Charise & Jordan's DCL Wedding!! Disney Dream Onboard - Dec 8 - Update: I'M BACK! Travel Day Part 2

Love the suit! It looks really sharp. My FH is wearing brown shoes too! He was pretty specific about that as well, but I really like them too! haha

Love this! True love is being all parts of yourself with each other. Sounds like you two are a good fit!:)

Aw thanks!!! What is it with guys and their shoes? I thought girls were crazy about shoes, but it seems pretty even amounts of crazy on both sides.

Flowers, Cake, and sell-your-kidney-priced Dom Perignon

I loved the idea of taking several minutes tops to decide on things like flowers and cake. If we'd gone our original route and done the Escape or Wishes wedding on land, we'd have had more choices, and that would've been fine, too. But it's been awesome not having to blow my mind hole on specific stuff, especially right now since I'm working full-time and just went back to school for my 2nd masters (because I'm a masochist). DF is doing the same, so at the end of the day the last thing we want to discuss is the pantone color chart in relation to ceremony floral.

Flowers were pretty easy. Since it's winter time during the ceremony, I didn't want something too island-y. My family's from Hawaii, so orchids and other tropical flowers to me are a little meh. They're beautiful flowers, but classic won out in this case, so we went with the calla lilies. I liked the deep purple/red color they offer ("majestic red"), but I'm afraid it'll look a little goth/death-like. I also liked the lighter purple/pink ("garnet glow"), but only if it was more purple than pink. Our wedding planner sent me a picture to get a better idea of the colors.

I'm not sure if this helped. The color choices written in our ceremony planning guide were crystal white, garnet glow, majestic red, orange mango, and florex gold. So what the DEUCE is that orangey-red colored one on the right?! Either way, DF said the purple or dark ones I wanted would clash with his navy blue tux so we forfeited all color and chose the crystal white calla lilies.

The cake was pretty simple. The options were chocolate, vanilla, and marble cake, and cake filling was vanilla bean buttercream, lemon buttercream, raspberry buttercream, chocolate truffle buttercream, white chocolate truffle mouse, and milk chocolate caramel ganache. They also had a specialty option with chocolate fudge cake and chocolate ganache. For the top tier we chose vanilla with lemon buttercream, and chocolate with raspberry buttercream for the bottom tier. I was thinking chocolate truffle mouse with the chocolate cake, but DF vetoed arguing the case for "too much chocolate".... I never realized there could be such a thing as too much chocolate. But he likes cake more than I do, so raspberry buttercream it is.

We also got our own cake topper to bring with us. The wedding package comes with a cute Mickey and Minnie topper, but I'd always wanted to choose my cake topper, and I ended up using my credit card points to get this pretty one:

When I got it in the mail, it was a lot bigger than I thought. I laughed because the dimensions say it's 1lb and 6inches (which is the max height and weight allowed for the topper for the DCL wedding cakes), but DAMN, it was big. Luckily I found a pic of another DCL bride with the same idea, and I think it'll be fine.

And instead of the roses and braid around the tier bases, we chose the one with the hidden Mickeys...

One of the easiest choices we made was champagne.

Dom Perignon is expensive. I've never had it, but when I googled it, the prices ranged from $200 to $2000!!! I'm thinking the price per bottle on the boat may be well around $300-400. And that's US dollars, not Venezuelan dollars. DF's and my tastebuds are striving for middle class at this point in our lives, so who knows if we'd even be able to tell apart a cheap bottle of champagne from an expensive one. And half our parents (meaning half our guest list) don't really drink at all. So pour me some comes-with-the-package Fairy Tale Cuvee, dear sir, because if I'm going to sell my kidney for something I can't afford, it won't be Dom Perignon. It'll be a pony. And Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Small bridezilla moment, or bride-phibian moment, if you will.

Ever watched the show, Bridezillas? Or read stories about Bridezillas online? Here's a keeper:

"I had a friend that threw a temper tantrum, complete with screaming and foot stomping, because her grandmother had the audacity to die a few hours before her wedding. She said it would throw off the seating arrangements, because now there would be a big empty space. She is currently half way through her 2nd divorce."

The last thing I want to be called is that dirty, dirty bridal pun that fuses such a beautiful noun, "bride", with a dinosaur known for consistently flat-lining San Francisco.

But there comes a time during your wedding planning, be it a big or small event, when you realize you are never in full control, and the zilla looms near.

We've got it pretty easy, since our wedding guest list is made up of 5 whole people. Controlling things like "chocolate or vanilla cake?" and "pianist or not pianist?" was a cinch. Which is AWESOME, because I'm trying to stay far far away from wedding detail claustrophobia - you know that feeling where you can't breathe because the envelope used to envelope the RSVP envelope is not fitting in the main envelope.

DF and I had filled out our planning journal, sent it in with our decisions, and just received it back with our time/location/etc. assignments for the ceremony. Of course I didn't even notice it until DF mentioned it - our ceremony time was moved just slightly. When previously on the phone with my planner, she mentioned several time slots to choose from - around noon, 3:30, and 4:45. After speaking with my photographer about lighting for our post-ceremony pics, and taking into consideration our parents wanting to get off the boat for a little bit that morning, we chose 3:30. Sunset apparently is 5:20PM, and if the ceremony, cake cutting and dancing all concludes by 4:30, that gives us a 1 hour window before it gets dark. Knowledgeable photographer says that'll be cutting it close but should be doable. Whew, great.

So, I had a "Wait, say what?" moment when the returned planning journal confirmed a 4:00-5:00PM time. SHWAT?! Oh no no, Disney, I remember being told 3:30. 3:30. In the world of competitive bodybuilding and wedding photography, at least an hour is needed before sunset for photos. I really want those beautiful photos that our photographer had taken of other DCL brides around the deck of the ship. Having a gorgeous backdrop is one of the reasons why we wanted to get married on a cruise boat in the first place! If we run even a little past 5PM, then we might completely miss the opportunity for outside photos! Havoc wreckage would run amok! Panic spilleth over!! Chaos would penetrate the seams of our happiness and turn an easy-going wedding party into a toothless mob of crazies!!! The chain reaction in this case would go something like this:

Delayed ceremony --> delayed reception --> 20 minutes of rushing around to get photographed before sunset --> upset bride --> upset groom --> upset mother-in-law --> mother-in-law uses newfound anger as reason to pitch step-mother-in-law overboard

Melodramatic much? :thumbsup2

So, in the midst of my hysteria-ridden bridezilla haze, I politely (no really, I was polite) emailed our wedding planner and asked to move the ceremony time up. Wish me luck. :tongue:

Makeup, Hair, and Why Michelle Phan Makes Me Want to Jump Off a Bridge.

Hair
I'm an emotional hair cutter. When the defiant I-can-do-what-I-want-so-suck-it mood strikes me, I'll lop off all my thin Asian hair into a pixie cut. And about 2 weeks later I'm complaining to DF that I miss my long hair, so I'll grow it all back out. And then after another sweaty Texas summer dealing with my long and unluscious locks getting constantly caught under my equally sweaty armpits, I'll lop it all off again. And the vicious cycle continues. So naturally, growing out my hair for the wedding has been fraught with much whining and many a haircutting threat.

I've decided to wear a veil, and my mom is making me a beautiful fingertip one with lace edges and a pretty pearl and rhinestone comb. I'm still not sure I'll do a half-up or a full up-do. My hair is thin and black, so standing out on deck with the wind and my attractive ability to sweat on cue, I'm afraid my hair will take a turn towards wet, stringy, drunk Tara Reid hair. So pulling it back may be what happens.

Shellac hair to head?

Gamble with weather destiny?

Wet Tara Reid hair.

Makeup
I refuse to get up any earlier than 5:50AM for work. That leaves me 30 min to get ready before I have to drive to the park-n-ride. So my makeup routine is typically downsized to a measly tinted moisturizer, eyebrow shmear and mascara.

There are no makeup artists onboard the Disney cruise boats. You'd think that would be something they should consider, since so many weddings happen on their boats. Maybe it doesn't breakeven financially or something. Either way, makeup is every woman for herself. Unless you have someone in your wedding party that does makeup, or you're lucky enough to get a hair dresser on the boat who can help with your makeup as I've seen with some other DCL brides. I don't think they're licensed or trained makeup artists, though.

Pretty smoky eye and classic look

Michelle Phan
I'm a bit of a research freak, and Youtube has been my go-to for wedding makeup tutorials. The more I watched these videos, though, the more I realized I'm no more talented at applying makeup than the squirrel on 10th and Congress Ave was talented at not getting run over by a food truck.

Freaking Michelle Phan. Freaking Michelle, with her simple tutorials and flawless skin. Her flawless skin and even more flawless application skills get me nowhere in my quest for appropriate bridal makeup proficiency. So, in lieu of melting down in my bathroom, I sought out the warm embrace of a knowledgeable and sympathetic MAC artist. I showed her several Asian bridal pics I found on google (cough and one Kim Kardashian pic cough), and she spent 3 hours showing me every single thing I need to do, and every brush, tube, and compact to do it with. In return, I spent a minimum of $60 on whatever makeup I thought I needed. It ended up being more than $60. We'll leave it at that.

The plan is to practice my makeup on the weekends, especially this weekend and next, since those 2 Saturdays are when I have my last 2 dress alteration appointments. Wish me luck!

Effortless makeup tutorial my @$$

UPDATE: I also confirmed that 3:30 will be the ceremony time! WHEW! I did have a mini stroke when Disney sent 2 emails confirming my "4:00PM ceremony time". I received those emails while at my makeup appointment and I refused to wait till I got home to email them back. I was texting my email out on my phone while the very patient MAC lady buffed out my panic-induced double chin.

Last edited:

Yay! I am glad you got the time you wanted confirmed! And I totally get it with being a research freak - I do the same thing. Hope you and your fiance are doing well! :)

Yay! I am glad you got the time you wanted confirmed! And I totally get it with being a research freak - I do the same thing. Hope you and your fiance are doing well! :)

Thanks! It's such a small change in ceremony time (only 30 min earlier), but when you're spending serious cash on a photographer, 30 min ends up making a big difference.

3 weeks left til the cruise! We're ok, just taking everything in stride and trying not to run around crazy with our arms flung in the air lol. Hope yall are good, too! I'm sure it's chilly already up in Minnesota?:wave2:

Last edited:
Ahh 3 weeks! That is so soon! How exciting! We are just in the name gathering Save the Date process right now. Our invite list keeps growing! Eek. haha It is actually not too cold yet, thank goodness! Only in the 50s and no snow! It is perfect for this Texan. I am still in denial about winter. Hope you have a good week of wedding planning and work! :)

Ahh 3 weeks! That is so soon! How exciting! We are just in the name gathering Save the Date process right now. Our invite list keeps growing! Eek. haha It is actually not too cold yet, thank goodness! Only in the 50s and no snow! It is perfect for this Texan. I am still in denial about winter. Hope you have a good week of wedding planning and work! :)

LOL'd about your growing guest list. That's what happened to us, too, when we were considering an at-home wedding. I'm sure you'll be able to reign in your list :thumbsup2

Austin just dipped into the 50's, but I doubt it'll get lower any time soon. Stay warm!!! Happy planning!!!

Music choices FINALLY!

I think I mentioned in a previous post that my and DF's parents are a little different - DF's parents would probably cry when they see that ASPCA commercial with Sarah McLachlan (edit: I originally typed Alanis Morisette, but DF corrected me and made me change this. Heee...) singing in the background. My parents would probably make a comment about setting rabid dogs on animal abusers and change the channel. So DF's moms were emotional when they talked to him about choosing songs. My dad and I communicated via text the whole time, and I think my mom said something along the lines of "Good luck, you know your dad can't dance."

DF knew anything he chose would put his mom over the edge. He also needed to choose a song to dance with his stepmom, because not dancing with her would incite intra-family violence. When he asked his stepmom what song she'd like, she said "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. No offense to other brides who like this song, but that was a quick veto. Both DF and I have sat through many a dance recital with teenage girls flittin' around stage in some modern dance routine to this song..... no. No no no. That song reminds me of the popular blonde girls in school that bunched together in the cafeteria to practice cheers and make barf faces at my leftover Filipino food lunch. Thankfully, Jordan recommended Josh Groban's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" rendition, and she approved of that. WHEW!

DF's mom was easy as pie and said anything was ok with her, but that meant DF had to come up with something meaningful and danceable for them. They used to dance to this Cajun singer in the kitchen when he was young, and that would've been great, but the songs were too fast. They both love Prince, but he couldn't narrow anything down. Since his mom loves Luther Vandross, he chose "A House is Not a Home". Perfect!! His mom will love it, and hopefully Jordan will be able to keep her from flooding the boat with her tears.

I think usually the first parent dance is the father-daughter dance, then the mother-son dance, but I wanted to go last partly to be able to sit in between me and DF's dance and me and my dad's dance (post of evil/beautiful wedding shoes to come). And partly because I wanted to end the reception with a Hawaiian song. My dad's from Hawaii, and my mom has Hawaiian blood, so it was fitting to choose a Hawaiian song. Iz Kamakawiwo'ole was a famous singer, so I wanted to choose one of his songs. His most famous one most people know is one where he mashes together "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with "What a Wonderful World", but DF had already chosen the Josh Groban rendition of "Somewhere", and he's sticking with that out of fear his stepmom will bring up Lee Ann Womack again. BUT I found the "What a Wonderful World" song sung by itself by Iz, so I chose that. I was going to choose another song where Iz sings in Hawaiian, but it was faster, and my dad (not ever having danced in his life other than his signature backward air guitar hop move typically reserved for Iron Butterfly) was afraid it was too fast to keep up to. So the Wonderful World song is the keeper.

Official Song List
1. Prelude - "Hallelujah" by Damien Rice
2. Processional - "Hawaiian Wedding Song" instrumental
3. Recessional - "You Got a Friend in Me" by ortoPilot
4. Cake cutting - "Sea of Love" by Iz Kamakawiwo'ole
5. First dance - "La Vie en Rose" by Louis Armstrong
6. Stepmom-son dance - "Somewhere over the Rainbow" by Josh Groban
7. Mother-son dance - "A House is Not a Home" by Luther Vandross
8. Father-daughter dance - "What a Wonderful World" by Iz Kamakawiwo'ole

I love me and DF's song. It's been ours since we were in high school. And it's pretty fitting. We were so young when we started dating, everything was rose-colored to us. Some people thought we were adorable for being high school sweethearts, but some (my parents included) thought we were foolish young kids playing grownup. Eventually, we grew up together and the rose color faded gradually into real life. We've survived into our 30's now, and some things have changed. We learned the joys of cynicism, we're more religious, and because we're in a transitional period, we've been dealing with some deep issues about careers and self-fulfillment. But we've always maintained a small tinge of rose that's kept us buoyant and kept us together. And in the future, I'm hoping it'll be that silly high school type of infatuation that continues to linger and reminds us that our life so far has been pretty damn good.

Disney song chosen for Recessional

Last edited:
One week, One Promotion, One Llama Face - Can I let myself go now?

I feel like the last couple weeks have been stretching me in every single direction. I'm studying for my masters in accounting, which feels like a combination of humble pie in the face and swift kick in the pants (what the hell was I thinking?!). I'm also working fulltime in an accounting position. I've been dealing with a possible promotion for the past week that started with several of my supervisors encouraging me to apply for the promotion and saying I was "at the top of the list" for candidates, and ended with a lovely "just kidding" rejection letter. That felt good. DF and I are trying to move to North Carolina, since the job market is better, so we've been bombarding companies with applications. And have been deleting the multitude of almost immediately returned "It's not you, it's us" rejection letters. With the family rolling in last week, Thanksgiving Day was more like Thanksgiving 5 Days.

Currently, I feel like this...

And oh yeah, we're getting married next week, so there's that.

I had my last dress fitting and finally brought it home last week. Everything fits, and my mom's had 2 practices of zipping me into the beautiful monstrosity that's poofy enough to stand up on its own.

My sister has to go to Shanghai for work the week we're on the cruise, so she can't come, but she did come down with her boyfriend for Thanksgiving and got to see me try on my dress. I had her try on the veil our mom made me, and told her to go into the living room, throw out her arms in front of her boyfriend and say "I DOOOO!!!". I think he panicked, but it was worth it, hahahaha!

I just checked into our cruise online, which was a breeze other than the fact that we never set up a printer, and are missing a cable.

DF and I are staying at Fort Wilderness Resort when we get back on land, and finishing up our honeymoon with 5 days at the World. We got tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, and DF snagged a breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest. I'm thinking of buying a couple tickets for the dessert party Disney has during the Illuminations fireworks at Epcot OR during the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at Hollywood Studios. Apparently they section you off, so the dessert party people are in a sectioned off viewing area. At a miniscule 4'11", I'm usually pretty blocked off from any views other than straight up, especially when there's a big crowd all smooshed together. So having less people to shimmy in front of to get a good view is important. Any of you guys done either of these or heard of anyone who had good/bad experiences with these dessert parties?

Last edited:
Ugh, so much happening at once! Hang in there! You are so close and you will have the time of your lives on your wedding cruise and honeymoon! I am starting a new full time job tomorrow and finishing up my master's degree so I feel your pain! :sad: So close though! Keep your spirits up! Where are you trying to move to in NC? Sending happy, calm thoughts from Minnesota! :)

Ugh, so much happening at once! Hang in there! You are so close and you will have the time of your lives on your wedding cruise and honeymoon! I am starting a new full time job tomorrow and finishing up my master's degree so I feel your pain! :sad: So close though! Keep your spirits up! Where are you trying to move to in NC? Sending happy, calm thoughts from Minnesota! :)

Good luck on your new job!!!! Aw man, you'll feel so much better when you're done with your masters. Almost there!

I have that Disney Cruise app that has a countdown to the cruise, and I think I look at it every hour lol :D Still so much to do and we leave on Sunday! BAHH!

We're looking at Charlotte or Winston-Salem, and even visited Charlotte a couple months ago. It was really easy to adjust to weather - similar to Austin. And houses are cheap! Homes in Austin are priced so high nowadays.:sad2:

I totally thought of you yesterday when I saw a video of a MN newscaster lady walk outside with a cup of warm water and throw it in the air and it immediately froze into snow!!!
Thanks for the happy thoughts!!!:-)

Lucifer's Shoes

They're pretty. They're blingy. They're satin, and they're ivory... And they'll soon be stained with my blood and remorse come December 8th. When we booked our wedding earlier this year, I started looking at all sorts of bridal heels. I knew I needed some serious height to not look like a munchkin in my dress, so 5 inch heels were the flavor of the month. I looked at DSW, Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom's, myglassslipper.com, etc. I looked at shoes ranging $40 to $600. My dress is ivory, so I needed something in that color range. I even looked at blue heels and hot pink ones, but I figured this is hopefully the only time I'll get to wear bridal white/ivory.

I like to browse the HauteLook app on my phone, and saw they were selling Badgley Mischka wedding shoes for cheap!! The description of the ones I saw were ivory (check), a little blingy (check), and had a 5 inch heel (aw yeah, baby!). The only issue was that they didn't have size 6, and I'm typically a 5.5 to a 6 in heels. They DID have a couple 5.5's left in stock so I jumped and bought it. They were 40% off. Boo yah. :woohoo:

Fast forward a couple weeks later, and my shoes arrive from the Dream Wedding Shoes Warehouse in a fancy shmancy Badgley Mischka shoe box, delicately wrapped in cream colored tissue paper, with a perfectly folded cream colored shoe bag placed on top. I ripped the shoes out of the plastic bags, crammed my feet into them immediately, and instead of that perfect the-glass-slipper-fits-perfectly moment, my middle toes both rolled under themselves. Not good. I had to stick my finger into the peep hole parts of the shoes and wiggle my toes with my finger till they straightened out to look like normal toes. And not squished Vienna sausages. Since I rarely wear heels, I had a vertigo moment standing up, and delicately walked around my apartment for several minutes before taking them off. Good enough!!

When I brought them to my dress alteration, I stood in them for atleast 45 min if not an hour. Probably 20 min in was when I felt the squish turn to pain. 30 minutes in was when my knees locked. When I finally got to take them off, my mom helped, and she had to sit on the floor in front of me, brace her feet against the bench I was sitting on, and use both hands to pry them off me.

I proceeded to promise myself for the next couple months that I'd start walking around in them to stretch them out. I even brought them to my shoe guy in Houston to have them stretched out, but he refused to do it since they're satin on the outside, and stretching them would rip the satin. He recommended I try swiping a solution of 50/50 water/alcohol on the inside and then wearing them around to mold them better to my feet.

I'd been dabbling on the internet, looking for a possible frolic with another pair of shoes, but as stubborn as I am, I ended up keeping the beasts.

Luckily, my shoes fit much better at my 2nd and last dress fittings (the only other times I've brought myself to try them on). I need to do the alcohol swipe on the inside just for added fit. Either way, I have some giant hippie looking wedge heels I'm bringing for DF's and my casual Castaway Cay photoshoot, and I'll be strapping those bad boys on under my dress if the pain overtakes me.

Little Piggy killers

Similar looking Little Piggy saviors

Packing List, Eyebrow wax, Wedding Party, Arm Flab

Packing List
In an attempt to be efficient, I created an Excel sheet with a list for packing all necessary items for the wedding on the boat and the immediate honeymoon at the World. That sheet turned into 3 sheets, including one sheet showing early and late Magic Hours at each park on the days we're there, and one sheet including possible events going on, like the dessert parties at the parks during the fireworks.

I have yet to pack a single thing. I come home, stare at my excel sheets, and sip my wine.

Eyebrow Wax
I've decided not to push it and get ONLY my eyebrows waxed. After reading Lurkyloo's story of her waxing experience, and after recently watching that part in The Forty Year Old Virgin where Steve Carell screams "Kelly Clarkson" whilst getting his chest waxed, I'm just not going to walk out on that limb. Getting my eyebrows waxed, for me, is embarrassing enough. My facial skin is pretty sensitive, and the few times I've had the Benefit Brow Bar girls take a swipe at my hairs, my skin puffs up for a couple hours and I end up walking around with the distinct horizontal brow ridge of a Neanderthal.

Wedding Party
Work's been stressful, and at times, tense due to inner office politics. So I was hella surprised that my office threw me a little party with a cake and cards and gifts! One of my coworkers popped her head in my cube and said she needed to show me something, so I followed her into the break room, where everyone was congregating. I think the first thing I did when they yelled "Surprise!" was look behind me, lol. We do the "surprise/cake" gig at least once a month for birthdays, so for a good 30 seconds I was looking around for someone wearing the birthday sombrero.

To preface, I'm not very big with surprise parties. I freak when someone jumps out in front of me (the one and only time DF jumped me from behind, I accidentally karate chopped him in the chest). Also I don't like being put on the spot without being prepared (Ultimate Control Freak Syndrome). It's mainly because I take a couple seconds to process things, and then a couple seconds to react appropriately. Apparently, not reacting immediately to surprises looks weird to people, thus I shy away from things like that. I even had to battle it out with my supervisor to take my birthday off the shared Outlook calendar.

So when I realized the party was for me, instead of just saying "Aww thanks, guys!", I proceeded to slowly moonwalk backwards out of the break room. It was blocked off, and with no where to go but stand in the middle of a circle of middle aged women, I did the one thing my body felt was appropriate. Irish Jig.

Arm Flab
I need to restart my arm exercises to combat my bat wings.

I've been quietly following along and just want to say I love your details and style of writing! Your wedding and honeymoon sounds like it's going to be awesome. :)

I've been quietly following along and just want to say I love your details and style of writing! Your wedding and honeymoon sounds like it's going to be awesome. :)

Thanks, Kiki La Reu!! I love to write, and this blog lets me get all my crazies out instead of dumping it all on my DF, hahaha... :thumbsup2 We've been waiting for this wedding/honeymoon for so long, I'm secretly sad that now that it's here, I'm not allowed to be bride-related crazy anymore. Will probably need to find a new genre of crazy to write about, hehe.

Thanks for the shout out, and thanks for reading!!!:banana:

OMG I've missed your PJ....caught up now. Hilarious! You are just too too funny.
Yea, I totally understand the whole short & "stocky" shopping ordeal. I went to Davids, they were picking out all kinds of strapless poufy gowns. Here's one that I really hated:

8.jpg Yea I wasn't thrilled. I didn't know potato sacks came in white satin. Sad thing, it was my size too.

Good luck on your job looking in Charlotte. I have a friend who lives there, loves it. We just were there not too long ago & enjoyed it. FYI-- the BBQ is not all that there. Unless you really like the mustard-vinagary kind.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more!!!

OMG I've missed your PJ....caught up now. Hilarious! You are just too too funny.
Yea, I totally understand the whole short & "stocky" shopping ordeal. I went to Davids, they were picking out all kinds of strapless poufy gowns. Here's one that I really hated:

View attachment 139034 Yea I wasn't thrilled. I didn't know potato sacks came in white satin. Sad thing, it was my size too.

Good luck on your job looking in Charlotte. I have a friend who lives there, loves it. We just were there not too long ago & enjoyed it. FYI-- the BBQ is not all that there. Unless you really like the mustard-vinagary kind.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more!!!

Thanks, Doodlebug!! Sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't even get a chance to post a "Peace out I'm getting on the boat" blog! I've got TONS to post, so you'll be hearing from me again soon :D

LOL your face in the picture looks like you're about to say "Are you kidding me, David?" Although I must admit the pouf looks good on you, and your waist looks tiny! I displayed many a "um hell no" face when I tried on dresses. Sometimes you get a consultant that knows your body type and sometimes you get a consultant that knows 2+2=sandwich.

I've heard many ppl like Charlotte! And the houses are cheap cheap cheap. I didn't try the BBQ there, but mustardy doesn't sound appetizing to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter