Characters vs. Pin Traders: It's Heated War! A Pixie-Dusted Nerdventure (COMPLETE)

I.

am caught up.
I started reading a few days ago when I noticed that you'd updated, but that it wasn't a TR I was already reading, so I jumped in.
I saw your comments on Newsies PTR, and your screen name didn't click until I noticed your signature.
I realized I follow you on instagram.

Pretty sure i started last summer when I was searching disney hashtags on there, in preparation for my own trip last August. It was probably around the time of your trip, since I was gearing up for my own.

Anyway, fun report!

We're doing a one day whirlwind visit to Universal/IOA in the middle of our Disney World trip this year...you got some good photos and it has me so excited! (although, I feel like I'm cheating on Disney.)

Just checking in quickly Timmy. So sorry your knee was painful:sick: EEK flip flops....I remember the flip flop debacle on one of your other trips, so surprised to see you in them again.:confused3
Glad you had a successful shopping foray into DTD even if it was painful....to you and your wallet:rotfl2:
Sigh...last day:sad:

That's an AWESOME night at DTD! Great food and tons of great pics of great stores... it's all great!

It was! A very successful and expensive last night. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome. :)

Yum! I definitely need to try Earl of Sandwich in the near future!

You definitely do! It's SOOOO good.

I love DTD at night! Glad you had fun shopping, but BOO to it being your last night!

Yeah, but at least our last night ended on a good note even with my leg. :)

Mmmmm nothing like a good night at DTD shopping! AND of course EoS! Yummmm.

Basically. I miss DTD so much!!

Don't you hate it when you've been having such a good time and suddenly you realize oh. I'm leaving. WORST.

It is the worst! Ugghhh, I need to go back ASAP.

I.

am caught up.
I started reading a few days ago when I noticed that you'd updated, but that it wasn't a TR I was already reading, so I jumped in.
I saw your comments on Newsies PTR, and your screen name didn't click until I noticed your signature.
I realized I follow you on instagram.

Yay! :welcome: Glad you could join in! :teeth:

Pretty sure i started last summer when I was searching disney hashtags on there, in preparation for my own trip last August. It was probably around the time of your trip, since I was gearing up for my own.

Anyway, fun report!

We're doing a one day whirlwind visit to Universal/IOA in the middle of our Disney World trip this year...you got some good photos and it has me so excited! (although, I feel like I'm cheating on Disney.)

I'll have to try to find you on IG too. :-)

Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it and that sounds awesome. I felt like I was cheating on Disney too, but it was worth it. Universal and IoA are amazing theme parks in their own right and HP world is BRILLIANT. Enjoy yourself!

Just checking in quickly Timmy. So sorry your knee was painful:sick: EEK flip flops....I remember the flip flop debacle on one of your other trips, so surprised to see you in them again.:confused3

It was rough, but flip flops were not a problem this trip since I decided to use them during times when I wouldn't be walking all that much. No barefootedness on this trip lol

Glad you had a successful shopping foray into DTD even if it was painful....to you and your wallet:rotfl2:
Sigh...last day:sad:

It was worth it. My wallet and my leg both just had to suck it up.

Gonna have to start posting those last day posts soon. :''(

One Last Magical Morning Under The Sea
June 28th, 2014

I went to bed at around one or two in the morning and set a wake-up call for about 5:30am. And I woke up, completely ready to take on the day. I was not in the mood to waste a perfectly good final day in the parks and I got right to work as if I had gotten a proper 8 to 10 hour nap. I showered, changed, finished packing and the like. I eventually woke up Nate and then found time for one last morning mirror selfie.

Yup, I had donned the new Olaf t-shirt I bought at the Norway pavilion a few days before. It was inevitable.

While Nate got ready, I took the time to rest my knee, which still wasn't back to its normal working self and take some more last minute photos.

A closer look at my propped up (and still screwed up) leg:

And then my amazing packing job!

I'M NOT READY TO GO! I'M NOT REEEEAAAADDDYYYY!!!

Lucky for me, this was what Nate's side of the room looked like.

He however was not heading on the same flight home as myself and couldn't use airline check-in so once he was up and ready to help me with my bags, we were headed out to go to airline check-in.

On the way down, we passed by Hourglass Lake, which was looking exceedingly gorgeous this morning. I wasn't able to grab my camera so Nate offered to take it while I checked in my bags (since, in all honesty, I didn't really need him to help me carry my bags). I told him where it was plugged in in the room and then headed on my way. Here were Nate's resulting captures:

Meanwhile, I went through airline check-in like a breeze.

Photo taken later in the day.

It was very quick and the CMs were very efficient. Nate did come later to double check if he could use airline check-in, but because I didn't register that flight for a luggage tag (i.e. it was too late), he wasn't able to or something along those lines. Either way he couldn't use it, which he was fine with and we moved on from there. We still had carry-ons to take care of and continued to the bag check, which wasn't opened yet so we went inside to wait a little bit...

Normally, I'd be all over this like "NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!!! YOU KNOW THE RULES!!!" But at this point, I was starting to be all "Same." The trip was ending and as much as the re-energization was beginning, I was still exhausted. I wasn't planning on falling asleep any time soon and with camera in hand, I was back in business for one last day in my happy place!

Eventually, bag check was opened. We brought all the excess carry-ons there along with all of Nate's stuff and we were set. My card was on-record so no need to formally check-out, WOOT! Nate and I had left a few things in the room to take to the park though so we went back to the room one last time.

MK was our designated park for the day due to the location of our ADR and after spending most of our time there, we decided to not rush over there, even though I'd LOVE to be there for the Welcome show, we took our time to take in as much as we could of AoA and our lovely Mermaid room before we'd depart the room for good.

That shower was way too perfect. I miss it so.

One last glance...

A nice tip left for our mousekeeper and we were out! Goodbye my cozy little clam shell bed, I am missing you forevs!

We still had some time before MK was to open so we decided to check out a bit more of The Little Mermaid section...

OMG SEBASTIAN! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE HERE! WE MUST GET A PHOTO TOGETHER!

AAAAHHHH SEBASTIAN!!! #starstruck #iworshiphim

Oh hai Ariel and Flounder!

And after that photoshoot, it was time to head out to catch our motorcoach!

The Magic Kingdom motorcoach was running a little late, but we still would be there right for opening so it was no biggie. Eventually, it came and we were off to the most magical place on Earth for one last time! #bittersweet

Continued Here

Last edited:

Aww what a bittersweet morning :( but you'll have plenty more Disney adventures, so YAY for future trips!!!!

I can't wait to stay at Art of Animation again- though that LM room is going to be cramped with our family of 5! We stayed in a Cars suite last time, but my mom and sister were with us.

Can't wait to here how you spent your last morning at MK!

WOW AoA is so gorgeous. :worship: Love all the beautiful pics you took. Those that Nate took of the Lake were also top notch. The shower is amazing, the theming in the room is just so cute:fish:

Nate looked more like he was unconscious so you could still say 'no sleeping in Disney'

Man oh man do I miss Art of Animation! That resort is just THE BEST. It's always so bittersweet on your last day. I'm guessing y'all made the most of it though, can't wait to see what you did! :)

Aww what a bittersweet morning :( but you'll have plenty more Disney adventures, so YAY for future trips!!!!

It was, but yeah! *crossing fingers*

I can't wait to stay at Art of Animation again- though that LM room is going to be cramped with our family of 5! We stayed in a Cars suite last time, but my mom and sister were with us.

Can't wait to here how you spent your last morning at MK!

It's the best, but wow family of 5 in a LM room, that is gonna be CRAMPED. Still, worth it for a perfect room.

I'll be updating in just a bit. :)
WOW AoA is so gorgeous. :worship: Love all the beautiful pics you took. Those that Nate took of the Lake were also top notch. The shower is amazing, the theming in the room is just so cute:fish:

Nate looked more like he was unconscious so you could still say 'no sleeping in Disney'

IT IS! Definitely my go-to value now (although I'm not opposed to Pop either). And yeah, Nate definitely picked the right moment to get those. Love looking at them! :goodvibes

He was, but I was at that point where I felt like "Today might be the day that I actually sleep in Disney." O_O

Man oh man do I miss Art of Animation! That resort is just THE BEST. It's always so bittersweet on your last day. I'm guessing y'all made the most of it though, can't wait to see what you did! :)

Same! I might have to visit every trip lol It was a bittersweet day, but we made the best of it for sure. :thumbsup2

Some Alone Time With Walt, Mickey & Cindy's Castle Part I
June 28th, 2014

We arrived at MK a few minutes shy of the park opening, which means we caught a little bit of the Rope Drop show! I was really regretting not leaving earlier since I totally forgot about it starting much earlier than when the park opens for some reason. *sigh* I still got to see a little bit of it and got some pictures while waiting in line for bag check.

My notes say that "Nate had major issues with MB+" so we didn't just show up at Bag Check like that. Or maybe I did to get a head start since I still wasn't fully operational on only one good foot. At some point, we were together by the time I entered into the park. It was such a pretty morning so having to slow it down gave me so many opportunities to take it all in and get as many last minute photos as possible.

Like I said, Nate caught up with me at some point and we decided that now was the best time to return to Sir Mickey's to see if we could find a Sven for Rishi!

Or maybe it was just because we couldn't not walk through the Castle at least once. I think you could say all-in-all it was just win win for everyone in preconceived retrospect (if that makes any sense at all lol). Okay, what I really mean to say is... YAY WE GET TO WALK THROUGH THE CASTLE!!!

Those murals though. :love: And after seeing the new live action, these give me so much life. Cinderella is just such a perf princess tale. Love it!

Oh look, Sir Mickey's yonder!

Mickey, there are giants in the sky! Big, tall, terrible giants in the sky! Be careful!

We looked around and went back to where we found the Svens two nights before and no sign of the adorkable reindeer. We decided to ask some CMs about the Svens and they told us they always go in a day. Same with the Anna and Elsa dolls, which were already low in stock. We asked if they would possibly be restocked and they said they never know, but if we saw it restocked a day ago, probably not. They did suggest the Emporium, but we never saw them in there ever. Nate was adamant so I asked if I could split off to just walk around without having to worry about this whole Sven search. He agreed and while he booked it to the Emporium, I decided to spend some time with this gorgeousness:

Continued Here

Last edited:
Some Alone Time With Walt, Mickey & Cindy's Castle Part II
June 28th, 2014

I realized I hadn't stopped by Cindy's wishing well so I started walking that way, admiring the castle along the way...

Of course, that didn't last long. Once you catch a glimpse of Cinderella's Wishing Well, there's no looking back. Also, it was my first time seeing it so I had to spend some quality time and with nobody around... what better time to!

I don't remember how much time I spent around the Wishing Well, but it was quite awhile. Nobody around. Just me and the Wishing Well. It was so unbelievably magical, especially since I had a coin to spare to throw in the well. Like I actually was getting use out of it. Literally, my new favorite place in the Magic Kingdom and paired with this quiet morning atmosphere. That Disney magic was returning full blast today.

Then, I walked away and still...

It was almost like I had the Kingdom to myself sometimes and these beautiful visages were all for me. Then, I found myself back at Walt and noticed some of his friends hanging around. I decided to say hi to them all. First, to my boy Pluto...

That sun flare though.

What? A "hi" is not enough for us when we're together. Ever.

Alright.

Hey Pinocch!

Good morning Dumbo sir!

Hey Brer Rabbit! You know I think you and my 13 year old self could've been twins?

Or have we not moved on from that? :B

Looks like Minnie has drawn a crowd, I'll just wave from over here.

Heya Goof! What you doing with your finger up there?

Nevermind, I don't want to know.

OMG, the Chippies! Nice to see you two again on this lovely morning!

Don't worry Donald, I didn't forget about you. Save the best for last, am I right? ;)

I don't even know. My face... I just... I can't.

And then to wish a good morning to the Kings of this Kingdom! Thanks Mickey and Walt for allowing for this most magical of mornings to happen! :)

Of course, thanks again to Cindy as well! Love ya gurl!

The plan was to meet back up with Nate before doing anything else in MK so I headed back down Main Street to the Emporium.

And I ended up cutting through Casey's to get there, something I didn't know you could do, but I did anyways.

It took awhile to find Nate, who was just searching in haste. There were no Svens anywhere and thus our Sven hunt ended unsuccessfully. Luckily, Nate had already bought a pin for Rishi so we wouldn't be coming home empty-handed for him. This then left me the opportunity to look for something to get for my sisters. Nate was also thinking of stuff to buy for people back home. After a lengthy search (I am the king of horrible decision makers), I finally decided on these cute keychains.

I also might've bought a new lanyard for myself here. I forget what it was he got, but Nate bought something too, which gave me a moment to pull out a Times Guide and give a quick lookover. It said Tiana was supposed to come out soon. I had to go meet her and what better time then for her first meeting of the day! Nate agreed since he didn't really have any ideas for what to do since we'd already conquered Magic Kingdom pretty much. After he paid, we slowly made our way over to Liberty Square. Liberty Square was completely vacant and especially around Tiana's greeting area, which meant... FIRST IN LINE FOR MAH GURL!!! OH TIA TIA TIAAAAAAA!!!!

Continued Here

Last edited:
What a perfectly beautiful morning at MK! I really think one of the best things you can do at Disney and stop and look around and just admire the beauty because there's SO MUCH of it. :)

Too bad y'all didn't get to get a Sven for your friend. Maybe next time. ;)

What a perfectly beautiful morning at MK! I really think one of the best things you can do at Disney and stop and look around and just admire the beauty because there's SO MUCH of it. :)

It really is. I totally wish I could be enjoying another beautiful MK morning right now. *sigh*

Too bad y'all didn't get a Sven for your friend. Maybe next time. ;)

Yeah, we shall see. :teeth:

Oh Tia, Tia, Tia, This Has Been LONG Overdue! Part I
June 28th, 2014

We got there around 15 minutes before Tiana was scheduled to come out so we had some waiting. In that time, our line grew to us and a little girl with her family. It stayed like that right up until Tiana was meant to make her entrance and when she finally did.

I admit I was a little starstruck when she came out, especially when she said in her perfect Souther accent, "Hello, how y'all doing?"

*swoon*

I WAS SO EXCITED!!!

I immediately handed Nate my camera right as the Attendant removed the rope so we could walk up to meet her. Note, you do not walk you either speed walk, excitedly speed walk or run when meeting Tiana. Nothing more, nothing less. This time I was a bit nervous because STARSTRUCK so it was more of an excited speed walk. Next time, it will definitely be a run. Not enough to frighten her, but just the right amount of jog. Anyways, I got to walk right up to her and was greeted with another "Hello" and a sweet Southern embrace. The hug kinda surprised me. I'm usually a huge hugger, but not with face characters so it took me aback, but I love hugs. So yeah, Tiana is actually the best.

I had my autograph book out and ready and she took immediate notice. And when the Queen Princess asks for an autograph book, you give it to her in the most awkward way possible.

This was how the rest of the conversation went...

Tiana: *looks at Timmy's shirt* "Are you so hot you're cool?"

Timmy: *looks at her confusedly* *realizes she looked at the shirt* "Oh, oh yeah! I mean... yeeeaaahh." *gestures to shirt* *gives the “obviously” face*

Tiana: *giggles* *hands back autograph book* "So do you like Olaf?"

Timmy: "Oh yeah, love Olaf, but I love you too."

Tiana: *blushes*

Timmy: *looks at camera* "Can we take a picture?"

Tiana: "Sure!"

Timmy: *offers arm* *accidentally elbows Tiana in the boob while turning to the camera*

Tiana: *squeaks*

Timmy: *whispers* Sorry.

Okay and now the accompanying photos to this conversation...

Then, the photos you actually want to see. Tiana and I are too presh.

After Nate got our photos (the Photopass guy was taking a little break, which I didn't find out until later), I pulled out my iPhone and turned to Tiana and started to talk at the same time as her. Awkward. Being the Southern Belle she is, she let me finish. Being the awkward Northern Gent I am, I was going to let her go on, but she was insistent. I asked her if she would say hi to my sister for me, holding up my phone signaling how I would do so. She nodded and I backed up as far as I could to get her entirely in the shot, which ended up with me nearly in the bayou. Yup, still awkward. She then asked for her name, to which I responded appropriately, and then where she was. I said "Home", the obvious answer, but I always overthink that question for the weirdest reason. I then said, "New Hampshire" catching myself in my awkwardness. Eventually, I got a video that I posted later on on Instagram for the little sis when we left the Magic Kingdom for our ADR. I have since uploaded that video to YouTube for your viewing pleasure:

And here are some behind-the-scenes photos courtesy of Nate:

After, I thanked Tiana and bid her adieu. We then checked the time and started heading out of the Magic Kingdom to hitch a boat ride over to the Grand Floridian for our breakfast ADR. I was in such awe of the fact I got to meet my fave Princess I didn't get a photo until here:

Continued Here

Last edited:
Oh Tia, Tia, Tia, This Has Been LONG Overdue! Part II
June 28th, 2014

I'll let the rest of the photos I took tell the story of our journey to the Grand Flo. They're much more eloquent writers than myself.

Ooo Artsy

Hello fellow passengers!

I love a good boat ride and when you arrive at the gorgeousness ahead. There... are no words. More pictures as we walked through the Grand Floridian towards our ADR destination.

If you didn't already know, this was my first time at the Grand. The closest I had gotten before this time was on the monorail and I was in total awe already. I had seen many photos before, but nothing prepared for me what it felt like to see the Grand Lobby. I mean...

In the words of Beyonce: "Flawless."

Of course, we had to check-in at our ADR so brb lobby. And hello...

Continued Here

Last edited:
What an awesome greet with Tiana- and how sweet that she made a video for your sister!

Can't wait to hear what you thought about 1900 Park Fare!

Love the meet and greet with your fav.:thumbsup2
Your photos seem to make me long for the days of my childhood .

I'm spending lots of time reminiscing about all my trips to Disneyland and wishing I was there.:tinker:
It's fun to look at pictures from the first few visits the first few years it was open. Our clothing and hairstyles....:rotfl2:plus seeing how they evolved and pictures in front of or on each attraction as they originally opened ....priceless. Sigh.. :sad: How did I let this slip away, don't you think we all should be THERE:confused3. One of my very favorite openings was POC and NO Square (also Haunted Mansion). But of course 55 and 56 will be my favorite visits ever:cheer2:

What an awesome greet with Tiana- and how sweet that she made a video for your sister!

Tiana's the best. Definitely a character I MUST visit every time I'm in a Disney park.

Can't wait to hear what you thought about 1900 Park Fare!

I can't wait to tell you about it! It was a lovely meal.

Sounds like an awesome meet with Tiana! She's so wonderful.

She is! One of the best M&Gs of the trip. :goodvibes

OHHH THE GRAND. :love: :love: :love:

My reaction basically.

Love the meet and greet with your fav.:thumbsup2
Your photos seem to make me long for the days of my childhood .

Tiana is the best! Definitely going to visit her on every trip.

Awww, I'm glad. You saying that makes me feel closer to Walt. :)

I'm spending lots of time reminiscing about all my trips to Disneyland and wishing I was there.:tinker:
It's fun to look at pictures from the first few visits the first few years it was open. Our clothing and hairstyles....:rotfl2:plus seeing how they evolved and pictures in front of or on each attraction as they originally opened ....priceless. Sigh.. :sad: How did I let this slip away, don't you think we all should be THERE:confused3. One of my very favorite openings was POC and NO Square (also Haunted Mansion). But of course 55 and 56 will be my favorite visits ever:cheer2:

Oh how I'd love to be in Disneyland and how I'd LOOOOVVEEE to have been there when it opened. What a wonderful time to be alive! Really hoping that in the coming year I will be able to go visit Walt's original park, it sounds even more amazing every time I see or hear of it. *happy sigh*

“I’ll Always Be Young At Heart, Alice.”
June 28th, 2014

1900 Park Fare definitely had the most packed waiting area, even more so than Be Our Guest. There was a little bit of a line we had to wait in to check-in. When we checked in, we ended up checking in with a CM just earning her ears. She seemed a little frazzled, but got help and soon we were all set, given a buzzer and told we could go hang in the Grand Flo lobby until our table was ready. We did so, curling up on a couch and...

I wasn't sleeping. I was just uh... resting my eyes. Nate was sleeping.

NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!!

But really, it was hitting me now. I was pushing through all this pain in my knee, what was now lack of sleep and a lot of go-go-go these past few days. Sleep in Disney didn't seem so bad. Maybe once... but I wasn't going to let an intense week of Disney and Universal going to take me down just yet. I eventually got back to taking some more stable photos of the stunning lobby I was in.

Apparently that was all I got. I think I might've just stopped to take it all in, which was a worthy excuse.

Nate eventually woke up. We had waited about 15 minutes now so Nate got a little antsy and started talking to a Disney Cruise Line CM in the lobby. She was one of the older CMs and super sweet. I didn't want to get up from my couch so I let him have his conversation even though I could hear it all and wanted to put my two cents in so bad, but I had a whole day of walking ahead of me so I knew I needed the rest.

When Nate came back over, I checked my phone and realized it was nearly a half hour after our ADR time. I got a little concerned. We waited a few more minutes and finally headed back to the check-in desk. I had to deal with the frazzled CM so it was time for Nate to handle figuring out what was up. I took more photos of the Grand Flo details in the mean time.

Eventually, after a short conversation with one of the hostesses, we handed our buzzer back right as it went off. Then, we were sent to get the obligatory 1900 Park Fare photo in front of the pretty Castle mural. This was when not getting Memory Maker bit me in the butt, because we got a really awesome photo of the both of us, no characters, and we either had to buy it or put it on Memory Maker. I wasn't down to buying it so it flittered away off into land of abandoned Photopass photos.

We then waited out in front of the entrance into the dining area. It was another five or ten minutes when finally a lovely British hostess grabbed us and brought us to our table.

I was very happy to finally be seated.

Excuse the fact this was taken from the most awkward angle EVER.

Our waiter, Desi (I think that's what his name was), came over almost right after we sat down and took our drink orders. I ended up getting a soda even if it was breakfast, but you know I'm on vacation and I don't care. I think Nate got either milk or orange juice. After that, he poured us some breakfast juice that was actually pretty nice.

We spared no time after getting all our stuff situated and headed to the buffet. I knew I had to get the Strawberry Soup so I immediately went looking for that. I went up and down, side to side, round and round the buffet... No Strawberry Soup. I hoped it was they were refilling it so I took my time and got other things. I did another once over after and still no Strawberry Soup anywhere. No space for it anywhere. I was sad, but what I got looked pretty good.

Starting from the Mickey Waffle and moving clockwise, I got sausages, Lobster Benedict (eggs with lobster... I think that's the right name), home fries mixed with some beef and bacon. It was all pretty good. The home fry mix was probably my favorite followed by the lobster (because lobster). The bacon was also really good, which I feel is rare outside of my house (I have a particular taste for bacon). Some of the food was a bit too cold, even for a buffet, but still tasted good. I also realized that I'm really not down for Mickey Waffles without the heavenly candied strawberries. In short, nothing amazing to rave about, but I was able to eat the food relatively before characters came, drink some Sprite and take a photo of this guy (below) before any characters came so that was the plus to it all.

Mary Poppins was the first to stop by our table. She asked how we were doing and I had a bit of a pause because I wanted to say the perfect response and got tongue tied. Luckily, Nate saved me for a moment when I blurted out, "Practically perfect in every way!" Mary gave me a weird look. Another awkward interaction courtesy of me.

At least we got a nice photo together...

She also asked if Nate would like one. He wasn't in the mood for any characters today, but he obliged. The photo had a bit too much exposure, but I'll post it anyways.

Pooh came by not too long after Mary. He was super adorable. Holding his tummy as Pooh does, I asked if he wanted any food, but he wasn't into that. We took a quick photo together.

Note the napkin still in my hand. It was really a QUICK photo.

Tigger came kinda out of nowhere with a big, aggressive hug. It took me aback, but it was Tigger so it was fine. And we got this adorable photo as a result:

This was actually my Facebook profile pic for a little bit.

He did the same with Nate. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the same type of photo as Nate got of me and him, but it still was nice (minus the fact he was SOOO obviously hiding his teeth in his smile. Ughhhh.)

We cleaned our plates, went up for some quick seconds while waiting for Alice and Mad Hatter. We however ended up sitting there just loitering with our drinks waiting for the two Wonderland characters. Eventually, it became too long and we were ready to go. I just couldn't because they were the two characters I'd never met before and booked this ADR for. Finally, we caught our waiter as he came to ask if he wanted the check and we asked if there was a way he could get Alice and the Mad Hatter over to our table because we were ready to leave and had yet to meet him. He talked to the attendant and she was gracious enough to send them right on over.

Alice was the first to come over and she was the absolute BEST!

As you can tell, we had a lovely conversation. I don't remember most of the verbatim so I shall describe it. She greeted us with a cheerful, British hello and asked how we were, the normal greeting. Then, she asked if we were celebrating anything. I told her that Nate and I had just graduated. She seemed impressed, but then she went on this tirade about how she never graduated and could never finish her studies. Then she said, "But you're not grown ups, right?" I immediately answered "yes", not thinking straight at the time. Alice gave me kind of a sad look at this. I caught myself and said, "But we'll always be young at heart." She liked that and then we took our photo together (actually PHOTOS because Alice was being too dang cute).

Then, she asked Nate if he wanted a photo. I think he was actually happy about this one:

The Mad Hatter was at the table across from us when Alice left. He was being super loud and funny so I was definitely excited for how our interaction would go down. After wiping his hands off after taking a picture with a baby, he greeted us and asked where we were from then we took a photo. In short, he was a bit of a let down for me.

"Don't, let's be silly!"

Nate did not appreciate my tongue (although you HAVE to take a silly photo with the Mad Hatter). I took a second normal one because I know Nate was not going to be happy if I was going to be super stubborn about having a silly photo with the king of silly.

Nate then got a photo with him too.

I also should mention that I got autographs from Mad Hatter and Mary along with Alice, even though she was the only one I got a photo of signing my book. I already had Pooh and Tigger's from when I went to Crystal Palace on my first trip and my dad got a card because we celebrated his birthday (link to that TR in my signature).

Moving on, we got our check, got that situated (I paid the tip for this one) and then we were out. Goodbye 1900 Park Fare, it was lovely! :-)

We weren't in a rush to get back to the Magic Kingdom so we took our time. Nate had to use the bathroom so we headed upstairs to find them. I took photos along the way.

We ended up taking the elevator, which is why Nate did get this photo for me.

We ended up having to walk all the way to the opposite side of the elevator to get to the bathrooms, right next to these lovely dining locations.

As much as I would love to go to Victoria & Albert's myself, I really would like to meet a person who has been there because I know NO ONE. Seriously, if you have eaten there please let me know because I want to know that it's actually a place where you can eat and plan a vacation around it.

After being intrigued by the upscale dining of the Grand Floridian, I was captivated by the closeness to the chandelier on this level and the piano playing coming from the Tea room. Too bad he was predisposed over there, not to play in the lobby where I could've given him some requests. It was still lovely from up above.

Speaking of tea...

Grand Flo, you are flawless.

Nate came out from the bathroom and we went right out to the monorail station, where, lucky for us, one was waiting for us. I was sad to see my first visit at the Grand Floridian to end so quickly, but I still had a full day at Magic Kingdom or whatever park I ended up going to to enjoy. For now, see ya real soon Grand Flo!

You are exquisite.

While riding the monorail, I got a message from an Instagram/DISBoards friend who said she was going to be at EPCOT that day. I told myself that if I were to go to another park not Magic Kingdom that day, it would be Animal Kingdom. I wasn't sure what to do so I asked Nate. He said he wasn't budging from Magic Kingdom, but that I could go wherever.

We'll see what my decision is when I get to the bottom of this ramp...

Continued Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter