Changing My Life Forever (Comments Welcome)

LisaCT49

Earning My Ears
It is time to change my life. My name is Lisa. I am 49 and about 130 lbs overweight. I am on 2 blood pressure meds and type 2 diabetic. In the last 4 months I lost 18 lbs. I have 2 goals, to lose the 130 lbs and to finish a Disney Half Marathon in 2016.

Why now? Well I have spent the last 44 days watching my Mom struggle to live. She has been living with CHF and stage 4 kidney disease for awhile now. June 30th she was admitted to the hospital with a CO2 level of 98 (norm is 40). Her lungs are no longer able to dispel the CO2 so she will now have to use a BiPap at night and when napping. Some of her health issues are just rotten luck, but alot of is also being overweight. We have very similar body types and weights. Speaking with her Dr's they mentioned how stiff her heart is due to years of high blood pressure. That scared the heck out of me.

I will be eating low carb (under 100 day) and getting in 10,000 steps a day to start. I have a Fitbit and will track that way. Thought I would start this journal to document my journey and stay accountable. I will post each night or morning after whether it's a good day or not so good. Feel free to comment or give advice, or just send a good kick in the butt my way if i start slipping.

It is time to change my life. My name is Lisa. I am 49 and about 130 lbs overweight. I am on 2 blood pressure meds and type 2 diabetic. In the last 4 months I lost 18 lbs. I have 2 goals, to lose the 130 lbs and to finish a Disney Half Marathon in 2016.

Why now? Well I have spent the last 44 days watching my Mom struggle to live. She has been living with CHF and stage 4 kidney disease for awhile now. June 30th she was admitted to the hospital with a CO2 level of 98 (norm is 40). Her lungs are no longer able to dispel the CO2 so she will now have to use a BiPap at night and when napping. Some of her health issues are just rotten luck, but alot of is also being overweight. We have very similar body types and weights. Speaking with her Dr's they mentioned how stiff her heart is due to years of high blood pressure. That scared the heck out of me.

I will be eating low carb (under 100 day) and getting in 10,000 steps a day to start. I have a Fitbit and will track that way. Thought I would start this journal to document my journey and stay accountable. I will post each night or morning after whether it's a good day or not so good. Feel free to comment or give advice, or just send a good kick in the butt my way if i start slipping.

Congrats on losing 18 lbs!:cheer2: I also need to lose weight and make lifestyle changes. PM me if you'd like to have a buddy. Maybe we can support each other and run the marathon together. I've never run a marathon, so the thought of that terrifies, but I've always wanted to.

Thanks for the congrats Belle. I will def PM you when I have a chance.

Fasting blood sugar this morning was 120. Four months ago my FBS was in the 140 and 150's. I am pleased with that progress. Today was a good day food wise, 60 carbs. Lots of veggies.

I only got 5 of the 10 thousand steps. I hate my job. A 8 hour shift and I only get about 2500 steps in. Desk jobs suck. I am going to try to walk in the morning. After work I went to the rehab to see my mom. Got home at 7:30 and ate dinner. I definitely have trouble working out in evening. Something always get in the way.

I will weigh in once a week on Fridays. Goal for tomorrow is walk for 30 minutes in the am in order to reach 10000 steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter