Character Performer Height Requirements

livrox05

Earning My Ears
I'm planning on applying to the Disney College Program in the near future and hope to work in entertainment. My dream has always been to be a face character, as I love to act, but the issue for me is that I'm only 5'1 so my options are pretty limited. I can pretty much rule out any of the princesses unless they somehow measure me up two inches which seems really unlikely. I know I can play a lot of the fur characters but I'm really hoping to get a face character alongside that, even if its in a stage production or a parade.

Does anyone know what face characters are around 5'0-5'1? Even the non-traditional Disney characters would be fine (ie Marvel, Villians, etc). Also, are they just as strict about the height requirements for parades as well? I'm just trying to get a sense of what might be possible so I don't get my hopes too high!

Thanks!!

I'm not sure there are any face characters that fall into that height. My dd measures at 5'9'' with Disney, but 5'10'' at her doctor's office. So, if anything, they measure down!!! She tried to get into entertainment for three years, didn't make it due to her height. You may want to accept being in fur, if anything.

I did a few Disneyland Paris character auditions a few years ago. The reality is that they audition huge amounts of people for a very small amount of roles. All the costumes are one size, meaning that YOU have to fit Disney measurements, both height wise and body size. They dont alter costumes to fit individual cm's.

You are about my height and from my research, its really only Mickey, Minnie and Tinkerbell roles that are on the small height range. There may be other rare characters on the small height range, but you would have to be very very lucky to audition on the exact day they are looking for a small rare character.

Also people will turn up to the auditions basically Disney bounding as a princess and then get angry that they didnt get chosen, as they think they look perfect as Sleeping Beauty. This could have been for a variety of reasons, but the most common reason is that the Disney casting have a list of characters, with height and body size requirements. They are looking for a very specific type of person. If you dont fit the requirements they are looking for, no matter whether you are Cinderellas twin and have spent years at drama and dance classes, you wont get through the auditions.

At the auditions, they really are looking for fur characters, the Disney Princesses are usually promoted from the fur character teams.

Honestly if you are applying for the college program, I would put a park based role, as well as entertainment / characters as an option. Just think of it this way, why limit yourself to a very hard to get department when you have the opportunity to work for Disney. Many people will never get that opportunity

Face Characters

Rapunzel and Flynn Rider: Females: 5’4” - 5’7”; Males: 5’10” - 6’1”

Disney Princesses
5’3” - 5’7” including Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, and Jasmine
5’2” - 5’6” Mulan
5’5” - 5’8” Tiana

Disney Princes:
5’10” - 6’2” including Prince Charming, Prince Eric, Aladdin, Prince Naveen, Adam (Bert probably also falls in this range)

Disney Fairies:
Tinker Bell, Faries, and Terence. Females: 4’10” - 5’2”; Males: 5’4” - 5’7” Vidia: 5’4”-5’-6”

5’4”-5’6”: Fauna, Flora, Merryweather and Fairy Godmother

Misc Girls:
Mary Poppins: 5’5”-5’8”
Esmeralda: 5’7”-5’10”
Meg: 5’6”-5’8”
Alice and Wendy: 4’10”-5’4”
Jane: 5’4”-5’6”

Misc Guys:
5’0” (5’4”) - 5’6” Mad Hatter, Peter Pan:
5’8” - 6’1” : Jack Sparrow

Female Villains:
5’6”-5’10” - including Wicked Step-Mother, step-sisters

Male Villains:
Dr. Facilier: 6’0” - 6’6”
Gaston: 5’11” - 6’3”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!