Che Fartsmith's Is the (Starts with B) Trash! No, BEST! 2 weeks of Disney Dining! Update: 10/28

So, our first trip, Morgan was 5 and Gwen was 2 turning 3 in 1 month. So, a year older than Jocelyn will be for your trip. I do think Disneyland will be easier if you have a hotel close by. There are so many so close by that going back for naps and stuff will be a breeze compared to Disney World! We were big on naps and honestly at that age they were VERY NEEDED!!! But my girls NEVER slept in strollers. Especially in the park. there was too much to see and do. Some kids will and I have to assume makes things easier.

Jocelyn HATES naps, and most days it's a battle to get her to take one... I think she's only fallen asleep twice in her stroller (outside of the infant stage).

We did book a Good Neighbour hotel right across the street - it seemed worth it with the stroller and a toddler!

I love seeing your dad getting all into the Disney magic!

I think he was surprised with how much he was enjoying it!

January 6, 2018 - Evening Eats

Luke and his family ended up back at Disney Springs while my Dad and I were at the hockey game. The four of them split these two delicious desserts from Amorette’s – the Key Lime Cheesecake and the Mickey Mousse. They didn’t get counted in our food budget, as Luke didn’t pay for them. I’ve had the Mickey Mousse before, and it’s very good. According to Luke, that key lime cheesecake is amazing.

9AD49721-A3EE-4D38-86C8-D528F5320B7B-e1634962604860.jpg

They decided on something quick, easy and inexpensive for supper, and ended up at Earl of Sandwich. I have no photos, and no idea what kinds of sandwiches Luke purchased, but I do know he bought two of them – one to eat now and one to bring back to the room to eat tomorrow afternoon after the marathon.​

Predicted food budget: $2631.67 (does not include tip)
Estimated Cost of this meal: $31.95 (We had no idea where Luke would end up eating, so we just estimated $30) Actual Cost: $17.02 (2 sandwiches)
Over/Under: Under by $14.93
Remaining: $1285.95

While at the NBA game, my Dad and I grabbed food from some place called Gringos Locos inside Anway Centre – I took a picture of the name, but no pictures of our food. Dad actually paid for my food, so I didn’t include this in the food budget for Luke and I.

IMG_0045.jpg

After being dropped off at Disney Springs, we decided we wanted a drink and a small snack, and since no one had any suggestions I led us to Homecomin’. By this point, it was fairly late so we had no trouble walking up and getting a table immediately for the four of us.

Our server, Anthony, was a little intense at first, trying to explain the entire menu, offering recommendations for food and drink despite us saying we were just there for something small. He finally got around to asking if we had ate at Homecomin’ before, and everyone looked at me. I explained that I had just been there less than a week earlier, and we would be back on the upcoming Wednesday for my wedding reception. He was so excited about this, and was full of questions for me the rest of the night. I was a little put-off by this guy at the beginning but by the end of this meal I ended up loving him – he genuinely cared about his job and the food he was serving. He made a comment at one point about going to check his schedule to see if he was working Wednesday so he could try and serve my Wedding – he must have asked because, spoiler alert – he was one of the designated servers assigned to our private reception.

For this meal, I went with my favourite, the Moonshine Mash – watermelon infused moonshine, fresh watermelon, lime juice and simple syrup, $12, and Dad had a can of Michelob Ultra (his beer of choice at the time). We decided to share the Thigh-High Chicken Biscuits – three biscuits topped with Chef Art Smith’s famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with honey, $15. I also had to get another piece of Chocolate Pecan Pie – a 100 year-old traditional Smith Family Farm recipe. Served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, $10. It’s just sooo good! I don’t remember what Lisa and Trevor had, and I didn’t take a single picture of our food – I only have a picture of our receipt haha. Also – Anthony gave us a discount on our meal, despite the fact that I didn’t have my Tables in Wonderland card with me – which was so nice of him, and not something he had to do! It was an employee friends and family discount of some sort, and was an even larger discount than my TIW would have been.​

Predicted food budget: $2631.67 (does not include tip)
Estimated Cost of this meal: $0 – not planned
Actual Cost:
$31.68
Over/Under: Over by $31.68
Remaining: $1254.27

Mmmmmmm, Primetime Pot Roast. We eat there on every trip because I love that dish so much! So glad I was able to get us a reservation there for December!

After hearing the description of each item I decided on the Chicken and Waffles ($16), and a glass of apple juice ($3.59).

IMG_9961.jpg
This looks ah-maz-ing. Fried chicken and mickey waffles!!!! This should definitely be on every Disney breakfast menu

I'm now half-way through this dining report (only took me 3.5 years :rolleyes1 ) -maybe I'll have it finished before our 5 year wedding anniversary haha...
I'm so lost I thought this was our trip together, not your wedding :rotfl2: But at least with your timing you are making my 6-9 month long dining reports look good

Dad was loving this place, he was laughing and smiling the entire time he was setting the table.

D725DD98-D739-4959-B55C-E8D0FAFD85A3-e1578267682250.jpeg
Oh your Dad looks so happy. Great call not telling him what he was in store for first

We decided to share the Thigh-High Chicken Biscuits – three biscuits topped with Chef Art Smith’s famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with honey, $15
These are one of my all time favorite Disney things. $5 for each of these beauties is a complete and utter steal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter