Charleston Exchange Options

Dean

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
We just returned from a week in Charleston, SC on an II exchange. There are 2 resorts there in II, both 5*. Unfortunately, neither are on the DVC exchange list. I stayed at one and toured the other and feel both are worthy of an exchange given the right parameters. I suspect they are not on the list due to limited exchange activity. IF anyone is interested in an exchange for the area, one might contact DVC and let them know that.

We didn't go inside Charleston Place (on the CC), but did hear of it's history. It used to be a Penny's. When they decided to replace it and build a luxury hotel, they had bitter fights over the design. They went through 7 different designs before selecting the present one. At the meeting they settled on the current design, an elderly lady got up and said "hell will freeze over before you build that building". At the ground breaking, the mayor took off his coat and shirt and on his T shirt was printed the words "hell just froze over".

I recently saw a television show that centered around the building of a beautiful home in Charleston. Truly lovely, with architecture in keepining with the history of the area. Despite the dogged work of the contractor, owner, and architect it took over two years to come up with blueprints that would pass muster with city council. I think I saw the lovely southern belle of which you speak. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter