. I was a little wary since we had sailed RCCL on Majesty several years earlier on a 3 nighter that was a totally different crowd -- think booze cruise that included a fight on deck 1 for the tender boat line because some got off an elevator instead of waiting on the stairs. Anyway, this one was much more civilized. I think they refurbed the staterooms in the past year or two. We found it very comfortable (we had a balcony on deck 7) and quiet. I'll agree that the ship doesn't have the Wow factor that some of the newer ships have, but I'll also disagree with a cruise critic review that said the ship was a rust bucket and should be retired. We found the ship to be clean and the staff especially friendly...think Disney quality friendly. One drawback is a lack of dining options - main dining room, one premium restaurant and the buffet are pretty much your options. From my experience, I'd be happy to sail on Enchantment again...

Thanks for the comments, richmo. We're scheduled for the 4 nighter too. I selected Enchantment over the mega ships in hopes of a more subdued setting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter