Changing seats for dining

EeyoreME

Mouseketeer
Is there a way to change our table seats from a party of 5 to a party of 3 for our dining reservations without cancelling and redoing a new reservation? My in laws are no longer going on this trip with us and will be canceling. Luckily I did the reservations under my name. I know we can just tell the check in that its just 3 but if we do it in advance it might free up space for someone else to make a reservation. Any thoughts?

You should be able to modify the ADR in MDE.
If you can't, when you check in, tell them that you only have 3 instead of 5..
Its much easier to go to fewer for your ADR than to increase that number.

You don't need to change it; when you check in for the meal, just tell them there are only 3 of you. They typically say "party of 5?" when you check in and you can just say no, just 3. There is no penalty for showing up with less.

You can easily "modify" your existing dining reservation on MDE.
I very much recommend doing this so as to open up the larger table for a larger party. 😎👍

I did similar, I clicked "change reservation" under my plans to change from 7 to 6. Figured it may open up that one space someone may be looking for. I just did 6 and then it searched like I was making another reservation. I was able to do it to all my reservations except 3 of them. Said there were no reservations for that time. When I try to Modify party, it still would have me choose 7 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!