Changing the deed on direct purchased contract to a Trust

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
I suspect this is rare, but does anyone have experience changing a DVC contract to be deeded to a Trust instead of the original purchasers' names?
My husband and I are starting the process of setting up a Trust for our kids, and I was curious what happens if you have to change your deed in terms of does DVC still recognize the contract as a direct purchase? Or does getting a new deed recorded automatically convert the direct purchased contracts into the "resale" category?

The change in legal ownership to trust, accomplished by the issuance of a new deed, from individuals to a trust if which you are the principal current beneficiaries, will result in DVC's still treating the individual owners as the the direct-purchase DVC Members who can reserve the room, and the membership continues to be governed by the same restrictions or lack of restrictions that existed at the time you made the original purchase.

You should also note that regardless of whether you set up a trust or do not set up a trust, the passing of ownership via gift or via demise or trust to your children will result in your children having the same status as owners that you did. Any and all of those "resale" restrictions created after you purchased are inapplicable because the gift or demise is not a resale. I have actually had that confirmed in the past by DVC.

Last edited:
I added ny adult kids last year and all the same benefits stay. It’s a gratuitous transfer.

It was not a trust though but assume process is the same.

Thanks for the answers. Good to know the direct purchase benefits wouldn’t get lost!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!