changes + different UK and US options = total confusion!

pinchy

Mouseketeer
ok... we are in the UK....

we wanted the dining package so we booked our resort, unlimited entry park tickets and dining package for the full 14 days of our holiday in October

yesterday I noticed the introduction of the premium package and I thought 'oooo that sounds interesting' and I thought I'd look how much it costs to upgrade

but on the disney websites all sorts of confusing changes have occured! first off the UK website no longer features packages... just complete unlimited entry tickets

where as on the US website there are lots of different packages but no option to book them for 14 days

so now I'm confused about what whether we booked is ok and I'm confused about whether we can upgrade :worried:

I would guess that most of the US packages are specifically and deliberately limited to 10 days. That would account for the fact that the US and UK offerings differ so much.

bicker said:
I would guess that most of the US packages are specifically and deliberately limited to 10 days. That would account for the fact that the US and UK offerings differ so much.

sure but we have a 14 day package with dining and unlimited park entry and now I'm not sure how we got that!

pinchy said:
sure but we have a 14 day package with dining and unlimited park entry and now I'm not sure how we got that!

That's because you're in the UK. We can't book a package for longer than 10 nights.

Different packages are marketed to different groups.

disneyjunkie said:
That's because you're in the UK. We can't book a package for longer than 10 nights.

Different packages are marketed to different groups.

well I just hope what we booked is still ok (14 days ultimate ticket, value resort and dining plan)

it seems uneccesarily complicated and strange to have different plans for different countries though

It is actually rather common. It is complicated though, and good thing, because simpler would mean that one market or the other (or both! :eek: ) would be provided offerings that are less suited to what the guests from that market actually want.

pinchy said:
well I just hope what we booked is still ok (14 days ultimate ticket, value resort and dining plan)

it seems uneccesarily complicated and strange to have different plans for different countries though

I have got a 15 day holiday, with the 14 day ticket and the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!