cheap hotels w/in walking distance?

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I am taking my first venture away from the world at the end of July and this is a whole new ball game for me!

Could anyone recommend a clean hotel that is $80 or less per night with in a safe walking distance from the Universal park? I am especially interested in being close to City Walk.

Of those that you would recommend, do any of them offer a shuttle to Disney? (not sure if I can *completely* avoid the world!)

Thanks!

Brenda

There are LOTS of cheap hotels near USF but if you're willing to do $80 add a few more dollars and do the Royal Pacific at the Entertainment rate or AP rate (if you have one). July can be horrendous without Universal Express access and being right on site at Universal Orlando is priceless.

We have stayed at both the Holiday Inn and the Radisson Twin Towers (across the street) - both nice and clean, but I would not have wanted to walk to USF from there - it's much farther than it looks, IMHO - so I would definitely find a resort with a shuttle if you don't have a car or don't want to drive over (which is what we always did with no trouble) - don't know about the Holiday Inn, but I do remember a shuttle from the Radisson.

The Crowne Plaza hotel at 7800 Universal Blvd is about 3/4 of a mile from US/IOA and they have shuttle service there and to SW and WDW. At www.hotelkingdom.com it's $69 per night for any dates I put in the search. If you can't or don't want to pay $100-$150 a night to stay on site, it's not a bad option. Do a search for it and check out some reviews on it.

Cheers:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter