Chatter on other sites - no travel agency discounts for next year?

Yes, this. I make room-only reservations through a TA. Then I don’t have to deal with horrible Disney IT issues trying to make reservations, get discounts, etc. That’s the TA’s job!

I do everything else (dining, Fastpass, tickets, special events) myself.

Yeppers. Like the almost three hour telephone call that I had to make yesterday. It ended up saving a lot of money so it was worth it.

Best thing about using a TA is that they are the ones looking for the discounts AND calling Disney when they come out!

Do they though? I mean if they had let's say 6 trips this fall were they checking every day at every hotel that you said you would be flexible with? And then repeating 6 times all before everything is booked up?

I just don't see the benefit to TAs unless they have exclusives (trips or discounts).

One exception would be if you have no time to plan. For me though planning is really part of the trip and fun.

Do they though? I mean if they had let's say 6 trips this fall were they checking every day at every hotel that you said you would be flexible with? And then repeating 6 times all before everything is booked up?

I just don't see the benefit to TAs unless they have exclusives (trips or discounts).

One exception would be if you have no time to plan. For me though planning is really part of the trip and fun.
For people like me and you, we know when, what and such about new discounts. Some people don't and that is when a TA can come in handy.

I booked rack rate with Dreams. Yesterday she applied the AP discount to my reservation. I did not have to deal with Disney IT or on the phone.

I do all of my own planning.

I booked rack rate with Dreams. Yesterday she applied the AP discount to my reservation. I did not have to deal with Disney IT or on the phone.

I do all of my own planning.

And everyone after you on the TAs list? The TA on the DIS Unplugged show even outlined how just a single person was like 45 mins to run through all the options.

My point is I am fine if I am first on the list less so if I am last.

And everyone after you on the TAs list? The TA on the DIS Unplugged show even outlined how just a single person was like 45 mins to run through all the options.

My point is I am fine if I am first on the list less so if I am last.

I don't really care where I am on the "list." I am not one of the people who sat on hold with Disney for 2 hours only to get bad info or get disconnected. The stories from yesterday were pretty bad.

I was up at 3 a.m. and was able to book and adjust two reservations before the site crashed. Phone calls were just as bad. There was a hold time just to get on the site (when it was working) and one of my phone calls...wait time and the call itself....was almost three hours. But I was able to make adjustments to several different reservations during the phone call.

Got an email from our Magical TA today regarding a new agency exclusive offer for CBR. We are currently booked rack rate 1/27-2/6 at CBR with 10-day PH tickets. The agency exclusive pricing would only save us $261 in total. That's a pretty crummy discount. I'm guessing there will be a Disney room-only offer of at least 20% off that will be a significantly better discount. Pretty disappointed with agency exclusive rate this time around.

I just saw on FB (agent I use posted it), that a few more hotels have been added to some of the dates - CBR and GDT at Coronado Springs. I don’t think any new dates have been added though.

ETA - a few March dates have been added.
Ah, the Tower? Wow.

Kinda interesting that those agency exclusive deals are missing summer 2020 thus far.

Got an email from our Magical TA today regarding a new agency exclusive offer for CBR. We are currently booked rack rate 1/27-2/6 at CBR with 10-day PH tickets. The agency exclusive pricing would only save us $261 in total. That's a pretty crummy discount. I'm guessing there will be a Disney room-only offer of at least 20% off that will be a significantly better discount. Pretty disappointed with agency exclusive rate this time around.
And that might be the best you will get if they increase pricing and then that 20 percent off is off of the new rate :rolleyes: .

That is probably my favorite time of the whole year to go to Disney. Dates were excellent for us with weather and crowds during then.

Yes. A good TA will be up at 4am with multiple browsers open so they can work on several different reservations at once. They can also easily hold several options for you online if your current resort doesn't qualify for a discount. It's possible to get through dozens of reservations this way before the phone lines even open.

I wouldn't count on that. Many folks who booked last year for Fall 2019 actually are paying LESS with their original "Standard Price" package than they would be paying with the current discounts (due to significant rate increases since time of booking).

Yes. A good TA will be up at 4am with multiple browsers open so they can work on several different reservations at once. They can also easily hold several options for you online if your current resort doesn't qualify for a discount. It's possible to get through dozens of reservations this way before the phone lines even open.

I just don't buy that the normal TA is going to be up at 4am running numbers. I also just always point to TAs having a bunch of other trips they are planning as the reason I expect delays in analysis.

If you find a TA though that is up at 4am has an email/call to you by 5am before a discount even drops at 7am/8am then I can see why you would be pro-TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts