Charges to the room?

bocaj1431

DIS Veteran
I have only been to DW one other time and that was with a package deal. I was given the key to the world card and all charges for food and purchases were made with this card.

This is my first trip as a DVC member. I am staying at AKL first and then BLT. Will I still be given a key to the world card? If so will I be able to use the same one through the entire stay; or, will I have to pay my bill at AKL and then receive a new card upon arrival at BLT?

You will get one card for each stay- they are separate stays with separate bills, and if you buy dining plans separate plans. You can choose to put a credit card on file and have charging to your room or you can choose to pay in other ways you are not required to put a credit card on file for a DVC stay.

You will get one card for each stay- they are separate stays with separate bills, and if you buy dining plans separate plans. You can choose to put a credit card on file and have charging to your room or you can choose to pay in other ways you are not required to put a credit card on file for a DVC stay.

Thank you. ;)

The key is really the key to your room and you can specify whether charges are allowed for the key. You will get one key for each registered guest, so you may not want to allow charging for a minor child or unrelated adult, so you can restrict charging for a particular key. The key is used for charging, entering the room, early park entry and it can have park tickets added to it. The keys will be reissued when you change resorts.

They are currently testing a system that will replace the key with a wristband, once they do that you will be able to use the same wristband for the entire length of stay, but probably still get separate bills for each hotel stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter