Character Autographs on Water Bottle

serenitynow

DIS Veteran
Need some advice about character autographs

Has anyone gotten character signatures on a stainless steel water bottle, like a Stanley tumbler? What pen did you use?

We clickable Sharpie pens but I am worried they might smear. Or maybe a finer pen marker might be better🤷

Have you sampled it? Personally I haven't had good luck with "permanent" markers on stainless steel waterbottles. It tends to wipe off easily when I've tried to put initials on for identification.

Have you sampled it? Personally I haven't had good luck with "permanent" markers on stainless steel waterbottles. It tends to wipe off easily when I've tried to put initials on for identification.
No I haven’t sampled any yet. I have just seen pictures of the finished water bottles. I think they look really nice

I think you're better off getting them to sign paper and then scanning it and making a vinyl sticker out of it.
That'd be a lot of work for me since I don't have anything to print the stickers but thought I'd throw it out there.

No I haven’t sampled any yet. I have just seen pictures of the finished water bottles. I think they look really nice
Admittedly I haven't seen pictures. I was just commenting based on my own experience trying to keep DD's waterbottle labeled for her to take to school/sports/etc. Maybe there's something else at play that makes it not work for me.

i've heard that sharpie smears. that would be a BIG bummer to have smears on such an expensive cup, especially after gathering other signatures. I absolutely love this idea, so please do post if you figure out what is best to use!

Characters signed my Hydroflask with a Sharpie. It does smear if your hands are wet or sweaty unfortunately.

The acrylic Sharpies, which are basically paint hold up better BUT they are much harder for the characters to use, and you have to let them dry for a few minutes after signing. They work Ok with face characters but it's pretty hard for the non-face ones to not smear the paint, especially if they have a longer name.

Ok folks, here is what I have gleaned so far. I contacted the Sharpie people and they recommended a product called “sharpie creative markers”. They can be purchased at Amazon, Target or Walmart.

Our trip isn’t till June so I can’t testify to their overall success, but I have tested them on some old enameled steel water bottles.

Sometimes it smears a little if touched immediately after signing. So I purchased a small container of “canned air”, like you use to clean computer keyboards. Quick blast of that canned air immediately after using the pen dries the signature at once.

Not sure if I am going to use the little can of compressed air in the parks or just live dangerously with a little smearing.

I also plan to seal the tumblers once back home with Polycrylic by Minwax, either brush on or spray.

Fingers crossed 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter