• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charli's Taxi Flat Rate To Aulani

orion2185

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Just doing some planning for our upcoming visit to Aulani in Dec.
We are trying to work out if we just want to book a car service or if we should just rent a car for our stay. Most likely won't travel far from the resort, so a rental car might just be parked during our stay (renting DVC points so free parking at the resort).

We are looking at Charli's taxis (allot of people recommend them) for flat rate travel to/from HNL airport to Aulani resort.

Unless we missed something on their website...the price is a flat rate of $55 one way.
Is that per person or per car?
can't find anywhere that notes if the cost is per person or per car.
There is just 2 of us traveling.

We live in Australia so would like to avoid calling them at all cost.
Since the cost is expensive to call...and difficult due to time difference
Did try to send a message on their contact page...but we keep getting an error.

Thank you in advanced for your help.

So this Disney resort doesn't offer free shuttle to the resort like they do in Orlando?

So this Disney resort doesn't offer free shuttle to the resort like they do in Orlando?
No. I'm sure well over half of the people who have Orlando as their final destination are heading to Disney. Aulani is only the main destination for a small subset of people whose final destination is Oahu. Not enough to run a free shuttle.

We were at Aulani last week and it cost $55 from or to the airport. We went to Pier 2 in Honolulu when we left to board a ship and it cost us $20 more for a total of $75. We used a credit card both ways. There was no tax added on for going to Aulani. But when we went to the port, and wanted to use a credit card there was sales tax involved. It only added on a few dollars to our $75 charge.

As to no free shuttle, I agree with SteveNZ and Midoria, there is no incentive for a free shuttle to Aulani.

We stay at the Marriott Ko Olina (next to Aulani), and I would NEVER go without a car. Last summer I was there a month, and got a midsize for about $900 for the month.

We go out to the store at least every other day or so. We drive up to Kailua, North Shore, the Flea Market at the Aloha Stadium, etc... plus in town to Sushi Bay (Kapolei) all the time. Shopping at Target for groceries too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter